Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Sprint did roll out an up-date a few weeks after the N3 was released.

I had poor signal and dropped WiFi before the up-date.

My current Baseband version ends in: BMJ4 , check yours.

If you did not get the phone activated properly maybe you do not have the most current software?

Lateck,

Here phone has BMJ4... still drops calls left and right

Here phone has BMJ4... still drops calls left and right

Well, I am out of ideas. My N3 did improve after the up-date.

Good luck with customer service. .....

But,I'm sure some smarter brains will chime in.

Lateck,

Well with the galaxy S4 now coming with Triband support what would the chance be of the Note 3 getting the upgrade? My phone upgrade comes up late next month and really want the note 3.

If you open a new line or add a line to your plan via Amazon the Note 3 is $112 right now That's the lowest I've seen it.

Well I've been talking to sprint dozen's phone doesn't work, repairs center refuses to run a diagnostic on it, CS manager offered to downgrade the phone for a minimal fee  :wacko: not to mention not addressing abysmal service of 100's of dropped calls. Some "escalated" manager is suppose to give me a call within 24 hours however I haven't had any luck with Sprints CS managers calling back when they say they will.... Probably not the place and I apologize for that but I'm fed up and about ready to end service and stop payment on anything I can.

Well I've been talking to sprint dozen's phone doesn't work, repairs center refuses to run a diagnostic on it, CS manager offered to downgrade the phone for a minimal fee :wacko: not to mention not addressing abysmal service of 100's of dropped calls. Some "escalated" manager is suppose to give me a call within 24 hours however I haven't had any luck with Sprints CS managers calling back when they say they will.... Probably not the place and I apologize for that but I'm fed up and about ready to end service and stop payment on anything I can.

Posted Image

He's waiting for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So I have had a chance to play with the zerolemon 10k battery and the adapter. 

The ZL battery is pretty good. It delivers pretty much triple the playtime which is awesome. The case is fairly robust but is the main drawback. It has a screen protector which is frankly useless, scratches very easily. The USB port is also very recessed so anything that is thick will have trouble fitting, I have to remove the case to use the dock. Also wireless charging requires some serious surgery. It would have been great if they could have gone a bit farther with the case and used a better screen protector and incorporated a wireless charging coil (I understand this would have cost more but I would have been willing to pay it). An 11 pin usb extension cable would solve the other issue but I cannot find one anywhere :( It is the best case you can get for an extended battery though. 

The dock is ok, it requires a 2 amp charger to do video and usb. Using the sd card slot seems to kill the sd card slot which is a shame. It works well with my wireless keyboard and dongle. For the money it's a fairly decent replacement for the samsung dock which is about $70 but it seems to be more quirky. 

dock is ok, it requires a 2 amp charger to do video and usb

Can you use video (MHL/HDMI) and USB (OTG) simultaneously?

Using the sd card slot seems to kill the sd card slot which is a shame. 

Meaning you can only put a sd card in once, and then the slot gets destroyed so you can never use it again?

Can you use video (MHL/HDMI) and USB (OTG) simultaneously?

Meaning you can only put a sd card in once, and then the slot gets destroyed so you can never use it again?

Yes yu can use both hdmi and usb simultaneously with a decent power source. You cannot use the sd card and usb port simultaneously but you can switch between them.

Has anyone figured out a fix for the dropped call issue?

Hrmm, bouncing off of what you said in your other thread...

If the N3 is dropping calls, but not when on Google Voice...

Well, first off, my "sources" tell me that the N3 Drop Call Issue is only on 800 MHz.

Secondly, if Google Voice resolves the issue, it might be due to HD Voice.

• Like 1

Hrmm, bouncing off of what you said in your other thread...If the N3 is dropping calls, but not when on Google Voice...Well, first off, my "sources" tell me that the N3 Drop Call Issue is only on 800 MHz.Secondly, if Google Voice resolves the issue, it might be due to HD Voice.

Could you elaborate a little bit on Google Voice? I don't use or know anything about Google Voice, but is it HD voice capable? I own a Sprint Samsung GN3, and mine works flawlessly at everything. I guess I lucked out. Is the Sprint GN3, compatible with the forthcoming Sprint HD voice?

Thanks...

My wifes phone has band 41 and 26 enabled would that mean it would receive spark capabilities

Nope. The Note 3 would have to have a hardware revision like the GS4 got. The options may be in there, but it won't do squat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

Nope. The Note 3 would have to have a hardware revision like the GS4 got. The options may be in there, but it won't do squat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

I certainly wish they would do this. I was set on a Note 3 until Sprint turned on Spark here. Now I'm back to wait and see mode!

Hi everyone,

So i was wondering if you could help.  I'm moving to Tampa in June which I understand has LTE being deployed on band 41 and 800LTE (Sprint Spark, not sure if it's active yet?)

I was super excited to get the note 3, then i found out its single 1900LTE, so I was thinking of passing?

So I can upgrade now, or I can wait if there's something coming along better

I have a GS3 right now

Hi everyone,

So i was wondering if you could help. I'm moving to Tampa in June which I understand has LTE being deployed on band 41 and 800LTE (Sprint Spark, not sure if it's active yet?)

I was super excited to get the note 3, then i found out its single 1900LTE, so I was thinking of passing?

I have a GS3 right now

If you want the benefits of Triband, skip the GN3.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

So i was wondering if you could help.  I'm moving to Tampa in June which I understand has LTE being deployed on band 41 and 800LTE (Sprint Spark, not sure if it's active yet?)

I have a GS3 right now

The GS4 "T" version is Tri Band... If you're looking for a big screen, the HTC One Max is Tri Band as well. I've heard the GS5 is right around the corner too, but not sure about the screen size.

I also have a Note 3. It works really well around Harrisburg on 1900 MHz. I also have an LG G2 but that phone pretty much sucks... I'll resurrect it when 800 MHz LTE hits Hartisburg here shortly.

• Like 1

Thanks, since Tampa i'm assuming will have good 800 and 2500LTE I should pass on the Note 3 (darn).

If you say G2 is bad then that's out, which leaves N5 and S4/S5.  S5 hopefully releases around april.  I'm assuming the Nexus 6 won't come out until Nov1 (like the N5) which is a long wait.

So Nexus 5 or wait 2 months for S5?

edit missed the part about the One max, any thoughts? From what i've read the 4mp camera isn't great

Thanks, since Tampa i'm assuming will have good 800 and 2500LTE I should pass on the Note 3 (darn).

If you say G2 is bad then that's out, which leaves N5 and S4/S5. S5 hopefully releases around april. I'm assuming the Nexus 6 won't come out until Nov1 (like the N5) which is a long wait.

So Nexus 5 or wait 2 months for S5?

edit missed the part about the One max, any thoughts? From what i've read the 4mp camera isn't great

If absolutely great radio and reception performance is important to you then look no further than the s4t or Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2