Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

These are phenomenal devices. Can't wait for the next iteration, hopefully the GN4 Tri Band!

Agreed. I ended up buying this one outright but I have my upgrade in December so I'll definitely be getting the Note 4 then.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Agreed. I ended up buying this one outright but I have my upgrade in December so I'll definitely be getting the Note 4 then.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I bought my Note 3 outright as well. I will also get the Note 4 when it is finally released.

• Like 1

You're right - not worth the effort!

Yeah, if that's the only reason you're rooting, I wouldn't bother. It's not hard but you may trigger the KNOX "Warranty Bit". There have been stories of people being refused service/replacement because of that bit being triggered and stories of people having no issues. Personally I went ahead and did it and tripped it but that's because I can't stand not tinkering with my phone. :)

Yeah, if that's the only reason you're rooting, I wouldn't bother. It's not hard but you may trigger the KNOX "Warranty Bit". There have been stories of people being refused service/replacement because of that bit being triggered and stories of people having no issues. Personally I went ahead and did it and tripped it but that's because I can't stand not tinkering with my phone. :)

KNOX is a royal PITA! Hopefully Samsung fixed the issue, with the KitKat update, where KNOX always falsely flags legitimate apps as malicious. This happens on a co-worker's S4 as well.

Is anyone else having poor battery performance after the kit kat update? I apologize if this has already been discussed, but there are a lot of pages here. My batter life has gone from an average of 15+ hours to making 12 hours a stretch. Any insight would be appreciated. 

Is anyone else having poor battery performance after the kit kat update? I apologize if this has already been discussed, but there are a lot of pages here. My batter life has gone from an average of 15+ hours to making 12 hours a stretch. Any insight would be appreciated. 

I used to brag about the battery life on my GN3 before the update.  After the update, I have noticed the battery life is not as good as it was before.  I also think that performance took a slight hit as well.  I notice more lag time with TouchWiz now. 

For me the KitKat update has been wonderful, performance is ok, it's not dropping calls on 800MHz anymore, and the battery life is really good. I completely erase my phones after doing a major update like this though.

completely erase as in a factory reset? Because my battery stinks lately and my phone feels very laggy. It straight up froze the other day and I had to battery pull.

completely erase as in a factory reset? Because my battery stinks lately and my phone feels very laggy. It straight up froze the other day and I had to battery pull.

Yes, sometimes I go even further and go into the dialer and do ##786#, press reset, enter my msl, press enter and this will completely erase the phone, and then the phone re-activates itself when it reboots.

Yes, sometimes I go even further and go into the dialer and do ##786#, press reset, enter my msl, press enter and this will completely erase the phone, and then the phone re-activates itself when it reboots.

I really should have done that, but I hare spending the time putting everything back on and getting it just the way I like it. 

Just went to make a call from my GN3 over Bluetooth in my vehicle (2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited with nav).  I found that the GN3, since the KitKat update, will no longer dial by name.  It only dials by number.  Has anyone else noticed Bluetooth dialing issues since the KitKat update?

I have the My Ford Touch system, and it's still working the same. Maybe you should remove the phone from your system, then pair it up again.

I did that yesterday and it worked!  I never experienced that issue before with any other os update.  For some unknown reason, the contacts just weren't visible to Bluetooth dialing. 

• Like 1

I tried to give it several days before complaining, but my battery life has definitely gone downhill. I used to finish the day at around 35-40% (moderate user). Now with nothing changing other than the update, I'm hitting that point before 5 pm and find myself using my charger. Pretty disappointing. The battery life used to be phenomenal for me, like almost 2 days worth if I stretched it.

I tried to give it several days before complaining, but my battery life has definitely gone downhill. I used to finish the day at around 35-40% (moderate user). Now with nothing changing other than the update, I'm hitting that point before 5 pm and find myself using my charger. Pretty disappointing. The battery life used to be phenomenal for me, like almost 2 days worth if I stretched it.

look at your battery stats to see what's eating it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Android System is the #1 offender, today it's even above the Screen/display.

I've noticed that Android System encompasses a lot under one blanket, but you're not alone.  The battery life on my phone is now terrible, after doing factory resets too.  There's no one app that is consuming battery more than it used to.  I'm scratching my head and hoping I can figure it out... the life definitely isn't the same after the 4.4 update for me. 

I've noticed that Android System encompasses a lot under one blanket, but you're not alone. The battery life on my phone is now terrible, after doing factory resets too. There's no one app that is consuming battery more than it used to. I'm scratching my head and hoping I can figure it out... the life definitely isn't the same after the 4.4 update for me.

For me screen was always the number one battery user, never had "Android system" as the top pull on the battery. Something ain't right with this update.

• Like 1

For me screen was always the number one battery user, never had "Android system" as the top pull on the battery. Something ain't right with this update.

Mine can be added to the list as well. I would rather have better battery life than KK 4.4.

• Like 1

... Aaaaaand the lagging and freezing up started now too. Thanks Samsung and Google! Took a great phone and now it's struggling because of an update.

Anyone know how to downgrade back to the previous Android version?

Going to have to do a hard reset I think. This thing went haywire this morning. Apps crashing, google play even, not reading my SD card suddenly, side button unresponsive, done 2 battery pulls, lagging way behind, shutting off by itself...