New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

You know, it could be the case that Sprint leaked this and is reading this forum to gauge reaction.

I hope that it's NOT the case cause I want them to drastically increase prices when their LTE is not even done so millions leave for TMO et al.

But it could be a test.

Er....why do you want them to drastically increase prices and drive customers away?  :blink:

You know, it could be the case that Sprint leaked this and is reading this forum to gauge reaction.

I hope that it's NOT the case cause I want them to drastically increase prices when their LTE is not even done so millions leave for TMO et al.

But it could be a test.

Why would driving customers away be a goal?  That doesn't make any sense at all.  If anything, New Sprint should not be doing anything drastic yet with plans and just focus on Network Vision and Clearwire LTE integration.  New Sprint should not introduce any sort of new plans until 2014 at the earliest.  Trying to attract customers and improve network user experience should be the top priorities of New Sprint.  NOT creating new phone plans.

New Sprint is now giving a bad perception of a hostile takeover who comes in after a merger and tries to clean house and raise prices to get the business in order.  What New Sprint is doing is essentially a variation of the Share Everything plans on ATT and Verizon.

• Like 1

I wonder if they will try to get Sero Premium customers to their new plans.

I hope not.  I am still waiting for the Galaxy Note 3 before reupping my SERO Premium plan.

I hope not.  I am still waiting for the Galaxy Note 3 before reupping my SERO Premium plan.

I'm waiting for the Galaxy Note 3 too, but now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and upgrade now to a GS4 to be safe, then sell it when the GN3 comes out.

Ok guys you all need some good or happy news......

Galaxy s 3 and 4 BOGO sales start 7/19, along with tri lte hot spots and HTC 8xt launch.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Ive been out of contract since February on my SERO premium plan.  The plan and price is excellent (even beats prepaid to be honest) so I give them a lot of leeway for poor service in various areas but if these plans go away so will I.

• Like 4

I was gonna wait for the rumored T6 but then the rumors stopped so I got the One.

You don't think that HTC will come out with a HTC phablet to compete with the HTC One?  I think they will because they need to come up with 2 flagship phones like Samsung does to compete.  Heck LG threw in the towel last year and produced the LG Optimus G Pro to compete.  Unfortunately its only available on ATT so it hasn't gotten as much feedback as it should.  I think a HTC phablet would be a smart move given that there is a decent amount of the market who seeks large screens like the Note.

• Like 1

Going only by the one sheet everybody has posted on, the only reference to "non discountable" was the "My All In" plan.  That's the plan that gave you everything including the 5gb of hotspot data.  Then there was the bullet that said discounts applied to data packages now.  We need some clarification to be sure, but it looked like maybe the discount now applied to data too. Though I imagine that they will keep it to the primary line only.  Like I said, lots of clarification is still needed.

What verizon did was secretly screw people over with discounts when they went to share, because only the base was discounted, the rest wasnt. Naturally, all the online calculator tools and reps conveniently ignored this fact

Id wager sprint is following verizons lead in the secretly screw people over category.

I got 6 people to switch to sprint, including myself. If these plans are forced, and prices go up, I have no problem jumping ship and taking friends and family with me.

• Like 1

Not to be sounding like a curmudgeon here... 

BUT the real truth here is people won't notice nor care!  If they did no one would be on VZW or AT&T! 

now sure folks here (or TMO News, or Howards or etc) will be put off by this - bottom line Sprint will do just fine either-way,  SoftBank didn't just spend billions of dollars to give it up!  

the silver lining here is the unlimited data stays, sprint finally on paper acknowledged datahogs and has an easy way to cut them off - I assume once Sprint lights up LTE in "their" area they will dump whomever they use for LTE unlimited data.   And I assume Son and Dan will want to announce a huge expansion of LTE soon and this new plan is going to help that happen and to pay for the Clearwire switch over!  

Do I like the pricing no.... will I like the service as is no..... if I switch back to sprint its on the premise (not promise) it will be fixed!  

I hope this post is taken in a positive light or at least flat....

• Like 4

I'm waiting for the Galaxy Note 3 too, but now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and upgrade now to a GS4 to be safe, then sell it when the GN3 comes out.

Its up to you.  Either roll the dice and wait for the Note 3 in October OR settle and be safe now with the GS4.  For me I am rolling the dice for the Note 3.

• Like 1

They have recently removed native areas in Western states. So it looks like the coverage area is shrinking, at least in WA.

Where and when was any coverage removed in Washington State?

I got 6 people to switch to sprint, including myself. If these plans are forced, and prices go up, I have no problem jumping ship and taking friends and family with me.

the plans do not appear to be forced at all.  although it remains to be seen if these plans will replace the current ones on the website or if they will be listed along side.  the fine print also shows other plans may receive bandwidth priority over these new plans which seems to mean that other plans will be available to sign up for besides these.

Its up to you.  Either roll the dice and wait for the Note 3 in October OR settle and be safe now with the GS4.  For me I am rolling the dice for the Note 3.

I feel like rolling the dice. It seems like SERO and the employee referral plans are safe for now... but at the same time it just feels like any day now Sprint will say, to get a subsidy you'll have to bump up to the current eprp plan (which at $70/month isn't too bad)

I feel like rolling the dice. It seems like SERO and the employee referral plans are safe for now... but at the same time it just feels like any day now Sprint will say, to get a subsidy you'll have to bump up to the current eprp plan (which at $70/month isn't too bad)

So just buy your new phone outright, usually a bit cheaper from ebay or amazon or something.

• Like 1

So just buy your new phone outright, usually a bit cheaper from ebay or amazon or something.

Exactly, at that point I would just start buying my phones outright. I just hope they don't do something like, "All Tri-band LTE devices are only compatible with the new My Way plans."

These plans also make no mention of data-only devices as being standalone devices.  They just mention hotspots in addition to phones.  

I have a 12GB hotspot plan for home internet use - how would that be dealt with?  Which leads me to believe these are not the only plans that will be offered.

The current plans aren't going away, and there have been no announcements of any kind to that matter.

If you ask me, these plans are there so that they have a VZW-aike plan, so that people coming from other carriers can easily compare side-by-side. 

Lastly, while I'm not a mod, I definitely find it disturbing the amount of near-rant angry behavior in this thread. Sure, I understand anger over price increases (even though these aren't official yet, aren't mandatory, etc.), but some posts have had a serious "world is ending, bail Sprint now!!!!11" tone to them...

• Like 16

You don't think that HTC will come out with a HTC phablet to compete with the HTC One?  I think they will because they need to come up with 2 flagship phones like Samsung does to compete.  Heck LG threw in the towel last year and produced the LG Optimus G Pro to compete.  Unfortunately its only available on ATT so it hasn't gotten as much feedback as it should.  I think a HTC phablet would be a smart move given that there is a decent amount of the market who seeks large screens like the Note.

I think they will at some point. I hope it will have the stylus like the EVO View. If they come out with it I will sell my HTC one for it, maybe use my dads upgrade haha.

I think they will at some point. I hope it will have the stylus like the EVO View. If they come out with it I will sell my HTC one for it, maybe use my dads upgrade haha.

Rumors are that it will come with a stylus with stylus integration.  Curious to see what HTC has come up with. I really want to see some major competition to the Galaxy Note series.

http://techs-geeks.blogspot.com/2013/07/htc-t6-phablet-aims-at-samsung-galaxy.html

Am I the only one that thinks this news leaking today is a horrible coincidence for Sprint in light of T-Mobile's press conference today. I feel that public perception could be more negative towards Sprint for an uninformed potential costumer that sees the Sprint news and the T-Mobile news. It's a shame.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2