Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

sorry but 1x is technically 3g.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Please don't start this again. No one in their right mind would actually consider 1x to be 3G, despite what it technically may be. It has a max theoretical speed of 144 kbit, slightly faster than dialup. EDGE is considered 2G and is the same speed or faster.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Please don't start this again. No one in their right mind would actually consider 1x to be 3G, despite what it technically may be. It has a max theoretical speed of 144 kbit, slightly faster than dialup. EDGE is considered 2G and is the same speed or faster.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Most of us on S4GRU actually would and do. 1x is a 3G technology, which is set by the technological standards and not a speed cap.

What did I start!? Just meant that it was a blob of the only coverage in a wide area. Ha ha. I like where this has gone though.

We are miles ahead of you.  Many of us have long since known of the "blob" in South Dakota -- it is James Valley Telecom.  Old news.  That is why we have to amuse ourselves in other ways.

AJ

Most of us on S4GRU actually would and do. 1x is a 3G technology, which is set by the technological standards and not a speed cap.

:wall:  I get that it is technically 3G according to the standards body, but OP was just being pedantic.

EV-DO is "3G speed" and everyone here knows what is meant when someone says 3G vs 1x, especially in the context of roaming. Like it or not, 2G, 3G, and 4G have come to be associated with a certain level of speed and capacity, using each as a practical rather than technical definition. In the minds of most reasonable people, when they hear 2G they think 1x, EDGE, or GPRS; 3G they think EVDO, UMTS, or HSPA; 4G they think LTE. Especially in the context of roaming, the practical definition is implied, everyone knows what is meant by it.

It annoys me to no end in fact that after the initial software release for the Nexus 6 they changed 1x to show as 3G next to the signal bars instead of actually showing 1x, because for all *practical* purposes 1x is not 3G (or what most would consider 3G speed).

Anyway.... anyone have any luck figuring out how to manually write a PRL to the Nexus 6 yet? 

• Like 2

:wall: I get that it is technically 3G according to the standards body, but OP was just being pedantic.

EV-DO is "3G speed" and everyone here knows what is meant when someone says 3G vs 1x, especially in the context of roaming. Like it or not, 2G, 3G, and 4G have come to be associated with a certain level of speed and capacity, using each as a practical rather than technical definition. In the minds of most reasonable people, when they hear 2G they think 1x, EDGE, or GPRS; 3G they think EVDO, UMTS, or HSPA; 4G they think LTE. Especially in the context of roaming, the practical definition is implied, everyone knows what is meant by it.

It annoys me to no end in fact that after the initial software release for the Nexus 6 they changed 1x to show as 3G next to the signal bars instead of actually showing 1x, because for all *practical* purposes 1x is not 3G (or what most would consider 3G speed).

Anyway.... anyone have any luck figuring out how to manually write a PRL to the Nexus 6 yet?

I'll be playing with a Nexus 6 this week (imex99 may not know it yet!) and will do my best to try to figure out how to flash a PRL to it.

The biggest hurdle is to put it into the right mode, which is usually done by ##3424# or *#*#3424#*#*

So has anyone figured out what this shade is (Where the "?" is)???

6NKIsf6.png

So they're both off network roaming.... No difference?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Your colors don't look right. The first shade is mostly USCC and is EVDO roaming. The second shade is most likely 1x roaming, which is why it is under the "nationwide" heading. 

2015-09-14_1-32-28.png

• Like 1

The map is kind of confusing at the moment. Check out the roaming+ thread

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7203-Sprint-Roaming+---Coverage-Map-Update

I tell ya, eye doctors should use that 3G coverage map as part of their exam. What a mess.

The shades are so close that even I'm having trouble figuring out what color is which...  :td:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Do we have anyone in West Virginia?

Wait but aren't prls just for CDMA?

If I remember, prl has geographical zones that impact LTE scanning and what to look for.

Sent from Moto X Pure via Tapatalk

I'm in Pittsburgh right now for vacation, and will be driving through all of West Virginia on Sunday to go home to Charlotte.

In Pittsburgh for vacation?  No, that is not a vacation.  Even Pittsburgh Dad would laugh at you.

AJ

• Like 4