Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Can't get backhaul to support it at the site location. Could not negotiate changing the leases with the site owner. Zoning changes that allow grandfathered operations but not new operations. And I am sure there are others. However, it is such a small fraction of sites that will not get LTE 1900 that is almost not worth noting.

Robert

Ah, well that makes sense.

Any word on the "West Iowa/Nebraska" market? I understand they are working more densely populated areas first but Omaha is the 42nd most populous city. Just curious.

Any word on the "West Iowa/Nebraska" market? I understand they are working more densely populated areas first but Omaha is the 42nd most populous city. Just curious.

It is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision at this time. My market is even larger as the 32nd largest city, and no dice. Unfortunately, with a deployment plan, there will be some early winners. Not everyone can be in the beginning. We can commiserate together. :(

Robert

• Like 1

Thanks Robert, maybe I'll go with a WiMax phone when I upgrade in August and get an LTE phone in 2014. Even though Sprint doesn't officially have WiMax here there are some Clear towers with coverage at least where I work, I can roam on those right?.

Thanks Robert, maybe I'll go with a WiMax phone when I upgrade in August and get an LTE phone in 2014. Even though Sprint doesn't officially have WiMax here there are some Clear towers with coverage at least where I work, I can roam on those right?.

Yes, you can use all Clearwire WiMax sites as native coverage until 2015. I too occasionally use WiMax protection sites here in New Mexico. I'm not certain when I'm going to upgrade yet, either.

Robert

Any idea when Sacramento, CA is getting Lte. Sprintfeed is saying that Stockton is testing Lte.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Juned

Any idea when Sacramento, CA is getting Lte. Sprintfeed is saying that Stockton is testing Lte.

The Upper Central Valley market is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision. SprintFeed is not even around any more, when did they say that? Also, I do not see any LTE FIT's in the Stockton area. By my information, planning and design is not yet completed in this market. They can't deploy anything without it being designed first.

It doesn't appear to me that anything is going on in Stockton at all. The closest activity I see to Stockton is in the SF Bay market. In the Brentwood and Altamont Pass areas. There will be some sites in those areas that are scheduled to begin work in July. However, there have been lots of delays in the SF Bay market deployment. So I don't even know if those dates are still good.

Robert

It was tweeted my Mark today. Here is a linkhttp://www.technobuffalo.com/news/wireless/sprints-network-vision-4g-lte-additional-markets-revealed/

It was tweeted my Mark today. Here is a linkhttp://www.technobuf...rkets-revealed/

I have seen this slide. These are not markets. These are dates that 4G cores will be ready. Sprint is housing a 4G core in Stockton. I better get a hold of Mark.

Robert

I have seen this slide. These are not markets. These are dates that 4G cores will be ready. Sprint is housing a 4G core in Stockton. I better get a hold of Mark.

Robert

4G core?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Think switch, but for 4G LTE data.

Robert

Like the main switch building I noted in moorisivlle, nc long ago?...if so that's a big build out there as I thought they would of just upgraded it to run through same locations if possible...actually having to build out main switch centers is something I never thought of during this whole thing ..

Like the main switch building I noted in moorisivlle, nc long ago?...if so that's a big build out there as I thought they would of just upgraded it to run through same locations if possible...actually having to build out main switch centers is something I never thought of during this whole thing ..

I'm not certain why they are separate from switches, but in most cases they are.

Robert

I'm not certain why they are separate from switches, but in most cases they are.

Robert

Only guess is they those instances they don't have enough space to fit needed switches in those already built centers?...

I guess I just assumed if current switches couldn't be upgraded to handle the extra data on top of reg stuff then they'd add to the location...guess that's not possible at all places...

Tossing darts to see what sticks there. Lol

Only guess is they those instances they don't have enough space to fit needed switches in those already built centers?...

I guess I just assumed if current switches couldn't be upgraded to handle the extra data on top of reg stuff then they'd add to the location...guess that's not possible at all places...

Tossing darts to see what sticks there. Lol

Sounds good to me!

Robert

Sounds good to me!

Robert

Haha, very confident. Lol

To be clear here: 4G Node= 4G switch center correct.?

Like the big cdma switch centers that handle multiple towers and such...just LTE instead of cdma/evdo handling...

Haha, very confident. Lol

To be clear here: 4G Node= 4G switch center correct.?

Like the big cdma switch centers that handle multiple towers and such...just LTE instead of cdma/evdo handling...

Based on the context of how I see them in the documents I have read, 4G LTE Cores and LTE DDC's are used synonymously and have always discussed with CDMA switch centers. I can also see through schematics that ALL 4G LTE data gets routed from the site, through backhaul to the 4G LTE Core that each site is assigned to and then gets distributed to the internet.

However, I don't have much more understanding about the LTE Cores than this. I will admit where my knowledge is short so I don't have someone come along and try to discredit me. However, I am picturing it exactly the way you are outlining above.

Robert

Not sure I've seen this officially published by Sprint. Sprint says here that their 4G LTE will average 6 to 8 Mbps on the down-link with peak speeds of 25Mbps

http://shop2.sprint.....html#tab_where

Also, note that Unlimited is continued to be emphasized. :)

In comparison:

VZW states: 5-12 Mbps for the download.

http://aboutus.veriz...Advantages.html

ATT states: 5-12 on their 4G LTE

http://www.att.com/g...fairs?pid=20879

Not sure I've seen this officially published by Sprint. Sprint says here that their 4G LTE will average 6 to 8 Mbps on the down-link with peak speeds of 25Mbps

http://shop2.sprint.....html#tab_where

Also, note that Unlimited is continued to be emphasized. :)

In comparison:

VZW states: 5-12 Mbps for the download.

http://aboutus.veriz...Advantages.html

ATT states: 5-12 on their 4G LTE

http://www.att.com/g...fairs?pid=20879

Thanks Ben. Sounds very consistent to what I reported in this article: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-83-new-network-visionlte-deployment-details-and-central-jersey-market-work-is-under-way-with-several-sites-live/

Robert

• Like 1

Based on the context of how I see them in the documents I have read, 4G LTE Cores and LTE DDC's are used synonymously and have always discussed with CDMA switch centers. I can also see through schematics that ALL 4G LTE data gets routed from the site, through backhaul to the 4G LTE Core that each site is assigned to and then gets distributed to the internet.

However, I don't have much more understanding about the LTE Cores than this. I will admit where my knowledge is short so I don't have someone come along and try to discredit me. However, I am picturing it exactly the way you are outlining above.

Robert

Well then we must be right then. Hehe

Least till AJ chimes in and drops bombs of knowledge. LOL

Seriously AJ you know too much. Jkjk

We need to organize a sponsors quiz of AJ's spectrum knowledge...I think he'd dominate 95% scoring easily! Lol

I have written a response article to the TechnoBuffalo piece: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-162-clarification-on-reported-new-sprint-4g-lte-cities/

Robert

• Like 1

I'm not certain why they are separate from switches' date=' but in most cases they are.

Robert[/quote']

Here's my educated guess:

Sprint is installing shiny new site equipment with new backhaul (microwave, fiber, or what have you). So they set up shiny new network "cores", or data centers, with all the network routers and such. Cutover is probably much simpler and less disruptive than trying to work with the legacy locations.

That's what I figger anyway.

• Like 1