LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

This late in the afternoon there's no doubt Kit Kat 4.4.2 for the G2 will be released come Monday 31 March so the only question remains to beg is what time of day...

Morning --- Noon ---- Afternoon???

What's a few more days.

This late in the afternoon there's no doubt Kit Kat 4.4.2 for the G2 will be released come Monday 31 March so the only question remains to beg is what time of day...

Morning --- Noon ---- Afternoon???

What's a few more days.

Agreed...  I certainly hope it's Monday.  I was a little anxious for it, but noticed at work that my G2 is picking up some B26 LTE!  The B26 has completely taken my focus off of the KitKat update, since it will probably mean more to me than the phone update. 

Next week should be a good week though!  ;)

• Like 1

So I was having the issues of my signal bars disappearing completely and going to just a red X. I disabled B26 and in the past two days I have not ran into that issue since. With the way my priorities were setup it would go 41>26>25. The areas I was dropping were areas that I didn't have B41 tower near by and was running on B25. I kept dropping in the same location. So today I will check the one for sure spot I kept dropping.

I do love my G2, but I think I may give the GS5 a shot on TMobile since they pay ETFs. It's not much of an upgrade, but I don't want to get another G2 if better is out, especially considering G3 is a month or two away possibly. If the KK update really makes a big difference in signal and such, I will most likely cancel TMobile within my trial period :D I have been Samsung for quite some time, but loved all the customization I could make with the G2 without root (though I am rooted still  :P )

Edited by JayFiveAlive

I wonder what my update was then?  Hmm? I just got it within the last few hours. 

It was either a spark update or a prl update....

My Sprint work phone is being replaced with a VZW variant of the G2 next week, can anyone recommend a decent case? I was just going to buy an otterbox, but it said (and every other case we had) that it was for non VZW versions so I couldn't try any of them out. Ideally it would be something similar to an otterbox, or a little less bulky. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't see an accessory thread like the Nexus has.

My Sprint work phone is being replaced with a VZW variant of the G2 next week, can anyone recommend a decent case? I was just going to buy an otterbox, but it said (and every other case we had) that it was for non VZW versions so I couldn't try any of them out. Ideally it would be something similar to an otterbox, or a little less bulky. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't see an accessory thread like the Nexus has.

Verizon cases won't fit our our Sprint G2's (as you know) so not sure how we can speak to that one. Head to XDA developers and there should be an accessories section for G2 and within you should find popular cases then just check for Verizon version. 

• Like 1

Verizon cases won't fit our our Sprint G2's (as you know) so not sure how we can speak to that one. Head to XDA developers and there should be an accessories section for G2 and within you should find popular cases then just check for Verizon version. 

I figured the fit/feel as well as durability/bulk would be similar with just different sku's for the various carrier versions. So I thought I would ask and see what you all would recommend or use yourselves. I've sort of followed this thread from the start but it's pretty big to search through. I'll check out XDA, thanks for the info. I didn't think to look over there.

I figured the fit/feel as well as durability/bulk would be similar with just different sku's for the various carrier versions. So I thought I would ask and see what you all would recommend or use yourselves. I've sort of followed this thread from the start but it's pretty big to search through. I'll check out XDA, thanks for the info. I didn't think to look over there.

The vzw phone is different. It's thicker due to wireless charging. So it won't fit in the thinner sprint case.

Has anyone ever encountered an issue opening pdf files with this phone? Adobe and the included polaris office refuse to open my work pdf files. It just gives an error. The same files open just fine on my pc and my iPhone. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The vzw phone is different. It's thicker due to wireless charging. So it won't fit in the thinner sprint case.

also the volume buttons are a different design on the back. smaller I believe

Has anyone ever encountered an issue opening pdf files with this phone? Adobe and the included polaris office refuse to open my work pdf files. It just gives an error. The same files open just fine on my pc and my iPhone. Any ideas?

no issues here I just wish adobe had a search feature

Don't know what Adobe you have but I'm able to search on my Adobe reader..Haven't had a problem with pdf but was sent a work document and don't know what format it was in but couldn't view it with anything I had..

It's the magnifying glass at the top right..I have rule books for work and when looking up a particular rule I just hit that and type in one or two words to find the rule..they actually just updated the search results not too long ago..

I open pdf's all the time and I've never had an issue and I use adobe reader. 

no issues here I just wish adobe had a search feature

If I recall, it does have a search option, I've used it before when searching for specific text in a pdf.

Anyone having issues receiving calls while on B41? I'm in an area where spark isn't officially available yet i pick up b41. B25 was available until recently, no one in my house is able to pick up B25 even on non spark phones. I wonder if this has something to do with ecsfb? Anyone who calls me is redirected to VM and the only way i get incoming calls is when I'm on cdma

Edited by ECrespo175

If non spark phones are experiencing this problem too then csfb is not the issue. It is something else

Anyone having issues receiving calls while on B41? I'm in an area where spark isn't officially available yet i pick up b41. B25 was available until recently, no one in my house is able to pick up B25 even on non spark phones. I wonder if this has something to do with ecsfb? Anyone who calls me is redirected to VM and the only way i get incoming calls is when I'm on cdma

• Like 1

We of course will never get 4.4.3. But, there are some interesting "fixes" that are rumored for 4.4.3

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Details-surface-about-Android-4.4.3_id54512

1) Camera Focus......Never really an issue with me but it seems a lot of people has camera focus problems with the G2 in low light, I thought that 4.4.2 fixed that problem? Maybe it did not.

2) Data connection dropouts.........It seems quite a few of us also have this issue with the G2, I was hopeful 4.4.2 would fix that but maybe not as much as we hoped.

3) Random Reboots.....Someone on here downloaded an unofficial 4.4.2 and if I remember correctly he stated it is a welcome update other than random reboots. I hope this is not a real strong issue with 4.4.2

The other "fixes" do not jump out at me but check out the link.

Edited by mjnoles1

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapata

Yes.  The person who I work for sent out our schedule.  My friend and I, who bought his phone the same time as me, received the file but somehow messed it up.  Everyone else received the schedule at the same time and got it correctly. 

If non spark phones are experiencing this problem too then csfb is not the issue. It is something else

The issues with calls being directed to voicemail only happens to spark phones in my house. I've notice it happens when connected to B41

New updates available if you go to menu then about phone then update center..something to do with LG keyboard the email and one other thing..I was hoping they were making the LG keyboard where you can swipe it like the other carriers but it didn't..I know you can root and make it swipable but I'm not comfortable rooting..but just wanted to give a heads up about those updates..also why do they have different places to update all these different things?