Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Hello, new here posting. Been checking out news and some posts in the past few months. Any word on St. Louis? Pretty big metro area overall...wondering when it could happen...South i55 15-30 minutes from St. Louis is where people really want/need LTE!

Robert,

Is this correct?

First round -ongoing till June/July

Second round - July to end of year

Third round - Begining of new yeart till .....

Just from some of the things you have said I am thinking now that OK is going to be third round.

Robert,

Is this correct?

First round -ongoing till June/July

Second round - July to end of year

Third round - Begining of new yeart till .....

Just from some of the things you have said I am thinking now that OK is going to be third round.

That's pretty much it, yes.

Robert

Hello, new here posting. Been checking out news and some posts in the past few months. Any word on St. Louis? Pretty big metro area overall...wondering when it could happen...South i55 15-30 minutes from St. Louis is where people really want/need LTE!

I'm not prepared to discuss the Missouri market at this time.

Robert

Kinda disappointed my market wasn't listed in round 2, but not that much since thankfully Sprint is still pretty solid here. I know the Phoenix folks have to be livid though... :o

Arizonans should probably come to the S4GRU special announcement chat on Thursday night. ;)

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I haven't seen any info on the Denver Area. Do you have any or know where Denver sits in the roll out? Denver is my second home. Born, Raised, and still fly in a lot still. Would love to know.

I haven't seen any info on the Denver Area. Do you have any or know where Denver sits in the roll out?

Yes. I have info about where all 97 markets are in the deployment schedule. But I am not publicly announcing 3rd and 4th round markets at this time.

Robert

Yes. I have info about where all 97 markets are in the deployment schedule. But I am not publicly announcing 3rd and 4th round markets at this time.

Robert

That's crazy how they are a 3rd or 4th. or 3rd? So your saying you have all this wonderful info holding up inside you and driving you nuts because you could be the first to let it out? We could help each other out here... just a hint, 1Q 2Q? Would you say the Galaxy S 4 would be announced or out around that time? :lol:

• Like 1

Robert

You mentioned updates to the OC CA scheduling about a week ago in my intro post in the Welcome forum...did I miss them or still on deck?

You mentioned updates to the OC CA scheduling about a week ago in my intro post in the Welcome forum...did I miss them or still on deck?

I am so far behind!!! I need to delegate. However, I cannot give confidential source materials to even our writers. Must protect at all costs.

Robert

• Like 2

I am so far behind!!! I need to delegate. However, I cannot give confidential source materials to even our writers. Must protect at all costs.

Robert

I am glad that there is still a ton of info to decipher through. At least it will keep The Wall fresh with new articles now that the announcements of the 2nd round are ending.

• Like 2

Robert

Then stick to the confidential info and let the writers handle the non-confidential. Plus I wish I was good at writing so I could help out.

If Clear is going to have some 5k LTE sites up by June of 2013 and 3k sites shortly after the initial 5k....when should we hear about this starting to take place roughly?

5k sites would cover roughly anywhere from 6-8 Major Markets correct, or no? Just basing that off the numbers here where some markets are gigantic like NYC at 1100 sites and others are around 500...would think that they would of started work on these if not already then very very soon, no?

Robert do you have any contacts with Clearwire or access to their data through Sprint at all?

hey robert i was at bbr, and found this map of what sprint expects to be their nv foot print in 2014. i really hope this is not the case, cause the network footprint looks exactly as it does now. i thought when network vision is done, their network would be similiar to verizons. anyways i thought i woulde post the link, its a picture of a map that someone posted on twitter...i will also post the link to the article.

map: https://twitter.com/#!/saschasegan/status/185349946453667840/photo/1

article:http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Six-Sprint-LTE-Markets-Running-by-MidYear-119034

thanks robert, and have a good morning!!!! :)

hey robert i was at bbr, and found this map of what sprint expects to be their nv foot print in 2014. i really hope this is not the case, cause the network footprint looks exactly as it does now. i thought when network vision is done, their network would be similiar to verizons. anyways i thought i woulde post the link, its a picture of a map that someone posted on twitter...i will also post the link to the article.

map: https://twitter.com/...3667840/photo/1

article:http://www.dslreport...-MidYear-119034

Hence the thread here in this section "Picture of Sprint's LTE footprint once NV rolled out"....

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/607-picture-of-sprints-lte-footprint-once-nv-rolled-out/

NV was supposed to be just a complete overlay of the existing native Sprint Network. At least that's what I understood it to be.

NV was supposed to be just a complete overlay of the existing native Sprint Network. At least that's what I understood it to be.

I guess it gets technical in those areas they show as "their" service but its not really like the one in west Kansas...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

When are the 3rd and 4th round markets going to be released?

I don't know yet. Most likely in the Fall, should NV stay on schedule.

If Clear is going to have some 5k LTE sites up by June of 2013 and 3k sites shortly after the initial 5k....when should we hear about this starting to take place roughly?

5k sites would cover roughly anywhere from 6-8 Major Markets correct, or no? Just basing that off the numbers here where some markets are gigantic like NYC at 1100 sites and others are around 500...would think that they would of started work on these if not already then very very soon, no?

Robert do you have any contacts with Clearwire or access to their data through Sprint at all?

I do have some contacts at Clearwire. But they are much more inconsistent. They also don't seem to have much info on LTE yet. Clearwire has approx. 1,000 sites in its largest markets. 5,000 sites is approx 1/3 of their entire network. So, if they deploy completely in markets, it would be a minimum of 6 markets, but could be many more.

However, I have a feeling they will not be deploying 100% on every Clearwire site in these markets in the first round of TD-LTE. So I'm thinking its going to be more like 12 -15+ markets in the initial 5,000. But that is just a guess on my part.

Why do you hope not? That is the entire Sprint network! Were you hoping it would be less than all of it? ;)

Hence the thread here in this section "Picture of Sprint's LTE footprint once NV rolled out"....

http://s4gru.com/ind...-nv-rolled-out/

:tu:

Yes. Although I wouldn't use the word overlay. It is a complete teardown and rebuilding of every "native" Sprint site into a multi-modal base station that supports new 4G LTE technology as well.

I guess it gets technical in those areas they show as "their" service but its not really like the one in west Kansas...

They do have 1x/3G native service agreements. They just do not have 4G LTE native service agreements. Because these companies don't have LTE service.

Although it would be great to have additional rural LTE coverage, it is not reasonable to think that Network Vision/LTE goes beyond Sprint's own sites. Verizon also has these types of deals with many little wireless companies. Not all of them have worked on LTE 700MHz Rural Alliance sharing deals.

Unless they let their partner carriers license their G-block and help build out the LTE network in those areas.

Agreed. I think Sprint is having these discussions now to encourage these partners to either install Network Vision type base stations, or at the least, incorporate a LTE G-Block hosting deal. Although I don't know of any specific talks.

Robert