New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

How do you mean 20*5+30*5=250 sprint

Tmobile 50+30+10*3+20*5=210 apples to apples

Sprint's pricing doesn't work like that.

Line 1 is $50, +$30 for Unlimited Data.

Line 2 is $40, +$30 for Unlimited Data.

Line 3 is $30, +$30 for Unlimited Data.

Line 4 and 5 are $20 each ($40), +$30 each (+$60) for Unlimited Data.

That's a total of $310. So $100 more than T-Mobile's plan.

On the plus side, you can go all the way up to 10 lines for that $50 each...

• Like 1

Not only is this plan unlimited, it also features 5GB of tethering!

You mean the "all-in" plan? The rest have tethering as an add-on option.

The "unlimited guarantee" guarantees that an unlimited option will always be available to the customer.  It does not, however, guarantee a price point.  The out?  Sprint is free to raise the cost to maintain unlimited however they wish.    Not inferring some sense of doom is in order, but its just food for thought.  Sprint will always be willing to sell an unlimited option.

If they did increase the prices they would probably do similar to when they changed the premium data charge from 4G devices to all smart phones. It would be forced when upgrading or doing any swaps unless it is an insurance replacement.

So with EIP, they come out equal?

How do you mean 20*5+30*5=250 sprint

Tmobile 50+30+10*3+20*5=210 apples to apples

Also keep in mind with T-Mobile there is the monthly financing or full pop versus Sprint continuing to subsidize their devices. With T-Mobile's new upgrade six months consumers would be be paying 10 on top of the monthly installments. It comes to individual needs/wants.

Please don't take this as offense but, You've posted numerous times in this very thread regarding your disgust for the new plans, and now you post this? Perhaps in the future you should "look at the prices again," before posting multiple rant-like posts. 

You bring a good point, but I wasn't the only one ranting though.

• Like 1

So with EIP, they come out equal?

For Unlimited Data and Device Financing on T-Mobile, yes, you need to add a maximum of $20/month/device. 

The 100MB roaming limit is stupid.  You want people to not roam?  Fill in the holes in your coverage.  That means new sites in areas that were never designed to work with 1900MHz.  A decrease from 300 to 100 isn't targeting people in no-coverage zones, it's targeting your average Joe who has to spend a percentage of his time out of coverage due to holes.

Too many people use a custom PRL that makes roaming on another network prefered over Sprint native to get faster data, but I agree the prefered fix would be to have an awesome network where you don't have to or want to roam. That takes time and money. I do believe they are trying to get there but no one seems to want to wait.

The only thing about the plans that I'll need clarification on is how discounts work. It appears that they only apply to the data section of the plan at all. There's an example provided that shows the total discount coming off ONLY the $30 data charge per line, and nothing off the rest of the MRC. And this is for "Unlimited, My Way". Unless this is in error, or confusing...

This. Though I almost never use my phone for voice anyway, so I'd probably keep my current plan.

Looking through the plans and comparing them with the main offering of T-Mobile, I decided to do a little comparison.

The comparison looks at limited and unlimited data offerings by both carriers. For the sake of making the comparison a bit more fair in terms of total amount data offered by both carriers, I opted to price Sprint's 1GB family plan add-on option against T-Mobile's 2.5GB option instead of the 500MB option, as a 1GB option isn't offered in T-Mobile's lastest family offering. Also, the "Unlimited Guarantee"(which I personally believe is full of crap) & throttle is(for the part) disregarded.

2 lines with smartphones on limited data plans

For a total of $140 MRC(incl. a EIP of $20 a month per phone), T-Mobile offers Unlimited talk, text, and 2.5GB per line with post-limit throttle and tethering included.

$180 for the same plan w/ 3 lines.

$220 for 4 lines.

$260 for 5 lines.

As for Sprint, $130 MRC will net you Unlimited talk, text, and 1GB per line w/o throttle & no tethering capabilities included.

$180 for 3 lines.

$220 for 4 lines.

$260 for 5 lines.

2 lines with smartphones on unlimited data plans.

$160 MRC(with EIP) will give you Unlimited talk, text, and web on T-Mobile, along with 500MB tethering data per line.

$210 for 3 lines.

$260 for 4 lines.

$210 for 5 lines.

$150 MRC will also net you Unlimited talk/text/web on Sprint, but w/o any included tethering, plus the 1Mbps streaming data throttle to keep in mind...
$210 for 3 lines.

$260 for 4 lines.

$310 for 5 lines.

In the case of limited data comparison, Sprint beats T-Mobile on pricing on the first 2 lines by $10, those in the case of accounts with 3, 4, or 5 lines, the cost is the same. Even with that said, T-Mobile still provided more value in that comparison, as it offered more data and tethering.

(edited due to price errors at 11:57PM EST)
In the case of the unlimited data comparison, Sprint again beats T-Mobile on pricing on the first 2 lines by $10 and pricing again matches up with T-Mobile on 3/4/5 line accounts, though T-Mobile does offer 500MB of tethering within the plan's cost, in which Sprint does not.

Now of course, there are cases where one can not chose T-Mobile either do to lack of coverage or the lack of any more than a EDGE connection, but that aside, it seems that T-Mobile's offering does have more value compared to Sprint in terms in the total allotment of data. Sprint, however, does offer a small savings in 2-line families if you're interested in some data coverage, even though Sprint's network quality highly varies by location do to the nature of the Network Vision project, which wouldn't be completed for some time.

What I do wonder is what exactly is the basis for this new plan. Is it to complete with T-Mobile not in pricing, but it terms of larger data coverage? A way to attain more money from new customers(as it was stated that this will be the main offering that will be "sold" to new customers starting this Friday)? Or is this just business as usual in the mix of the whole SoftSprintWire conglomerate?

At the end of the day, it is up to you, the customer, the consumer to chose what exactly is exactly best suits your needs(need it be data allotments, tethering, coverage, or brand loyalty). And don't forget, it's all about...

Y3WdG8O.png

-Xavier

• Like 3

So why is it fair to include T-Mobile EIP plan for a Smartphone and not include the cost of a Smart Phone with Sprint's plan? Wouldn't it be best to look at both plans without a mobile device attached. The plan will be the same cost on Sprint with or without brand new device. 

A fair comparison with a device attached would be a pricing it all out for a customer who has bought the same exact device from either carrier at today's offered selling price. 

• Like 1

2 lines with smartphones on unlimited data plans.

$160 MRC(with EIP) will give you Unlimited talk, text, and web on T-Mobile, along with 500MB tethering data per line.

$190 for 3 lines.

$220 for 4 lines.

$250 for 5 lines.

$150 MRC will also net you Unlimited talk/text/web on Sprint, but w/o any included tethering, plus the 1Mbps streaming data throttle to keep in mind...

$210 for 3 lines.

$260 for 4 lines.

$310 for 5 lines.

-Xavier

These numbers are off

Tmobile's 3 smartphones plan with unlimited is 150 add 60 dollar EIP and you get 210, which is the same as Sprint's plan. 
Tmobile's 4 smartphones plan with unlimited is 160 add 80 dollar EIP and you get 260, which is the same as Sprint's plan.

Tmobile's 5 smartphone plan with unlimited  is 210 add 100 dollar EIP and you get 310, which is the same as Sprint's plan. 

Sprint raised their prices to MATCH Tmobile's plans. 
  • Like 1

These numbers are off

Tmobile's 3 smartphones plan with unlimited is 150 add 60 dollar EIP and you get 210, which is the same as Sprint's plan. 
Tmobile's 4 smartphones plan with unlimited is 160 add 80 dollar EIP and you get 260, which is the same as Sprint's plan.

Tmobile's 5 smartphone plan with unlimited  is 210 add 100 dollar EIP and you get 310, which is the same as Sprint's plan. 

Sprint raised their prices to MATCH Tmobile's plans. 

Going over the numbers twice, still screwed up  :( 

I'll correct my post...and done   :tu:

So why is it fair to include T-Mobile EIP plan for a Smartphone and not include the cost of a Smart Phone with Sprint's plan? Wouldn't it be best to look at both plans without a mobile device attached. The plan will be the same cost on Sprint with or without brand new device. 

A fair comparison with a device attached would be a pricing it all out for a customer who has bought the same exact device from either carrier at today's offered selling price. 

The reason why I opted to include EIP is because in most cases, your standard Joe Blow consumer isn't going to buy smartphones for themselves and their family at full cost up-front. I decided to work with what is the minimum asked for by T-Mobile upfront when a high-end device is bought(using the GS4 as my base). Plus, the subsidy for a device is already in the pricing of Sprint's plans, thus wouldn't make much sense to compare one plan with sub. to another w/o, thus the rational I used in including the EIP in the cost of the T-Mobile comparison.

• Like 2

Ah I think I did miss read it but if you take into account the financing of phones tmobile comes out to the same.

The 100MB roaming limit is stupid. You want people to not roam? Fill in the holes in your coverage. That means new sites in areas that were never designed to work with 1900MHz. A decrease from 300 to 100 isn't targeting people in no-coverage zones, it's targeting your average Joe who has to spend a percentage of his time out of coverage due to holes.

I guess you need another carrier. Your 300MB roaming is bringing Sprint to its knee$. Know other options?

I guess you need another carrier. Your 300MB roaming is bringing Sprint to its knee$. Know other options?

My option is to have them cover the city properly. I can understand roaming in rural areas but roaming inside the city limits of the capital city of state? Hmmm.. .. Not my problem, they decided to not locate on a site there.

• Like 3

My option is to have them cover the city properly. I can understand roaming in rural areas but roaming inside the city limits of the capital city of state? Hmmm.. .. Not my problem, they decided to not locate on a site there.

Depends on which states some state capitals are small towns compared to the major cities in the state. ( Washington state comes to mind, Olympia has 50000 people in it.)

Depends on which states some state capitals are small towns compared to the major cities in the state. ( Washington state comes to mind, Olympia has 50000 people in it.)

Last Census had the metro area at 800,000+. Quite a bit of revenue sitting there. Tsk Tsk..

• Like 1

looks like they are going to make more money on this then the plans they have now.  It will definately get people from the other carriers that see the "options" and don't do the math. 

new plan-3 phones= $50+$40+$30=$120+(3x$30)=$210

old plan-3 phones= $110+(3x$10)+(2x$20)=$190

I'll stick with my plan plus discount.

The old plan depends on which old plan you are referencing additional lines go from 9.99 on the anytime minutes option all the way to 99.99 on the simply everything plan.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan/plan_wall.jsp?tabId=pt_shared_tab&flow=AAL&planFamilyType=

Just ran the numbers and for me its a wash. Without my discount I pay $149 for two lines. Under the new plan I would pay $150(50+40+30+30). Now, if I add on a third line I get screwed by $30. The old plan would be $180 and the new plan would be $210.

I heard AIO has good coverage ;)

Which city are you in? I wanna check the planned NV sites.

• Like 1

The "unlimited guarantee" guarantees that an unlimited option will always be available to the customer. It does not, however, guarantee a price point. The out? Sprint is free to raise the cost to maintain unlimited however they wish. Not inferring some sense of doom is in order, but its just food for thought. Sprint will always be willing to sell an unlimited option.

Here's another out: Sprint eliminates the guarantee itself on current customers cause it's not legally binding lol!

Also, I'm guessing Dan "the savior" Hesse put in an arbitration clause LIKE THE "EVIL DUOPOLY" that precludes class action lawsuits, further cementing the DIS-incentive to actually keep that promise.