Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Understood. However, I have seen on those mentioned devices the lab reports where they say they can support 3MHz LTE channels. Also, I just came across LTE FIT performance reports from Ericsson, A/L and Samsung in the field where they acknowledge they are prepared to support 3MHz LTE channels. I sure wish one of these references mentioned band!!!

Robert

Does Sprint have any under-utilized A block or B block spectrum? It could be possible that they are testing in the unused portions of their existing PCS spectrum. I wish the references mentioned band too.

I don't think anyone will disagree with your statement. Sprint has the solutions worked out, the plan is in place and it's being implemented. Unfortunately, they cannot get to every corner of the country first. The cavalry is coming to Phoenix. The horses just can't handle the hot summers. ;)

Robert

Fortunately for Sprint I was too late to cancel my contract without penatly, hopefuly they hurry up with the enhancements.

Fortunately for Sprint I was too late to cancel my contract without penatly, hopefuly they hurry up with the enhancements.

Max, give them time. I was pretty upset the last few months with Sprint and then last month when visiting home for a few days Sprint finally surprised me. They had finally competed T1 upgrades in my area as well as Barstow, CA, and the improved data speeds make me much happier. They will get to Phoenix.

• Like 1

Understood. However, I have seen on those mentioned devices the lab reports where they say they can support 3MHz LTE channels. Also, I just came across LTE FIT performance reports from Ericsson, A/L and Samsung in the field where they acknowledge they are prepared to support 3MHz LTE channels. I sure wish one of these references mentioned band!!!

Robert

Need to contact your in field connection and ask him what's going on...Hehe

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Does Sprint have any under-utilized A block or B block spectrum? It could be possible that they are testing in the unused portions of their existing PCS spectrum. I wish the references mentioned band too.

In some markets, Sprint has a lot of spare PCS spectrum. Some a little less so. Some they have none. It's highly variable. However, Sprint has prohibited NV OEM's and Contractors from testing outside of G-Block. If a OEM feels they must perform outside of G Block for some reason, they have to petition directly to the Sprint Network Division and get advanced authorization. And that would likely not be approved unless there is no other way around it. Sprint has been very adamant at trying to insulate customers from NV inconveniences.

Need to contact your in field connection and ask him what's going on...Hehe

Field contacts are running scared since I started writing about what they've said. Won't answer my calls! I don't expect any more field sources for awhile. However, if you any of you are reading this and a field tech or engineer and have some info, especially from FIT's, send me a confidential e-mail or PM. ;)

Robert

In some markets, Sprint has a lot of spare PCS spectrum. Some a little less so. Some they have none. It's highly variable. However, Sprint has prohibited NV OEM's and Contractors from testing outside of G-Block. If a OEM feels they must perform outside of G Block for some reason, they have to petition directly to the Sprint Network Division and get advanced authorization. And that would likely not be approved unless there is no other way around it. Sprint has been very adamant at trying to insulate customers from NV inconveniences.

Field contacts are running scared since I started writing about what they've said. Won't answer my calls! I don't expect any more field sources for awhile. However, if you any of you are reading this and a field tech or engineer and have some info, especially from FIT's, send me a confidential e-mail or PM.

Robert

Haha that stinks. Well I'm all over the tower near me so whenever they start round two and get to RDU ill drill the guys working on my tower....

Though by that point in time it'll likely be pointless as well prolly know everything. Haha

Yeah-- Sprint sold 10 MHz of the A block they had here in Baton Rouge since they weren't ever going to use it anyway...

However, Sprint has prohibited NV OEM's and Contractors from testing outside of G-Block. If a OEM feels they must perform outside of G Block for some reason,

Because their standard PRL has scans for almost all the channels in the block-- if they tested in any block other than G, customers' phones could see those carriers and sync-- hence my testing PRL...

• Like 1

Max, give them time. I was pretty upset the last few months with Sprint and then last month when visiting home for a few days Sprint finally surprised me. They had finally competed T1 upgrades in my area as well as Barstow, CA, and the improved data speeds make me much happier. They will get to Phoenix.

If you go on the network,sprint.com, all the planned "data speed upgrades" (band-aid T1s) are gone-- everywhere.

Edited by 4ringsnbr

If you go on the network,sprint.com, all the planned "data speed upgrades" (band-aid T1s) are gone-- everywhere.

There are still a few more here in Santa Fe, NM. But two of our sites that were supposed to get improvements have mysteriously disappeared. They were on there just a few weeks ago when I last checked as getting speed upgrades in the next 6 months. And they have not been upgraded. Hmmmm...

Robert

There are still a few more here in Santa Fe, NM. But two of our sites that were supposed to get improvements have mysteriously disappeared. They were on there just a few weeks ago when I last checked as getting speed upgrades in the next 6 months. And they have not been upgraded. Hmmmm...

Robert

They also cancelled the March 31 proposed 4th Ev carrier for the Coursey / Sherwood tower that digiblur posted the wonderful 66kbps test on this weekend (at night). That could be very bad or very good news I suppose...

• Like 1

I hope that is just a mapping error. Downtown has been grinding to a halt lately. I have been having issues texting as well. I can see the tower out my window and there have been no changes to it. I see it many times a day when I am walking down the hall as it is directly through the window and almost level with my floor.

I hope that is just a mapping error. Downtown has been grinding to a halt lately. I have been having issues texting as well. I can see the tower out my window and there have been no changes to it. I see it many times a day when I am walking down the hall as it is directly through the window and almost level with my floor.

Well last week, there were still future data speed upgrades shown in various places. Now, there are NO future data speed upgrades shown anywhere I see in the country (haven't checked EVERYWHERE yet). There are still SOME future data capacity upgrades shown (though they did eliminate the Coursey/Sherwood one and the Downtown one), but NONE of the data speed upgrades are shown anymore. Obviously I can no longer follow and report on the current speeds at Sherwood, but I'll bet they're still under 50k all day long.

Robert

The northern Pahrump tower disappeared off the map too, which is really weird.

Doesn't look good. Guess Sprint called all the upgrades off since NV is coming right? Hahahaha....

Haha I'm currently trying to find that out about my tower here...had scheduled to have the bundled T1 patch put in for data by today and also showed it on the network.sprint.com site as an upgrade to be done in next 6mo BUT I checked yesterday and its gone from that site now and not moved to the completed side either...hoping Larry over on sprints forums will get back to me with some info...

Speeds sure haven't improved a tick here either. Lol

This is pretty interesting stuff. However, the map in Phoenix is still showing all kinds of upgrades scheduled.

Yes-- carrier / capacity upgrades, but all the FUTURE data SPEED upgrades have been removed.

• Like 1

I noticed the same thing today, this is the answer i've got so far,

Feb 20, 2012 10:23 AM

Slow Data Hutchinson, KS

I'm having lots of issues with slow data in 67501 and 67502, the issues did get better for awhile but the past week i can't pull in anything over 150kbps. Address with main issue is in 500 block of 30th ave. Seems like this tower has issues alot. any insight? Thanks!

•  
    Like (0)

Tags: data, data_coverage, poor_coverage

• Like 1

I saw an AT&T truck by the building the tower sits on, so maybe he was doing something with the T1's. I'll check tomorrow when I get to work.

• Like 1

Is Sprint's Prospect in the Dark?

Verizon is the current market leader based on coverage in the US, followed by AT&T with its newly launched LTE networks. Apple's new iPad supports both AT&T and Verizon's 4G networks, but what about Sprint? Well, it's yet to launch its own LTE network, and according to Bernstein Research analyst Craig Moffett, Sprint's scramble to deliver a 4G network could bring it "to its knees" once Apple unleashes its upcoming iPhone 5.

Please follow the rules here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/site-guidelines-rules/guidelines-about-posting-articles-from-outside-websites-r26 when quoting from outside sources and always post the link so members can see the source article. Thanks.

Edited to remove material posted from an outside website -pyroscott

I saw an AT&T truck by the building the tower sits on, so maybe he was doing something with the T1's. I'll check tomorrow when I get to work.

Well, this is my speed from the tower this morning. Maybe AT&T just removed the T1 lines from this site. This is truly pathetic.

156370105.png