LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Im getting a Weird text message that seems to be about my voicemail? Cant get rid of it despite factory reseting my old phone and reprovisioning the g2.

Heres the text i keep getting every 15 to 40 minutes:

//ANDROID:${from} has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call ${callbackno} to listen. CFGs1840.0=103768e13db1823ed561RhBpOiIF//CM

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I assume you updated your profile and are still having issues connecting to LTE? Did you try quering for software updates?

How did you install the LS980V7.1 factory image? Is it available for download anywhere? Does this version 7.1 image help with LTE connectivity issues?

I downloaded from a link on xda.... Originally rooted with Chinese root method then there was a spy ware scare so I reverted to factory . no change in lte... I can't pick up 1900 at all even though my note 2 works fine

also I downloaded the TMobile USB drivers from LG as there was no link on the sprint page. and used the newest android sdk

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-D801

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

on windows 7 install usb drivers .extract the sdk and navigate to the platform-tools folder. hold the shift key while right clicking the mouse and go to open in command prompt. put the phone in developer mode 7 presses on the build number in phone settings the find the developer options and enable adb over usb. connect the g2 to your pc with usb cable. type adb devices to verify the g2 is seen. then type adb pull /system/etc/apns-conf

TODAY BROTHERS! SINCE MY LTE WORKS VERY WELL I WILL TAKE THE TRIBAND CHALLENGE AND ENABLE BANDS 41 AND 26!

He chose...poorly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGFuHC75aY

AJ

• Like 3

I got my shipping confirmation about an hour ago from BestBuy.com......Where the heck is my $50 gift card? I read on here a while back that you will not get your giftcard until your phone is shipped, well it has been shipped, so when do I get my $50 gift card?

From http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mobile-phones-promotions/gift-card-reserve-terms-conditions/pcmcat293000050013.c?id=pcmcat293000050013&type=category&id=pcmcat293000050013:

"If you plan to purchase and activate your mobile phone at BestBuy.com using your registered phone number, you will receive an e-mail 3–5 days after handset activation with instructions on how to download your $50 Best Buy gift card."

-Mike

Im getting a Weird text message that seems to be about my voicemail? Cant get rid of it despite factory reseting my old phone and reprovisioning the g2.

Heres the text i keep getting every 15 to 40 minutes:

//ANDROID:${from} has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call ${callbackno} to listen. CFGs1840.0=103768e13db1823ed561RhBpOiIF//CM

Go to your mysprint and block those shortcodes from sending you texts

Soooo.....Picked up our phones tonight. A few things...

-Ballistic Maxx screen protector sucks. It makes the screen nearly unresponsive, so now I need to invest in a new screen protector.

-My wife's phone holds onto LTE like a pit bull. My phone is either no data or 3G only. When I was leaving the mall, I noticed my lock screen said "invalid card". Best Buy took an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I might have to go to a Sprint store tomorrow

-My wife is obsessed with her G2 and I am afraid when I go to sleep, she will also steal my Ballistic case.

-This phone is amazing. The screen is ridiculously bright and the sound is really loud and full. The software is so customizable.

-4g LTE speedtest at home...28.68 Mbps down and 9.64 Mbps up and 34 ms ping...Holy hell, Batman!

• Like 6

Soooo.....Picked up our phones tonight. A few things...

-Ballistic Maxx screen protector sucks. It makes the screen nearly unresponsive, so now I need to invest in a new screen protector.

-My wife's phone holds onto LTE like a pit bull. My phone is either no data or 3G only. When I was leaving the mall, I noticed my lock screen said "invalid card". Best Buy took an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I might have to go to a Sprint store tomorrow

-My wife is obsessed with her G2 and I am afraid when I go to sleep, she will also steal my Ballistic case.

-This phone is amazing. The screen is ridiculously bright and the sound is really loud and full. The software is so customizable.

-4g LTE speedtest at home...28.68 Mbps down and 9.64 Mbps up and 34 ms ping...Holy hell, Batman!

My 4G has been weak on my device - weaker than all of my other devices (S3 and Note 2).

However, I put on CDMA only mode and side by side, my GS3 has a steady -86 dBm on 1X and -75 to -77dBm on EvDo, while my new G2 has -82dBm on 1X and -69 to -76 dBm on EvDo.  Looks like 3G on this device is a champ.  Just hoping to get more performance out of the G2 on the LTE.  Hoping my APN tweaks I'm trying fix the problems for myself.  

I hope Sprint fixes whatever is wrong with LTE. It isn't a blanket market/equipment issue since my wife and I can sit side by side and she has 4 bars LTE and I have 3G.

Lame....the sprint call offices are closed and I can't activate my device tonight.  Sprint.com/activate doesn't work on SERO plans.  I have to call Sprint tomorrow morning.

At least you can use it on wifi and set everything up until then.

• Like 1