Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Just got my Note 3 Dec 31.  I'm having an issue with "S Note".  Way too frequently, when I try and open the app, I get an error message "Unfortunately S Note has stopped". 

Does anyone know what the cause of this is or how to fix it?

Crappy Samsung software. If you clear the data on S note, the force closing should stop. And as for dolphin, I use that browser solely for work, and have never had it crash in the past 3 months.

Crappy Samsung software. If you clear the data on S note, the force closing should stop. And as for dolphin, I use that browser solely for work, and have never had it crash in the past 3 months.

Thanks, I tried clearing both data and cache, but the S Note app still stops running.  It's really starting to get annoying now. 

Are you rooted? Have you uninstalled any other samsung or system apps?

I'm not rooted and have not uninstalled any Samsung apps.   Only a few 3rd party apps that I installed, didn't like and uninstalled. 

Perhaps you have a rogue app that you've downloaded that is causing the issue.

I really haven't installed too much.  Just the same apps that didn't appear to cause any issues with my G2. 

I think I may have found the solution to the "S Note" crash.  I deleted the "SnoteData" folder and let the app re-create it.  The "S Note" app has been loading every time since.  Hopefully it won't come back to haunt me!

Dolphin Browser crash fixed.  I contacted the developer.  They had me install Dolphin JetPack.  This solved the crash issue. 

• Like 1

Dolphin Browser crash fixed.  I contacted the developer.  They had me install Dolphin JetPack.  This solved the crash issue. 

I found jetpack worked a lot better with any flash on a page and resulted in a lot less crashes. 

Just waiting for usps to hurry up and deliver a zerolemon 10k battery and case and a $10 smart dock alternative

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111128080514?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

If anyone is interested I'll let you know what its like. 

I found jetpack worked a lot better with any flash on a page and resulted in a lot less crashes. 

Just waiting for usps to hurry up and deliver a zerolemon 10k battery and case and a $10 smart dock alternative

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111128080514?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

If anyone is interested I'll let you know what its like.

Hey, that's pretty cool. Let us know how it works out.

I am getting frustrated with Google Play Services sucking down my battery on the GN3.

I have turned off sync on all but the essential Google apps and still Google Play Services ist the number one contender in my battery usage list.

I don't know how or why this is happening or how to stop it

I had the same issue with my LG G2, but without any intervention on my part it stopped after a few days. This problem on my GN3 is persistent.

Anyone else experience and solve this?

I am getting frustrated with Google Play Services sucking down my battery on the GN3.

I have turned off sync on all but the essential Google apps and still Google Play Services ist the number one contender in my battery usage list.

I don't know how or why this is happening or how to stop it

I had the same issue with my LG G2, but without any intervention on my part it stopped after a few days. This problem on my GN3 is persistent.

Anyone else experience and solve this?

It was a bad update that was pushed out from Google. They update Play Services in the background and users have no control over it.  We all had to wait it out until Google fixed it. I wonder if Play Services has specific versions for different phones.  If so, this may be a bad update or a funky interaction with TouchWiz.

It was a bad update that was pushed out from Google. They update Play Services in the background and users have no control over it.  We all had to wait it out until Google fixed it. I wonder if Play Services has specific versions for different phones.  If so, this may be a bad update or a funky interaction with TouchWiz.

Thanks Dave,  I am wondering the same thing myself.  I was hoping to see if other GN3 users are experiencing the same issue.  Hopefully Google will fix this soon.

I have had the same problem.... (With Google services)

But to avoid power drain at night I just turn off the GPS.  I have gone from a 30~40% power lose to only 3~8% overnight.

In the morning I turn on the GPS and I can go an entire day on a single charge.

But I too hope that Google get's their act together.

Lateck,

I have had the same problem.... (With Google services)

But to avoid power drain at night I just turn off the GPS.  I have gone from a 30~40% power lose to only 3~8% overnight.

In the morning I turn on the GPS and I can go an entire day on a single charge.

But I too hope that Google get's their act together.

Lateck,

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm spoiled with the battery life of my G2. 

At least today, the operating system is higher than Google Play Services on my battery usage list!

No battery issues with any Google services here on 2 Note 3's. But then, I rooted both Note 3's and they're Rooted with battery-saving apps like Greenify and Deep Sleep Battery Saver. :P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No battery issues with any Google services here on 2 Note 3's. But then, I rooted both Note 3's and they're Rooted with battery-saving apps like Greenify and Deep Sleep Battery Saver. :P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm very curious...  My battery hog "Google Services", now is listed as "Google Play Services".  Did it update and is that the exact same thing?  I no longer see "Google Services" in the list - only "Google Play Services". 

Well, I guess right now I'm just going to play how many dropped calls to sprint customer care before we find a resolution... right now we're at 3!

Sorry Brenda, Shannon... darn, I'm losing track already

Three posts in a row, well finally Sprint Technical Support reactivated the phone and its working as of right now... Sprints system was initially down when we activated the phone and the tech said that might have to some impact. we'll report back.

Further insight from this may be to not buy a phone the day sprint launches any new popular phone.

This is true. 

Its also true for any carrier. TMO's n3 also had issues :) Phones are getting more complicated, consumers are pushing for faster release scheudles, greater jumps between generations, honestly given the complexity of something like a note 3 it isn't too shocking to find bugs when it is released. How quickly carriers, google  and samsung respond is most definately fair game though!

Phone is still dropping calls all over the place today :-(

Sprint did roll out an up-date a few weeks after the N3 was released.

I had poor signal and dropped WiFi before the up-date.

My current Baseband version ends in: BMJ4 , check yours.

If you did not get the phone activated properly maybe you do not have the most current software?

Lateck,