New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

Sprint announced them from Samsung and LG that's how he knows tri bad is coming thisbyear

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/tri-band-4g-lte-mobile-broadband-devices-to-bring-sprint-customers-stronger-in-building-coverage-and-better-network-performance.htm

What do you guys think about Sprints new My Way feature. I think that its Sprint's way of saying we might get rid of Unlimited :( I hope im wrong.

I think the rude awakening will more likely be from the degraded in-building and network performance.

How do you know triband phones are coming this fall?

And why is it a rude awakening? Is Sprint lying to them regarding the bands the phones work on?

• Like 1

Then it should be a lot higher than 283 million since Verizon covers 298 million with LTE (and probably more with voice).

Verizon’s 4G network now covers 298 million people and covers 95 percent of the U.S. population.

http://gigaom.com/2013/06/27/verizon-wraps-up-lte-rollout-plans-all-voip-phone-launch-for-late-2014/

That 298 million people cover is for Verizon along with their roaming partners. Just like Sprint has Shentel and many other partners. When you are on Shentel's network with a Sprint phone it will not show you as roaming, but you are truly on a network built by Shentel. Verizon does the same thing. Now I do not know if Sprint has roaming agreements with the same wireless providers as Verizon, I'm guessing no, so that is why there could be the difference. This means we can roam on Verizon, since Sprint has a Verizon roaming agreement, but Sprint users probably cannot roam on to some of Verizon's partners. Likewise when Verizon customers are on those partner networks, it will not show up as roaming. Did I get this right at all?

Based on the FAQ it is clear that there will still be a choice between plans:

Posted Image

Well, that answers the question for me! Thanks for posting it. I'm sure the detractors will have an explanation for that too.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If it's true, great! When it comes to wireless companies I prefer to take the expect the worst, hope for the best type mentality. And that's the last I have to say about that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If it's true, great! When it comes to wireless companies I prefer to take the expect the worst, hope for the best type mentality. And that's the last I have to say about that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I understand why you'd feel that way. I just have a hard time grasping pessimism. Believing the worst even without evidence of it is hard for me.

• Like 2

I'm talking about users coming from Cellular 850 networks though.

Again, that's not different from current Sprint LTE users.

The network is getting built so someone had to get screwed. It's not as if Sprint could afford to say "Thank you for your interest but network is over capacity. We're gonna hold off on new adds until NV is done and triband LTE is available"

Sprint should have waited until tri-band phones came out before announcing new plans. Even if they entice some from ATT/VZW, they are going to get a rude awakening when finding out their new phone doesn't work on 800 or 2500 LTE coming within the next year.

Major timing error by Sprint. Why did they have to rush out this plan now? Tri-band phones are coming this fall.

Is there really ever an error in providing more options and choices in plans for the consumer? I think this is just a little bit ridiculous.

• Like 5

That's dumb that they are going to throttle for video, especially since all the new devices are full hd and need a decent bandwidth.

No. They reserve the right to throttle down to 1Mbps on devices if they feel they need to for network performance only for the people who choose this plan. No one is affected except for those who chose to be.

• Like 1

And as a result we can no longer be considered "Truly Unlimited."

No. They reserve the right to throttle down to 1Mbps on devices if they feel they need to for network performance only for the people who choose this plan. No one is affected except for those who chose to be.

• Like 1

I'd bet, they used to advertise 230 million covered on the Sprint network and 280 with roaming.

That must have been quite some time ago. They advertised 274 million POPs for the Sprint network and 276 million POPs for the Nextel network for the longest time.

Huh, then maybe the number they currently show on the site is without roaming.

That must have been quite some time ago. They advertised 274 million POPs for the Sprint network and 276 million POPs for the Nextel network for the longest time.

I'm no expert on plans (been on sero forever) but are people really complaining that these new unlimited plans are more expensive then the limited minute plans that are currently available? the unlimited family plan currently offered is way more expensive then this option.

• Like 1

I'm no expert on plans (been on sero forever) but are people really complaining that these new unlimited plans are more expensive then the limited minute plans that are currently available? the unlimited family plan currently offered is way more expensive then this option.

Correct but all providers will now be automatically upselling you to unlimited voice just to increase revenue. Most people I know would never have a use for unlimited minutes to a land line.

• Like 2

And as a result we can no longer be considered "Truly Unlimited."

My patience is really starting to wear thin. This is a bullshit post. If they sell any plans that are not truly unlimited and offer them as additional choices to consumers, then they are no longer truly unlimited? Go push your platitudes somewhere else. I require you to stick to the facts here.

• Like 7

274 native?

That's what they claimed. Obviously I have no way if they were telling the truth or not, but yeah that's it said or at least used to say.

Dan Hesse talked specifically about throttling in the "Truly Unlimited" commercials, I'm simply pointing out it's no longer so. I didn't say there were no longer any other plan options.

My patience is really starting to wear thin. This is a bullshit post. If they sell any plans that are not truly unlimited and offer them as additional choices to consumers, then they are no longer truly unlimited? Go push your platitudes somewhere else. I require you to stick to the facts here.

That's what they claimed. Obviously I have no way if they were telling the truth or not, but yeah that's it said or at least used to say.

Yay! That means that they're gonna expand LTE to the same number, right? If they're covering 274 with voice TODAY that means its all with PCS. Sure, some may be affiliates but I've read (here) that they're also upgrading to NV, right?

If they're gonna expand LTE PCS to 274 mil, that's HUGE. Remember how ATT said they were only gonna do 250 mil and that was with 700 MHz!

Yay! That means that they're gonna expand LTE to the same number, right? If they're covering 274 with voice TODAY that means its all with PCS. Sure, some may be affiliates but I've read (here) that they're also upgrading to NV, right? If they're gonna expand LTE PCS to 274 mil, that's HUGE. Remember how ATT said they were only gonna do 250 mil and that was with 700 MHz!

Some affiliates are... lets say... more troubling then others. Shentel is on the ball with their deployment but swiftel, ntelos, etc...