LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

well LTE is working great for me, thanks for b25/b26. Only at work , our site has no b25 yet, so im stuck on evdo,which i cant get data on. Thankfully target has wifi

Have you done all the standbys - updated profile and prl?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Have you done all the standbys - updated profile and prl?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Everything done. Store even replaced the antenna wires.

Had those errors shortly after some towers in our area showed as accepted on the S4GRU maps. Haven't had them after those couple days. There were some issues with the phone staying on 3G around then too, has cleared up since and connects to LTE nicely.

• Like 1

Thanks does anyone think kit kat will be out by tonight i hope it is

I would hope, but as each minute goes by the chances are probably fading.  From some research (a very small amount) it appears that Sprint typically announce OTAs by 11am eastern time on their forums, with a few exceptions though. 

If not today, then I would certainly expect, and hope, it to be on Monday.

• Like 1

I'm seeing this on my phone lately...anyone else? Or anyone know what this means? pu3ageda.jpg Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

If you're experiencing the 129 data connection error, try calling advanced tech support and have them rebuild/refresh your network settings and see if it fixes you. I'm baffled as to the why part.

In any case, I found a listing of all the Sprint error codes and what really catches my eye is the fact it says this:

Error Codes - RFC 2002 (129) 129 Administratively Prohibited Mobile should display "Unknown error. Sign in failed. Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your phone off then turn it on again."

Maybe wherever you were with your phone Sprint wasn't letting you use the net at that time.

If you're experiencing the 129 data connection error, try calling advanced tech support and have them rebuild/refresh your network settings and see if it fixes you. I'm baffled as to the why part.

In any case, I found a listing of all the Sprint error codes and what really catches my eye is the fact it says this:

Error Codes - RFC 2002 (129) 129 Administratively Prohibited Mobile should display "Unknown error. Sign in failed. Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your phone off then turn it on again."

Maybe wherever you were with your phone Sprint wasn't letting you use the net at that time.

I had this once. Any calls I made also were treated as if I was an unsubscribed prepay user. ##72786# fixed it up. Although I've been cautioned to avoid doing that more than once during a 3-4 hour window. I am the king of glitchy happenings unfortunately.

• Like 1

I get that error message whenever my phone picks up and drops from roaming and native in areas I don't quite have a good signal but just enough to keep kicking me out of roaming. There is a school here made of thick cement block that I get that message daily in.

I tend to believe they'll post the ZVC update on their web page on Tuesday, leave it up for 3 or 4 hours and then change the update page to "April Fools!"

I had this once. Any calls I made also were treated as if I was an unsubscribed prepay user. ##72786# fixed it up. Although I've been cautioned to avoid doing that more than once during a 3-4 hour window. I am the king of glitchy happenings unfortunately.

Provisioning is usually completed within a few seconds when a refresh is sent from the network. However, a 72786 does not change anything network-side. It only has the phone delete the programming, then restart. When it restarts it determines it is not programmed and goes through the Hands-Free Activation process again. After HFA it usually restarts again, then performs another profile update.

A network-side refresh would require calling in to perform, or doing something that automatically triggers a refresh like an ESN/MEID swap.

• Like 1

ok, so some of the issues that some of you have mentioned I have had the same problems and most of them I just deal with for now.

The phone works great besides the hiccups we all have experienced basically since the spark update.

I love this phone but I am almost wondering if the N5 is a better phone all around besides the better rf. Are most of you confident that KK update will fix these issues? If you are not are you willing to stick with this phone or wait for G3 or go to  N5? I really dont want to switch phones so I just wish we can get some clarity on really what KK will bring to the problems with this phone. So can any one of you honestly say you want to stick around and wait for this update or willing to jump phones? 

Thanks. Just looking for opinions and remember I LOVE THIS PHONE. 

ok, so some of the issues that some of you have mentioned I have had the same problems and most of them I just deal with for now.

The phone works great besides the hiccups we all have experienced basically since the spark update.

I love this phone but I am almost wondering if the N5 is a better phone all around besides the better rf. Are most of you confident that KK update will fix these issues? If you are not are you willing to stick with this phone or wait for G3 or go to  N5? I really dont want to switch phones so I just wish we can get some clarity on really what KK will bring to the problems with this phone. So can any one of you honestly say you want to stick around and wait for this update or willing to jump phones? 

I haven't had any major issues with the G2 so I'm sold on it. The N5 is a great device for a pure Google experience but the G2 overall exceeds everything else the N5 has to offer. The main strengths the G2 has over the N5 is battery and camera everything else it's on par.

Any and all issues I've had with the G2 like hangouts & voice mail I simple were easy fix and switching between 4G and 3G at random at any given time is seldom but it does happen and that's a network issue within certain markets and again that was an easy fix for me.

About the only thing I ALWAYS do is perform a factory reset after each software/firmware update to the device no matter what it is and it's worked out great.

IMHO

I'm sort of on the fence with switching phones as well.  I love this phone, but the RF performance is shaky at times for me, and I live on the edge of Sprint native service.  Also, I keep having issues with 3G completely cutting out whenever it wants even at healthy signal levels. 

I am definitely gonna give the KitKat update a chance though.  It appears as though it comes with a new baseband, so maybe it will solve some of my issues.  Otherwise I have been looking at the N5 or M8, if needed.  Probably N5 since it would be a lot less $ and has the superior RF performance.

• Like 1

What issues do you speak of? The only issue I have is A2DP which has been an Android problem for maybe a couple years. 

I dig this phone. On stock I leave it in data centric, grab B41 or B25 LTE wherever it's at, stream music, surf, whatever. If somebody calls me it's no different than what my service has been on my S3 in our Motorola market, it doesn't ring. I've gotten used to it, my family and friends have too, we just text on Google voice. My only complaint is about the battery life and I'm very certain that KK will address that nicely.

After spending the last 10 days on Liquidsmooth ROM, KK will be a great addition for this phone. The only thing bringing me back from LS is the reboots are happening a lot.

I haven't had any major issues with the G2 so I'm sold on it. The N5 is a great device for a pure Google experience but the G2 overall exceeds everything else the N5 has to offer. The main strengths the G2 has over the N5 is battery and camera everything else it's on par.

Any and all issues I've had with the G2 like hangouts & voice mail I simple were easy fix and switching between 4G and 3G at random at any given time is seldom but it does happen and that's a network issue within certain markets and again that was an easy fix for me.

About the only thing I ALWAYS do is perform a factory reset after each software/firmware update to the device no matter what it is and it's worked out great.

IMHO

thanks for your input. Im pretty much sold on the G2 but the RF on N5 seems to be better after reading comparison test. But I wont make a judgement call untill  my area is all lit up with lte. 

What issues do you speak of? The only issue I have is A2DP which has been an Android problem for maybe a couple years. 

I dig this phone. On stock I leave it in data centric, grab B41 or B25 LTE wherever it's at, stream music, surf, whatever. If somebody calls me it's no different than what my service has been on my S3 in our Motorola market, it doesn't ring. I've gotten used to it, my family and friends have too, we just text on Google voice. My only complaint is about the battery life and I'm very certain that KK will address that nicely.

After spending the last 10 days on Liquidsmooth ROM, KK will be a great addition for this phone. The only thing bringing me back from LS is the reboots are happening a lot.

Im with you. Most of the problems others have stated on here. Mine are not has bad to where it bugs me enough to jump phones. Just that before spark update phone didnt have any kind of issue. Like I said this phone still kicks butt. The rf is an issue but again my area is not completed so Im not going fully blame phone yet. Cant wait for kk. Thanks for your input

I'm willing to say we might get it Monday.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

I'm willing to say we'll get it this year. :D

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I love this phone but I am almost wondering if the N5 is a better phone all around besides the better rf. Are most of you confident that KK update will fix these issues? If you are not are you willing to stick with this phone or wait for G3 or go to N5? I really dont want to switch phones so I just wish we can get some clarity on really what KK will bring to the problems with this phone. So can any one of you honestly say you want to stick around and wait for this update or willing to jump phones?

You would be disappointed if you got N5 after having G2.... I know I was when I got for the wife. Kept it for 2 days and it was a wrap! Took back and got her a G2 and she loves it. I of course used the N5 for a bit to make sure and it was blah compared to G2, as it should be.

My go to explanation of the N5 vs G2 question is comparing them to the CJ4 Jeep and a Wrangler Sport Unlimited. It all started/starts with the CJ series, the Sport Unlimited wouldn't exist without it. The Unlimited does everything the CJ4 does (in theory of course) but with style, grace and many creature comforts that make it more suitable (and enjoyable) for daily use by most owners.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 2