LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

My wife got her G2 from sprint delivered yesterday. We are in Chicago land and get great 1900 LTE coverage at our house on my evo. The G2 has had no problems connecting so far, but we will see what happens when we go on a trip this evening.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

on the phone with customer service right now and they are canceling my order and redoing it to in store pickup and still getting the gift card..she said it wouldnt be until next week if i would wait on the shipment..this is crazy for that..she is really helpful and understanding though..tried to just change it to in store pick up first but would not work so have to cancel then reorder for instore pick up and i asked 3 different times about the gift card and even said i heard it was for online order delivery only and she said that is not true.

I am really considering this as my extra line...I hate to go add a line just to get a phone...but we're not talking much more than what I'm paying now for service if I stick with the everything 1500...

I'm battling my demons to stop me from buying a line I don't need, and making it 5 lines on my account....I should just go ahead and do the upgrade now program...

112 days left until my first upgrade eligible...142 on the next...so 3 months to go on one of them.

So how many out there are connecting to LTE without any issues? Any updates listed when you activate your phones today?

I did all the available updates.  My G2 will fleetingly get 4G LTE when I switch network modes then back to 3G where it stays.  Really annoying that they don't have this issue fixed on launch day!  I'm right up the street from the LTE tower from Shentel.  When I had the two lemon Samsung Galaxy Note 3's I got great LTE. 

well crap...the woman was misinformed apparently...i didnt have my credit card info with me so i had to hang up call my wife and get the info then call back..i got the guy i talked to yesterday, matt and he is saying you can no longer put in a preorder and the $50 gift card is not available for selection since the release is today..trying to get a supervisor now because this is not how a preorder should work..i will never preorder anything from best buy again..this is a pain in the neck..he couldnt switch it to in store pick up either so only choice was to cancel and just go to the store to pick up and not get $50 gift card..looks like im waiting till next week unless a supervisor can do something different..will let you guys know what the super says..

edit:  well cant do anything if i want to keep the gift card..think i may print out my order form and go in like someone else said but the thing is, its not even showing the $50 gift card availability anymore on the website..

and i still dont have a shipping confirmation yet!!!

Edited by iruntrains

Canceled my order online as well. The guy tried putting in an In Store Pickup order for me but got stuck at the Order screen for the gift card. I think he was just confused. So I said screw it and just placed my order online normally for in-store pickup today. I'll still try to convince them In Store to give me a gift card. If not, I don't even care at this point.

Just got off the phone with Sprint customer support, and as I expected they know nothing about the G2 not connecting to LTE and suggested I return the device for a different phone.  They also know nothing about any update coming out to correct the LTE issue.  You gotta laugh!  It's launch day and I can't connect to LTE.  I thought sure the update would be here in time. 

T

We know the G2 and N5 are having lte problems on Band 25. But is the S4T and HTC One having the problems also? That would help out if its a LG issue or not.

That's a really good point. I'm not receiving 1900 at all. 

Well, I'll be joining the crowd of new phone adopters next week...After talking with Sprint today, I'm going to give it a week, and go grab one on the One UP program...

I told the wife she could have the phone, she wants the G2 as well..and I would just settle for getting the PS4 next week. No need for me to get a PS4 and LG G2 all in the same week. I really don't use my phone enough to warrant doing that..

Sign up for UPS My Choice. It's free and gives you all sorts of features.. automated notifications when a package enters the system with your address on it, signature waivers, rerouting.. it's pretty good.

-Mike

Fortunately my hunch was right.  I got my phone dropped off at home without a signature needed.  Now I'll go and grab it and let the fun begin!

• Like 2

OK, I'm a little ticked.  I didn't get my free flip case that I was supposed to get through pre-ordering from Sprint.  Anyone else not get the case?  Any luck working with Sprint to get it?

It comes in a separate shipment.

• Like 1

OK, I'm a little ticked. I didn't get my free flip case that I was supposed to get through pre-ordering from Sprint. Anyone else not get the case? Any luck working with Sprint to get it?

Some stated shipping separately

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So once I get my phone ill be back on the bus and hopefully get the msl quick so I could do testing in Los Angeles for triband

I am I LA as well and I am interested to hear if u can connect to b41

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Lte issues here in Lincoln, ne (strong signal but won't connect for then a second) Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

Me too here in Harrisburg PA.  No 1900 receprion.  LTE Discovery app shows I am connected to eHRPD.

Didn't know they had a warehouse here. I do know that the Geek Squad super City is here. They have a huge building right off I-65 were all the things sent in for repair get sent to. I know several people that work there, and as far as I know, repair is all they do, not warehousing. Could be wrong though. If they do have a shipping warehouse here I'd love to know where it is.

Best Buy warehouse is off Cedar Grove Rd across the street from Amazon.

has anyone that ordered from bestbuy received a confirmation about shipping??  mine still says 1 order in process of being fulfilled..it better ship by tonight or im gonna be raising some hell when i get off the train in the morning..its almost making the $50 not even worth it now..