Given the fact that Virgin has access to Extended Coverage ever since it's Inner Circle plan still now with it's current one at least according to customer service. Shouldn't Virgin be using PRL 55070 like it was with Inner Circle or is 7080 correct? I feel like there's an issue that isn't being paid attention too. Does PRL 7080 have the necessary stuff to make the device roam on Sprints extended partners.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By EntrepreneurKid
      When Virgin Mobile introduced their Inner Circle plan they added Extended coverage giving them the same coverage as Sprint Postpaid. And a few months ago when Virgin did away with its Inner Circle plan and its iPhone only to the current plan lineup and devices I figured they'd backtrack on the roaming and go back to Sprint only. While they may not have updated their coverage map it would seem they are not allowing roaming as my LG Tribute Dynasty which is compatible with US Cellular roaming is being restricted and blocked post activation. Before hands free activation began I was able to go into the devices network and roaming settings and switch on voice roaming, which worked, it immediately connected to US Cellular, then the hands free activation started which couldn't complete due to no data until I switched on wifi, but after the device rebooted, the voice roaming was turned off and greyed out so it couldn't be switched back on.
      I know this device is capable of roaming, it has band 12 and band 5 for LTE and the CDMA band necessary to roam onto US Cellulars CDMA network, which again it was able to due prior to activation. If Virgin Mobile is going to continue having roaming as an option then it should work otherwise they need to remove it from their coverage map. I've attempted to take the issue up with Virgin but they tell me that they'll help me with any other issue, except roaming. I believe it has something to do with the PRL since it is what determines the devices roaming. I found a old Virgin device from before Inner Circle started, in it was PRL 7080 the same one as it has now, back then Virgin was the home network on Sprint only, no data or voice roaming.
      I don't know where the issue is with this and I'm hoping after filing a complaint with the FCC which has been served that it is either corrected and fixed and roaming starts working, or Virgin removes it from their coverage map if they're not going to allow it. I've asked customer service if the coverage map and the roaming on it applies to current customers or if it was just Inner Circle and they say it does apply to the current plans. If so, and if I have a device that is compatible (LG Tribute Dynasty), why is it being restricted.

• By danlodish345
      Hey guys I was browsing one of my news applications and I found interesting article about Verizon Wireless in Maine I'm sharing the link.
      http://wcyy.com/verizon-is-dumping-an-entire-chunk-of-maine-from-their-wireless-network/
      Tell me what you think.
    • By halcyoncmdr
      After reading some threads here in regards to PRL versions and the differences between each version on different devices, I took the time to find the listing of all current Sprint PRLs.

This includes the official changes made with each new PRL revision as well.

>

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eNgQKxdPHgua60suUeQ4E7KvtUAFPDVkpqTL2sBorNg/pubhtml

While the information this comes from is on an internal Sprint page, the information itself is not proprietary as it can all be obtained through an analysis of the PRLs loaded on every Sprint device in the wild, something members of this community have already been doing.

My hope is that by making this information easier to find, it will lead to more discussion and overall a better community.

• By clbowens
      Does Sprint have an LTE roaming deals with any carrier anywhere currently?  If so, does it show up on their coverage map?
    • By RedSpark
      Any S4GRU members going to the Super Bowl or planning to be near the stadium? Could you let us know how Sprint's coverage is?

----------

About the DAS: http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150129/network-infrastructure/digging-das-superbowl-tag4

• That would involve another lengthy merger proposal with the FCC and DOJ.   Another 2 years wasted.   A possible new administration...  IDK.... don't like that idea.    Who's going to teach them  how to run a network?   (LOL)... please don't say ....    
    • A solution to what exactly?  anti-competitive?  Well when it is to buy or not to buy, the only answer is not to buy. I guess the judge is considering Dish's prospective. Will they get the job done.  I think, with deadlines so near, and them owning spectrum for so long, we have to look at intent.  So far, with the lack of building anything, that shows pretty solid intent right there.  As soon as the carriers get spectrum, they toss that stuff up on towers asap. Look how much has been deployed for B66, B71, B14. Look how much 5G is already deployed.  Dish, in the last year before deadlines annouced 1, maybe 1.5billion for an IoT network.    I was actually kinda thinking about this. Dish needs to be willing to buy Sprint's entire network. Sprint essentially stays as is, minus spectrum licenses and postpaid customers. 
    • I was just in Boulder yesterday. It works and also more than that works. You have 4xca interband active there too. 25/b41+b41+b41 is active. Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk
    • By the way, although I have VoLTE turned on, It doesn't actually work yet. I'm in Boulder county Colorado which I think has VoLTE activated. 
    • So far it seems pretty stable, only issue I've noticed so far is that Google Pay thinks it's "uncertified software" and wont work. Maybe a little less battery life, but its too soon to tell. It's got the December Security patch and a Dec 6 date on the kernal, so it's fresh out of the oven.