Given the fact that Virgin has access to Extended Coverage ever since it's Inner Circle plan still now with it's current one at least according to customer service. Shouldn't Virgin be using PRL 55070 like it was with Inner Circle or is 7080 correct? I feel like there's an issue that isn't being paid attention too. Does PRL 7080 have the necessary stuff to make the device roam on Sprints extended partners.
While the information this comes from is on an internal Sprint page, the information itself is not proprietary as it can all be obtained through an analysis of the PRLs loaded on every Sprint device in the wild, something members of this community have already been doing.
My hope is that by making this information easier to find, it will lead to more discussion and overall a better community.
iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2. Carrier "Sprint 16" and PRL 51101.
In the past I have been able to use the method of replacing carrier.prl in the sprint_lte_us carrier bundle folder, use the PRL push flag in carrier.plist, and with a few reboots I could get full time verizon 3g roaming with "prl 00001."
I am now visiting Alaska and am stuck on PRL 51101 with "extended" coverage and 1x data. I have tried every PRL I can find (11114, 11119, 53135, 00001) and I seem not to make any difference. After making the prl changes and after the last reboot I am stuck at no service. When checking phone info it will still say 51101.
I have to restore a backup of the sprint_lte_us carrier bundle folder and then things will work again after a reboot.
Any ideas? WIll the PRL update only work if there is native Sprint service around to start with?
When things are working with 51101 @ 1x speeds on "extended" I can do the ##update# and it say success.
Any help appreciated, would just like 3g data while traveling.
One of my two contracts are about to end November 6 and the other in May. I have three options and am having a really hard time deciding on the best decision so I decided to ask my S4GRU brethren for advice. Option 1 is to just keep my EVO 4G LTE until next year when all of the new April-June phones arrive but I don't like this option because the terrible LTE reception and the fact that Sprints LTE roll out is going a little slow for my tastes. Option 2 would be "if" the Nexus 5 has Tri-band LTE I could sell my Evo for 150 if I'm lucky and pony up the rest of the money while not having to renew my contracts so if I get tired of waiting for Sprints network to come to life I can jump ship to T-mobiles pre paid $70 plan and test there network to see if its better than Sprint's network all while not taking a financial hit or I can keep the Nexus 5 as my tri band Sprint device until next years phones come out and keep both phones. Option 3 is if I get the G2 on best buy pre order for $100 with the $50 gift card which I will use to buy the quick case. I will also get the benefit of getting to keep my Evo LTE so another 2 phone benefit option is nice. Any suggestions