New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

The discount comes off the data packages now. I accidentally cut off the end of the discount line, it just says discounts do not come off hotspot data add ons. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Doesn't that mean that the discount will now also apply to the data component?  The only thing I see that's not discountable is the "My All-in" plan. That's not too surprising.  The "Everything" plan was non discountable too. 

If I am forced to switch to the new plan, I'd switch my family to Tmo prepaid and I'd keep one Sprint phone for rural usage.  I'm not paying $100 more per month on Sprint for 4 lines on the new plan, just for unlimited voice (which I don't use).  However, there is no need to feel the sky is falling.  These are additional plans, not required plans.  It may come to that one day.  But we're not there yet.

Robert

I feel the exact same way.

And considering youre essentially Mr Sprint.....thats not good news. This looks exactly like the verizon share everything price hike, minus the data limit.

Especially with todays big tmobile news.

• Like 1

how are you supposed to read the cost per line? so like for 4 lines would it be 50+40+30+20=140? or if you got two lines they would each be 40, 3 lines they would each be 30, and 4-10 lines they would each be 20? so 4 lines would be 80?

The first way you calculated it.

First line is 50

Second line is 40

3rd line is. 30

4-10 is. 20. Each

For each line you add the type of data you want

Unlimited is 30 per line

1gb is. 20 per line.

No data. 00 per line.

how are you supposed to read the cost per line? so like for 4 lines would it be 50+40+30+20=140? or if you got two lines they would each be 40, 3 lines they would each be 30, and 4-10 lines they would each be 20? so 4 lines would be 80?

That's right.  The 1st phone on your plan would $50, the 2nd would $40, the 3rd $30, and numbers 4+ would $20 each. Then you pay for data on each phone on top of that price. 

So a two line plan looks like:

$50+$40=$90 for talk + text, no data. (if you have a smartphone this is not an option.)

$50+$40+$30+$30=$150 for talk+text+unlimited data on each line.(for smartphones)

$50+$40+$20+$20=$130 for talk+text+1gb of data on each line. (for smartphones)

Wow, this is simply not good.  For right now sprint is where its at for me but if they eventually force this on everyone then I might have to make the dreadful leap to at&t.  Verizon and tmobile is not even an option for me.

hmmmmm...... looks like this will end up being more for me in, not by much though. Currently i have the 1500 minute family plan with 4 lines and the 3000 minute family plan with 5 lines with an 18% discount on the first line of each plan, all are smartphones so before taxes and fees my total is 443.13.

with these new plans, assuming i'm calculating the discount correctly it would be

50+40+30+20*6 = 240

30*.82*9 = 221.40

for a total of $461.40 which is $18.27 more than I'm currently paying.

if i add back in the taxes and fees my current total per line is $54.38, the new amount per line would be $56.54.

So while it would suck that prices are going up its not enough to cause us to want to switch, i'd rather have unlimited data with the better coverage of sprint than switch to tmobile, and us-cellular would still be more per line.

As a quick note on T-Mobile's side, remember that they have EIP costs above and beyond their plan lineup. But they also include 500MB of data per line, no matter what.

So it's $50 + $30 + $10 + $10 for four lines...plus EIP.

Versus $70 + $60 + $50 + $50 for four lines, including 1GB of data.

Versus $70 + $60 + $30 + $30 for four lines, plus EIP, for unlimited data on T-Mobile.

Versus $80 + $70 + $60 + $60 for four lines, including unlimited data, on Sprint.

So if you want unlimited data, want a higher-end phone and are sticking with two lines, Sprint is cheaper.

Though if you add insurance to your high-end phone, Jump on T-Mobile is a little less expensive and gives you discounted upgrades twice a year starting six months from when you set it up. Though you have to trade in your phone to get that.

Also, T-Mobile is not an option for me or my family, for a main line at least. But Ting isn't raising their prices, nor is Sprint EPRP, so unless they chase either of those off I'll be sticking with the only carrier that has 4G most places I go.

if discounts are eligable for the plan, it may be more worthwhile.  Previously it was anything under $20 was not allowed to be discounted.  with this new plan, everything is discounted which makes it a bit cheaper then the everything data 1500 depending on your discount. 

$50 x(1-.23)= $38.50

$40 x(1-.23)= $30.80

data

$30 x(1-.23)= $23.10

$30 x(1-.23)= $23.10

total pre tax: $115.50

current ED1500= $109.99 x(1-.23)= $84.69+ $19.99+ $10 x 2=$124.68

So, if these numbers are right, this new plan is a good savings.

EDIT:  Sorry, it's only good if you have 2 lines, after that the price starts to increase.

if discounts are eligable for the plan, it may be more worthwhile.  Previously it was anything under $20 was not allowed to be discounted.  with this new plan, everything is discounted which makes it a bit cheaper then the everything data 1500 depending on your discount. 

$50 x(1-.23)= $38.50

$40 x(1-.23)= $30.80

data

$30 x(1-.23)= $23.10

$30 x(1-.23)= $23.10

total pre tax: $115.50

current ED1500= $109.99 x(1-.23)= $84.69+ $19.99+ $10 x 2=$124.68

So, if these numbers are right, this new plan is a good savings.

EDIT:  Sorry, it's only good if you have 2 lines, after that the price starts to increase.

For some reason, I read the notes to mean that ONLY the data add on was discountable and not the main plan.  Getting my discount on all lines and the unlimited data add on would work out well for my 4 lines.  However, I liked that I could add a line for only $30 per month on my existing plan.  I have two kids I will be adding over the next 2-3 years.  $50 per additional line would be too much.  But with the discounts applied, that's not too bad.

Robert

• Like 1

For some reason, I read the notes to mean that ONLY the data add on was discountable and not the main plan.  Getting my discount on all lines and the unlimited data add on would work out well for my 4 lines.  However, I liked that I could add a line for only $30 per month on my existing plan.  I have two kids I will be adding over the next 2-3 years.  $50 per additional line would be too much.  But with the discounts applied, that's not too bad.

Robert

Going only by the one sheet everybody has posted on, the only reference to "non discountable" was the "My All In" plan.  That's the plan that gave you everything including the 5gb of hotspot data.  Then there was the bullet that said discounts applied to data packages now.  We need some clarification to be sure, but it looked like maybe the discount now applied to data too. Though I imagine that they will keep it to the primary line only.  Like I said, lots of clarification is still needed.

• Like 1

For some reason, I read the notes to mean that ONLY the data add on was discountable and not the main plan. Getting my discount on all lines and the unlimited data add on would work out well for my 4 lines. However, I liked that I could add a line for only $30 per month on my existing plan. I have two kids I will be adding over the next 2-3 years. $50 per additional line would be too much. But with the discounts applied, that's not too bad.

Robert

I agree. It reads as if discounts will only apply to the $30 data charges. Definitely not a good deal for me as the discount currently applies to the $110 portion of my family plan.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Going only by the one sheet everybody has posted on, the only reference to "non discountable" was the "My All In" plan.  That's the plan that gave you everything including the 5gb of hotspot data.  Then there was the bullet that said discounts applied to data packages now.  We need some clarification to be sure, but it looked like maybe the discount now applied to data too. Though I imagine that they will keep it to the primary line only.  Like I said, lots of clarification is still needed.

I've changed my thinking.  I jumped to conclusions based on limited info.  I'm pretty sure they are offering discounts on the main service and data service.  Hopefully they allow the discount on every line as well.  Now I'm back to just the 100MB roaming limit as the problem.  *sigh*

Robert

• Like 5

Yeah after looking over these plan sI think they should have held off until NV was largely completed. If I did not know NV was occurring, I would have had a tough time staying with Sprint. Now that my local towers have been upgraded it is awesome, but my parents were furious when their tower was down for over two weeks because as Sprint put it 'the contractor had to wait for backordered supplies'. NV is worth the wait and the current price, however the vast majority of Sprint territories are in the painful buildout phase. These prices put a family plan right up there with AT&T and Verizon, but the network quality is not right up there with the big two yet. If they waited, then these plans would probably lure more people in. When commuting via train the constant handoffs from LTE to 3G and back again make even web browsing difficult.

Does it mean that video streaming speeds can be limited to 1 mbps or will be... i don't get what the point of all this lte speed is... when what you need to do with it most is being throttled... remember that sprint commercial NO THROTTLES!

• Like 2

LOL.

A few months ago, I said that people who pledge their allegiance to Sprint - a multibillion dollar corporation company -  vs another such corporation is foolish! They look after their own interests and don't reciprocate your devotion.

And now, look what happened: Sprint is raising its prices on a network that doesn't even work in many places.

AIO, get some family plans and here I come!

• Like 2

On the other hand, Sprint could continue to screw with everyone and keep their current discounting rate where it applies only to the primary line. Following the current discounting policy (for a 23% discount) wouldn't it look like

2 lines $131.60

3 lines $191.60

4 lines $241.60

Line 1 $50 x(1-.23)= $38.50

Line 2 $40 x1          = 40

Line 3 $30 x1           =30

Line 4 $20 x1           =20

Data

Line 1 $30 x(1-.23)= $23.10

Line 2 $30 x1          = $30

Line 3 $30 x1          = $30

Line 4 $30 x1          = $30

Isn't this in conjunction with the fact that New Sprint will have a lot more coverage?

No, it won't have A LOT more coverage. They're not expanding into new markets. Their antenna-mounted radio heads will give a better signal in Sprint's current service areas.

It's in conjunction with the fact that they want to make more money.

and an LTE network as large as Verizon's LTE network so I don't know what's going to happen next!

Please provide your source for "an LTE network as large as Verizon.

AJ has convincingly argued no such thing will EVER happen.

Softbank is not here to be a savior; they're here to make more money off of you.