Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

what do you mean?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It is widely rumoured if not confirmed (can't remember which) that soon framily will be the only plan available. Meaning that once your contract is up you will have to sign up for framily which means no phone subsidy. However, I believe they do monthly payments so it is similar to the phone subsidy if you pay the phone off over a longer period. Please anyone correct me if I've misrepresented anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It is widely rumoured if not confirmed (can't remember which) that soon framily will be the only plan available. Meaning that once your contract is up you will have to sign up for framily which means no phone subsidy. However, I believe they do monthly payments so it is similar to the phone subsidy if you pay the phone off over a longer period. Please anyone correct me if I've misrepresented anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ah. Yes. Just read about it.

Interesting... my wife and I couple probably save a little bit on this plan, though I'd still want unlimited data.

Hmmm.... wonder if I should pull the trigger on a Note 3 now.

Ah. Yes. Just read about it.

Interesting... my wife and I couple probably save a little bit on this plan, though I'd still want unlimited data.

Hmmm.... wonder if I should pull the trigger on a Note 3 now.

I wouldn't go with the note 3 at this point since it's not tri band.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I wouldn't go with the note 3 at this point since it's not tri band.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I live in Green Bay, WI so that probably won't be an issue for a while.

The only things I'm corpus about with family:

1. Will I still be eligible for my employee discount through my employer?

2. Will I still be charged $10 on each line for Premium Data?

I live in Green Bay, WI so that probably won't be an issue for a while.

The only things I'm corpus about with family:

1. Will I still be eligible for my employee discount through my employer?

2. Will I still be charged $10 on each line for Premium Data?

Milwaukee should be getting some tri band loving soon and Green Bay has a few 800 lte towers complete from I've heard. They're just not broadcasting.

Yes. It only comes off your data plan though.

And you have your choice of data package. 1gb is included. To go up to 3gb is another $10 and unlimited is $20 but that includes an annual upgrade.

• Like 1

Milwaukee should be getting some tri band loving soon and Green Bay has a few 800 lte towers complete from I've heard. They're just not broadcasting.

Yes. It only comes off your data plan though.

And you have your choice of data package. 1gb is included. To go up to 3gb is another $10 and unlimited is $20 but that includes an annual upgrade.

Thanks. Yeah I might just enjoy my Nexus for the rest of the year then and get the Note 4 when it comes out. I doubt I'll be forced to switch to Framily between now and then.

Rumor has it within the next 3 months we will be switching to strictly framily. Not too many places can do 2 year contracts as it is already.

hmmm.... makes me wonder if I should switch ASAP then so I can get an upgrade a year from now

hmmm.... makes me wonder if I should switch ASAP then so I can get an upgrade a year from nowSent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not you're thinking with your dipstick.

You can always just switch the plan and if you go unlimited your upgrade will be a year from now. Then you won't have to buy a phone at this point in time.

• Like 1

hmmm.... makes me wonder if I should switch ASAP then so I can get an upgrade a year from nowSent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you sign a contract you will be waiting almost 2 years because thats the upgrade cycle on those plans or if you switch to framily after signing a new contract there is a $15 fee for phone subsidy since its not baked into the plan pricing.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Rumor has it within the next 3 months we will be switching to strictly framily. Not too many places can do 2 year contracts as it is already.

From what ive been repeatedly told its in less then 30 days.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Not you're thinking with your dipstick.

You can always just switch the plan and if you go unlimited your upgrade will be a year from now. Then you won't have to buy a phone at this point in time.

So the only way to get annual upgrade is if you cost the unlimited add on?

So the only way to get annual upgrade is if you cost the unlimited add on?

Yep.

As far as the 30 day comment I wouldnt doubt it's that close but I haven't heard it personally. With how they've changed online and telesales so drastically in the last few weeks I believe it will happen soon.

• Like 1

So back to the actual topic of the phone, are there any major/lingering issues with the Note 3 or does it run like a champ?

I like my Nexus 5 but I now have to use my phone for work and my employer has a "no rooting" policy, so I'm getting pretty bored with stock Android and am getting a little hungry for both a larger screen and more features packed in.

Thanks for the insight!

I haven't seen the dropped call issue too much in my area. The phone seems really solid to me. For whatever reason my battery drains a lot faster than the one I had on att did which sucks. The only annoyance I have is getting used to the keyboard on such a big screen. I keep having to retype things due to me messing up.

I haven't seen the dropped call issue too much in my area. The phone seems really solid to me. For whatever reason my battery drains a lot faster than the one I had on att did which sucks. The only annoyance I have is getting used to the keyboard on such a big screen. I keep having to retype things due to me messing up.

thanks! I'm a big Swiftkey user so I should be good there.

I'll be picking it up this weekend.

So back to the actual topic of the phone, are there any major/lingering issues with the Note 3 or does it run like a champ?

I like my Nexus 5 but I now have to use my phone for work and my employer has a "no rooting" policy, so I'm getting pretty bored with stock Android and am getting a little hungry for both a larger screen and more features packed in.

Thanks for the insight!

My wifes battery will last days without charging,,, but you can pretty much guarantee it will talk 3+ calls to complete a conversation because the phone drops just about every call 

My wifes battery will last days without charging,,, but you can pretty much guarantee it will talk 3+ calls to complete a conversation because the phone drops just about every call

Weird that it affects some users and not others.

Thanks for the insight!

Some users have reported dropped calls, garbled voice and poor reception. My GN3 exhibits none of the above. It's a rock solid device with 2+ days battery life with moderate use.

Bought the GN3 at full price because my LG G2 is such a POS.

I think you'll be very happy with the Sprint GN3. The Verizon GN3 has abysmal RF performance at best.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

I am also a SwiftKey user. I had the opportunity to pick it up for only 10 cents during a winter sale on Google Play. I recommend if there are apps you want, there are insane deals around Thanksgiving and Christmas time. SwiftKey is easy to use and you can adjust the size and location of the keyboard to match the natural way you hold your phone.

Yep.

As far as the 30 day comment I wouldnt doubt it's that close but I haven't heard it personally. With how they've changed online and telesales so drastically in the last few weeks I believe it will happen soon.

So I upgraded 2 lines to nexus 5, but the iPhone lines want to wait until the next version... So when they upgrade they would kick the whole plan into framily?

Honestly, I've been a big sprint fan

, but if they start doing the same tiered stuff as the other evil two then what keeps me on sprint?

So I upgraded 2 lines to nexus 5, but the iPhone lines want to wait until the next version... So when they upgrade they would kick the whole plan into framily?

Honestly, I've been a big sprint fan

, but if they start doing the same tiered stuff as the other evil two then what keeps me on sprint?

Correct. I think it's been all but confirmed that framily is the new way the company is going.