New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

I don't see the hate; these plans seem like Simply Everything at a lower price point, and are particularly advantageous for people who are running shared non-smartphone plans. For someone like my colleague who has a dumb phone and has no interest in smartphones, I'm sure he'd jump at $50 for unlimited text + calling (versus $99 today).  You'd also come out ahead if you're doing Everything Data shared with dumb phones on most of the lines.

These plans aren't intended for S4GRU junkies, any more than T-Mobile's prepaid unlimited calling+text plan with 100MB of unthrottled data is intended for a T-Mobile smartphone data junkie.

• Like 5

I must be missing something as it looks ok to me and everyone doesn't think so. Anyone see my omission?

Right now I have 450 minutes and unlimted  text and data for $79.99 a month new plan looks like $50 + $30 for unlimited data so I'm still at a bout $80 and now have unlimited minutes.

With insurance and misc bountiful fees and charges its 

$101.77

a month.

If discounts on the new plans are only taken off of the data price, not the voice price, which seems to be the case then your scenario is only true for people who don't have a discount on their line.

I have the same plan you do, with a 20% discount through my employer. The discount is taken off of the $69.99 base price of the plan, which is $14. With the new plans, I'd only get the discount off the $30 data part of the plan, or $6. So even though the price of a single line is the same with either plan, I'd be paying $8 more if I switched to the My Way plan because of the lesser discount due to it only coming off the data price.

Since I have no use for unlimited minutes (unlimited nights, weekends and mobile-to-mobile covers 99% of my calls), I'll be keeping my Everything Data plan for as long as I can.

What I'm looking at says announce 7/12, trainings don't even start til 7/17. It also says these plans will be our lead offer to new customers.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

the plans do not appear to be forced at all.  although it remains to be seen if these plans will replace the current ones on the website or if they will be listed along side.  the fine print also shows other plans may receive bandwidth priority over these new plans which seems to mean that other plans will be available to sign up for besides these.

Im on wait and see right now. If these plans arent forced, then I have no problem, unless this "priority" thing becomes an issue. It would be quite the slap in the face to tell a customer whose dealt with sub-par data speeds for year that they've been sent to the back of the data-speed line.

• Like 6

The current plans aren't going away, and there have been no announcements of any kind to that matter.

If you ask me, these plans are there so that they have a VZW-aike plan, so that people coming from other carriers can easily compare side-by-side. 

Lastly, while I'm not a mod, I definitely find it disturbing the amount of near-rant angry behavior in this thread. Sure, I understand anger over price increases (even though these aren't official yet, aren't mandatory, etc.), but some posts have had a serious "world is ending, bail Sprint now!!!!11" tone to them...

I just read pages 5 thru 7 and spot checked the first 4 pages -- and I didn't see anything that was too ranting.  I personally showed some displeasure toward them (I was waiting patiently for a new unlimited talk/text share plan such as Verizon and ATT and this totally took my wind out of my sails) -- and others have done the same.  But when a company releases (or leaks) what is IMHO terrible news -- how on a forum that is ABOUT that company can you not have some negativity (and even some ranting, really)...

• Like 1

Im on wait and see right now. If these plans arent forced, then I have no problem, unless this "priority" thing becomes an issue. It would be quite the slap in the face to tell a customer whose dealt with sub-par data speeds for year that they've been sent to the back of the data-speed line.

ATT throttles strictly based on usage, regardless of tower load, whereas this is what TMO and VZW do with their unlimited plans.

The phrase "lower priority" is not enough to determine how much slower, either as a percentage or absolute, your connection will be.

Verizon, to its credit, goes into great detail regarding throttling unlimited plans; it's so detailed, you can implement it from their description.

And don't think Sprint cares that you've been a customer for 1,2,5,10,20 years.

It's business.

Exactly my opinion.  If they keep the current plans in place -- I am okay in them for now.  But if they force migrate to these, or they stop allowing upgrades on the current ones (much like they did with the older plans several years back), OR if they start throttling "older" plans... I am gone.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE:

THIS IS NOT A PRICE INCREASE.  IT IS ANOTHER PLAN OPTION.

Please stop saying Sprint is raising prices.  They are not.  They are now offering these additional plans, which are cheaper for some customers and more expensive for other customers...IF THEY CHANGE FROM CURRENT PLANS.

There is no forced plan changes here.  Everything Data plans have not been removed.  They may go away in the future...who knows?  However, there are no forced increases announced today.  

All future posts in this thread must be posted with these points in mind.  Ridiculous posts about Sprint and Softbank stealing your money and gouging you will not be allowed.  Because there is no cost increase here, only people with more than 2 lines and CHOOSE these new plans would see an increase in service cost.

Robert

• Like 21

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE:

THIS IS NOT A PRICE INCREASE.  IT IS ANOTHER PLAN OPTION.

Please stop saying Sprint is raising prices.  They are not.  They are now offering these additional plans, which are cheaper for some customers and more expensive for other customers...IF THEY CHANGE FROM CURRENT PLANS.

There is no forced plan changes here.  Everything Data plans have not been removed.  They may go away in the future...who knows?  However, there are no forced increases announced today.  

All future posts in this thread must be posted with these points in mind.  Ridiculous posts about Sprint and Softbank stealing your money and gouging you will not be allowed.  Because there is no cost increase here, only people with more than 2 lines and CHOOSE these new plans would see an increase in service cost.

Robert

This is true.  In fact the most clear way of looking at this is this offers the unlimited talk option to family plans at an affordable price for the first time to Sprint customers.

And don't think Sprint cares that you've been a customer for 1,2,5,10,20 years. It's business.

Don't think you know Sprint policy. Long-term customers are treated better by customer care, and more concessions are given, compared to short-term, ASL -class (low credit) customers. There are even automated account notes on some old accounts to treat them as such. Is it a huge thing? Perhaps, perhaps not; it depends entirely on whom you're talking to. But it is a real thing.

Unless, of course, you're referring to the corporate entity "Sprint", at which case, of course not. Things that are not people cannot have cares and feelings.

For me personally it looks like a better deal. I go from 450 minutes to unlimited minutes. but I used 28 minutes last month so ehh why switch.

Looked at the prices again, it looks like I might save about $50 off my current bill with 4 lines, two of those basic phones (no data) and a 23% discount. 

I will definitely have to check though, once's its final. 

The only thing about the plans that I'll need clarification on is how discounts work. It appears that they only apply to the data section of the plan at all. There's an example provided that shows the total discount coming off ONLY the $30 data charge per line, and nothing off the rest of the MRC. And this is for "Unlimited, My Way". Unless this is in error, or confusing...

• Like 1

Looked at the prices again, it looks like I might save about $50 off my current bill with 4 lines, two of those basic phones (no data) and a 23% discount. 

I will definitely have to check though, once's its final. 

Please don't take this as offense but, You've posted numerous times in this very thread regarding your disgust for the new plans, and now you post this? Perhaps in the future you should "look at the prices again," before posting multiple rant-like posts.

On another note, I think that many are disregarding the value of unlimited data, "not just now- but for life."  I think that's a huge perk to this new plan.  

• Like 1

I would be thrilled to see some revision to the upgrade policy....   And if not that, I would be thrilled to see these new plans bring back some kind of customer loyalty program OR at a minimum, some incentive with waived or reduced upgrade/activation fees.  If T-Mo ditched activation fees and Sprint feels they're a competitor, why not? 

Not only is this plan unlimited, it also features 5GB of tethering!

Yea, that is Big perk!  I just wish the new family plans included (even 1GB of) tethering. If they did, I'd be switching my 3 lines as soon as possible.  

• Like 2

"not just now- but for life."  I think that's a huge perk to this new plan.  

Of course the question becomes, for the life of what exactly, and what funny business will they be able to do to get around this in 2,3,4,8 years time.  In a few years when these plans are no longer offered the future smart phones may need to be on the then current plans and not eligible for legacy plans.  We have seen that before.

The "unlimited guarantee" guarantees that an unlimited option will always be available to the customer.  It does not, however, guarantee a price point.  The out?  Sprint is free to raise the cost to maintain unlimited however they wish.    Not inferring some sense of doom is in order, but its just food for thought.  Sprint will always be willing to sell an unlimited option.  

• Like 2

The headline of this thread is that these plans are to take on T-Mobile, but if someone wants 5 lines these plans are $100/mo more expensive than T-Mobile's plans.

How do you mean 20*5+30*5=250 sprint

Tmobile 50+30+10*3+20*5=210 apples to apples

The 100MB roaming limit is stupid.  You want people to not roam?  Fill in the holes in your coverage.  That means new sites in areas that were never designed to work with 1900MHz.  A decrease from 300 to 100 isn't targeting people in no-coverage zones, it's targeting your average Joe who has to spend a percentage of his time out of coverage due to holes.

• Like 4