Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Any NV around 43023

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Uhhhh...no.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I noticed in this article http://s4gru.com/ind...ge-for-chicago/ that it says some sites are going up in North East Iowa. I'm curious if this includes any around the 50702, 50613, or 50651 zipcodes (Waterloo/Cedar Falls Area). The slow speeds here are killing me :(

Also, if you have any information on the schedule for tower DM03IP329 @ 42.518472330470786, -92.44050732424769, I have a clear view of it from work as my workplace is on the corner of Adams and Irving. I was thinking about setting up a time lapse camera to watch the upgrades.

I noticed in this article http://s4gru.com/ind...ge-for-chicago/ that it says some sites are going up in North East Iowa. I'm curious if this includes any around the 50702, 50613, or 50651 zipcodes (Waterloo/Cedar Falls Area). The slow speeds here are killing me :(

Also, if you have any information on the schedule for tower DM03IP329 @ 42.518472330470786, -92.44050732424769, I have a clear view of it from work as my workplace is on the corner of Adams and Irving. I was thinking about setting up a time lapse camera to watch the upgrades.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I need to add an update to this article. When I originally wrote the first completed draft of this article, it did not include any info about Northeast Iowa at all. It was only about the Chicago market based on documents we seen.

However, just prior to publishing, I was contacted by a source about Network Vision equipment deliveries that were occurring in several communities in NE Iowa and St. Cloud, Minnesota. At that time, not knowing as much about NV deployment as I do now, I made the assumption that Network Vision was beginning in those markets. We have since learned that NV Equipment deliveries (especially by Samsung) are happening far, far in advance in many locations. NV Equipment deliveries have very little bearing on the actual NV schedule.

Also since the date this article was published we have seen national NV schedules and local NV schedules. We know definitively that even though equipment has landed in NE Iowa for Samsung to use in the future, NV has not begun in that market. Planning, permitting and design are not even complete in that area. There will likely not be any NV deployment in any of the Iowa markets until 2013. Minnesota will start sooner, though.

This point is one of the reasons why we no longer publish anything anymore based upon verbal communication, but only on things we see ourselves. Sorry for the confusion and disappointment this causes.

Robert

Not a problem, I'm not going to go jump off a bridge or anything!! :lol:

I had figured on 2013 before I saw that, just wanted some clarification. Us hillbillies here in Iowa aren't a high priority, lol.

• Like 2

Looks like they are just starting NV at some sites in Waukegan. Three of them are scheduled to start NV in May. The rest look like August. The May sites will have 3G come live pretty quickly. The 4G LTE will come live later (like all the Chicago market). Although it appears the schedule may have slipped a little by a week or two.

Wait so in Waukegan they are only going to work on 3 towers? Could you possibly tell me at which locations? And I'm going to become a sponsor once I get paid next week.(Car needed a new motor and clutch this payday.)

Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!

Not sure if they are NV upgrades or not, but the Sprint network site says 55912 is slated for 3 upgrades on two towers in "next 6 months", though that has been like that for awhile. I've heard that they will be happening around July 30th. Is it possible to verify that, Robert? The slow speeds in town are absolutely brutal, Straight Talk phones did not help the matter either.

Thanks.

Not sure if they are NV upgrades or not, but the Sprint network site says 55912 is slated for 3 upgrades on two towers in "next 6 months", though that has been like that for awhile. I've heard that they will be happening around July 30th. Is it possible to verify that, Robert? The slow speeds in town are absolutely brutal, Straight Talk phones did not help the matter either.

Thanks.

Those are the "band aid" fixes that are aiming to make 3G usable until network vision upgrades the towers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire running CM9.

• Like 1

I am thinking NV has started here in Chicago. This past week I have had numerous dropped calls and the data is even slower than before. A few co workers have also stated they are dropping calls as of this week. It seems to be happening all over the city, my home on south side, my work in the west side and my coworkers homes up on the north side. Hopefully by august or September they are running full steam on NV.

Any news on Louisville KY?

Louisville KY falls in the West Kentucky market, which is not in the first 2 rounds and Robert is not speculating on 3rd and 4th rounds because there is way too many variables to have any degree of accuracy. It will most likely be 2013.

You think DC would be a big market for cell phone providers. Its hard to imagine Baltimore and Kansas City bigger than NY and DC market wise.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-63-sprints-network-vision-lte-deployments-will-soon-come-speeding-into-washington-dc-to-jump-start-stalled-bureaucracy/

It is a first round market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lol thanks., a pic was posted over in the sprint forums that showed supposed LTE coverage.. Seemed a bit sparse in some areas. For the life of me I can't find that post now. Go figure.

You mean this one?

Yeah, there are areas on Sprint's coverage map that won't get LTE. Any tower not owned by Sprint.

This map seems pretty accurate/legit, judging by the tower locations in the planned market upgrades that show up on this site (splotchiness in markets, etc).

171977-sprintlte.jpg

You mean this one?

Yeah, there are areas on Sprint's coverage map that won't get LTE. Any tower not owned by Sprint.

This map seems pretty accurate/legit, judging by the tower locations in the planned market upgrades that show up on this site (splotchiness in markets, etc).

171977-sprintlte.jpg

Yah thats the one. It shows that it hits my areas... Well from what I can tell it does lol. X'd fingers anyways

This map basically shows the entire Native Sprint network. If you have 3G EVDO service now from a Native Sprint site, you will get LTE too. Some time before Spring 2014, depending on the market.

Also, all Sprint affiliate areas covered by Shentel are supposed to get LTE too. We had one member post that he knows that Swiftel and Sprint are working out a deal. But that has not been announced.

Robert

Funny while working NATO protests I had a guy from Sprint stop me and ask why he couldn't get through traffic and then we got to talking. I asked him why my service has been so bad and when LTE was going live. He told me that he has 122 sites that there working on and that it was to go live this weekend but it was pushed back by NATO. I found that very interesting and I also inquired about a LTE iphone and he stated that its coming and the tech guys are working on it. Very good news if true.

Robert do you know what will happen with existing Sprint Rural Alliance members?

No. Nothing has been announced. I have seen references in internal docs to Sprint LTE devices roaming on SRA networks in the future when available. But no details. So based on that, Sprint must be having talks with SRA members.

• Like 2