LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

We of course will never get 4.4.3. But, there are some interesting "fixes" that are rumored for 4.4.3

3) Random Reboots.....Someone on here downloaded an unofficial 4.4.2 and if I remember correctly he stated it is a welcome update other than random reboots. I hope this is not a real strong issue with 4.4.2

The other "fixes" do not jump out at me but check out the link.

The random reboots I'm told are because of using an unofficial kernel with the AOSP 4.4.2. It is expected to not be a problem once the official kernel is released. The furnace and dr87 kernels are expected to incorporate the 4.4.2 kernel to resolve this. I'm looking forward to 4.4.2 just for the power management. The ROM I was on was crazy, power management stats showed using only 2/4 cores and spending most of CPU time asleep or at 300 MHz. Very little time was needed running at full speed. The crazy part was this was so un-noticeable.

As for LTE, Spark & eCSFB: The only way you'll connect to any LTE while voice centric (VC) is if the same site has NV PCS. If this is not the case you will not connect to LTE because voice takes priority. But when you go data centric (DC) you will get LTE based on your priority because you've made data your priority over voice. If your phone is on a LTE site that does not have NV voice, your phone will not get the notification to switch to voice channel and pick-up the call and the call goes to voice mail. This is the future for now. Tri-band phone with a single radio. 

This is exactly how my phone has worked for 12+ months, incoming calls were blocked a good portion of the time going to voice mail. Happened after the eHRPD rollouts in our area.

• Like 5

Holy cow, just realized this is 215 pages long. While I try to read all the threads in. he forum and this is one I've kept up with since the beginning, I didn't own the phone until recently. (The phone is actually for the spouse) still I feel the phone isn't getting as good signal as my Mega. Therefore I started to read the thread again and I passed out after page 22.

Therefore, can someone kindly repost the order of the LTE bands. I read different set of orders such as B41, B26 , B25 and then B25, B26, B41 so i am not to sure what the order is supposed to be.

I did ##DATA# , LTE, Edit  and have my MSL and it shows..

LTE Enabled/Disabled is enabled

Band26 Enabled/Disabled is Enabled

Band41Enabled/Disabled is Enabled

Band 25, 26, 41 Proirity is 1

BSRTimer is 3

Is this correct, or does one have to have a higher priority than another?

TS 

Holy cow, just realized this is 215 pages long. While I try to read all the threads in. he forum and this is one I've kept up with since the beginning, I didn't own the phone until recently. (The phone is actually for the spouse) still I feel the phone isn't getting as good signal as my Mega. Therefore I started to read the thread again and I passed out after page 22.

Therefore, can someone kindly repost the order of the LTE bands. I read different set of orders such as B41, B26 , B25 and then B25, B26, B41 so i am not to sure what the order is supposed to be.

I did ##DATA# , LTE, Edit  and have my MSL and it shows..

LTE Enabled/Disabled is enabled

Band26 Enabled/Disabled is Enabled

Band41Enabled/Disabled is Enabled

Band 25, 26, 41 Proirity is 1

BSRTimer is 3

Is this correct, or does one have to have a higher priority than another?

TS

That is correct if you want B25 to be your first to be scanned for.

Band priorities mean literally nothing other than the first scan after coming out of airplane mode or prl reset or something of the sort. The network ultimately determines what band you will be on.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Just a reminder, be sure if you did stuff such as get the hotspot, or changed other files, to put them back to the stock files. Don't want people going into a boot loop after they get the update! ;)

Sweet speed performance, is that LTE or SPARK?!

Anything over 37.5/mb sec(band 25 is limited to that maximum) is going to be band 41 "spark" Also, just to be clear, "spark" is LTE, its just sitting on a different band that has a lot more spectrum available 5x5 FDD(band 25) vs 20Mhz TDD(band 41)

• Like 1

Anything over 37.5/mb sec(band 25 is limited to that maximum) is going to be band 41 "spark" Also, just to be clear, "spark" is LTE, its just sitting on a different band that has a lot more spectrum available 5x5 FDD(band 25) vs 20Mhz TDD(band 41)

I'm fully aware of that nexgencpu in regards to lte and spark being the same but it felt weird asking if that was lte or spark lte, ;) lol. So I differentiate regular lte from lte on steroids by simply asking it in that manner.  :D

I'm sitting on band 25 in my market area and never goes past 35Mpbs dn or 10Mpbs up

Finally! Hope there is wifi calling. I will just be happy to get nfc payments back. I was pissed when I found out the G2 didnt have it because I used it all the time.

• Like 2

But why ZVB and not ZVC? I am assuming that it is a typo on the Sprint website.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing...I'm assuming it is too...

when parsing the LG update site,  

I get : 

<response req_cmd="cs_auth_model_check" status="OK">
<cs_auth_model_check>
<result>OK</result>
<esn>xxxxxxxxx6631</esn>
<model>LGLS980</model>
<suffix>ASPRBK</suffix>
<msn>xxxxxxx321078</msn>
<esn_date>20131217</esn_date>
<sw_version>LS980ZVC_12_7</sw_version>

So it looks like Sprints website is wrong on what version we are going to get.

LG still doesnt have the download ready yet as when you do the URL it shows "not found"  

• Like 1

But why ZVB and not ZVC? I am assuming that it is a typo on the Sprint website.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

OR could it also be a typo on LG part.....Hmm. :wacko:

• Like 1

I am excited to get Kit Kat, although I kind of like the blue status bar icons so I will have to get used to going back to white again. I can't wait to try the ART compiler and see how much performance and battery life improves.

• Like 1

Band priorities mean literally nothing other than the first scan after coming out of airplane mode or prl reset or something of the sort. The network ultimately determines what band you will be on.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

This is true on an "open" network. Experienced this yesterday. In Columbus, some B41 sites are put to "open" or "public" view for a period of time then closed up. I even went as far as disabling B41 and because the site near me was open I was sent to that B41 site instead of a more stronger, closer B25 site even going as far as making B25 my only priority. B41 is not officially launched here but is active on I think 45 sites.

And with that, I have to stop speaking of B41 fun now before I get into trouble since it's not the Premier side.

*has a indent on zagg where the update button is* I'll believe it when I either get it or see a screenshot.

Also I hope it fixes the random data/voice drops I get.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Edited by ghostkilla1388

ZVB for LG is the internal testing version, but for Sprint ZVB is the next release in their cycle to keep it consistent.

So basically, this is LG's ZVC renamed to ZVB.

at least that is what I am being told 

The issues with calls being directed to voicemail only happens to spark phones in my house. I've notice it happens when connected to B41

in my case happens more on the galaxy s3 and evo 4g lte non spark phones

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

*has a indent on zagg where the update button is* I'll believe it when I either get it or see a screenshot. Also I hope it fixes the random data/voice drops I get. Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

When you say data voice drops do you get the red X in the signal bar?