HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

So recently I tried Sim Unlocking the phone through Sprint. I followed their directions and went to a Tmobile store, they tried putting a sim in the phone, and nothing. It prompted me to select a network but other than that it did nothing.

So I've been looking into rooting the phone, and Unlocking the Sim myself but I haven't been able to find any information as far as rooting with the new 1.55 HBOOT.

Anyone have any information?

-Luis

The root method of unlocking the sim is the exact same thing as the sprint's OTA method, you're just going in and doing it manually.  It appears that a few things may have changed since the 4.3 update though.  Here are two threads you can read up on.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45243199

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2243724

As far as I know, Sprint will unlock its HTC One variant for international usage but not for domestic usage.  US MCCs are blocked.  Were you expecting some other result?

AJ

Actually I have gotten my One to work on tmobile just fine, I just had to go in and manually configure it to do so.

If you are currently on a 4.3 rom, this app will NOT work, but there is a work around.  You can get it to work by deleting a specific apk(system/app/htcOmadm_spcs.apk) and installing the older version.  More info can be found in the first thread I linked above.

Oh! I didn't know that. Thanks lol.

Is there anyway to actually Sim unlock to get it to work on Tmobile?

-Luis

You'll need to root and s-off the phone then you SuperCID the device. I think you'll only have access to voice services but I've never done it now have I researched it extensively.

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

You'll need to root and s-off the phone then you SuperCID the device. I think you'll only have access to voice services but I've never done it now have I researched it extensively.

I know you are trying to help but its reasons like this why devices are s-on in the first place. The purpose of supercid'ing a device is so that you can run any RUU on it but just about any other RUU available right now will be for a gsm variant and  doing so on a sprint One will more than likely brick your device.  Now if you wanted to flash an RUU made for a cdma carrier like boost mobile for example then that would be fine but flashing a gsm ruu on a cdma device will cause major problems.  Now I am not a developer and I could be wrong and if I am please correct me.

I know you are trying to help but its reasons like this why devices are s-on in the first place. The purpose of supercid'ing a device is so that you can run any RUU on it but just about any other RUU available right now will be for a gsm variant and doing so on a sprint One will more than likely brick your device. Now if you wanted to flash an RUU made for a cdma carrier like boost mobile for example then that would be fine but flashing a gsm ruu on a cdma device will cause major problems. Now I am not a developer and I could be wrong and if I am please correct me.

"but I've never done it and have *not researched it extensively."

No doubt man, I had a little mistype there but like I said, I haven't done it or researched it much. Others "supposedly" have done what he was asking but who knows.

You are probably 100% right, nothing to say otherwise, so always good to have more info available, Thanks for the reply.

• 5 weeks later...

I think I'm late to the party on this, but after downloading the latest OTA update the signal bars on my phone seem to correlate with the signal strength of the current tech being used for data (1X, eHRPD/EV-DO or LTE) instead of just 1X like before. 

I took the attached screenshots on the way home from the store. The first screenshot was about a block or so before I completely lost LTE signal, while the second is right outside my apartment. I was on the same 1X/eHRPD tower for both. Notice how I only have one bar in the first screenshot while I have four bars in the second.

Anyone else notice this?

Screenshot_2013-11-11-21-28-19.png

Screenshot_2013-11-11-21-31-36.png

• Like 1

I think I'm late to the party on this, but after downloading the latest OTA update the signal bars on my phone seem to correlate with the signal strength of the current tech being used for data (1X, eHRPD/EV-DO or LTE) instead of just 1X like before. 

I took the attached screenshots on the way home from the store. The first screenshot was about a block or so before I completely lost LTE signal, while the second is right outside my apartment. I was on the same 1X/eHRPD tower for both. Notice how I only have one bar in the first screenshot while I have four bars in the second.

Anyone else notice this?

You are late to the party ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Be on the lookout for minor software update that fixes issues regarding SIM Card not installed, radio signal display change and HD voice improvements.

http://www.android.gs/sprint-htc-one-getting-3-05-651-3-ota-update-its-not-android-4-4/

While not major, I'll take the update!

Looking forward to the KitKat update soon though.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

While not major, I'll take the update!

Looking forward to the KitKat update soon though.

i wonder if it gives the new 4G logo that's on the Samsung devices. I want the EVO to get that update.

Cool, its not available for me yet. Wonder if they will ever fix the radio, i can never pick up LTE very well until im close to the tower.

That's probably the way the tower is set up and not your phone. The HTC One has a good LTE radio as it is. Certainly nothing like the N5, but it's pretty much as good as the GS3. It will likely take more sites going live to see better performance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's probably the way the tower is set up and not your phone. The HTC One has a good LTE radio as it is. Certainly nothing like the N5, but it's pretty much as good as the GS3. It will likely take more sites going live to see better performance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ah, ok. Over all the HTC has been the best phone i have ever had and there are only a handful of towers broadcasting LTE here so i will just wait it out.

Side question, IDK if you would know but is there any way they can update the phone so its try-band capable? I know the One Max has it and they are going to update the S4 for that but is that even possible with the regular One? Spark sounds great and i really like the One, so i would like to enjoy both!

• Like 1

Ah, ok. Over all the HTC has been the best phone i have ever had and there are only a handful of towers broadcasting LTE here so i will just wait it out.

Side question, IDK if you would know but is there any way they can update the phone so its try-band capable? I know the One Max has it and they are going to update the S4 for that but is that even possible with the regular One? Spark sounds great and i really like the One, so i would like to enjoy both!

Since I have the HTC One, I would love to see that too, but I don't think it is possible. I don't think that the HTC One has the hardware antennas to support Spark.

The HTC one isn't tri-band as it was released back in, what, March or so? No radios to pick up the band 26 and 41 LTE. Only band 25/1900 LTE.

On another note, anyone know if the HTC One is capable of qi charging?

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

The HTC one isn't tri-band as it was released back in, what, March or so? No radios to pick up the band 26 and 41 LTE. Only band 25/1900 LTE.

On another note, anyone know if the HTC One is capable of qi charging?

I'm glad I have the One instead of a triband phone in a way. At least with the One we have SvLTE.  :D

No, it is impossible. The hardware is not there.

And they are not updating the GS4 to be Tri-band either. They are releasing a whole new GS4 phone, with new hardware that supports the three LTE bands.

The best analogy I can use in this scenario is this...imagine you got a Intel core i3 processor. Intel can't send you a driver to update that processor to a core i7. Why? Because the hardware just isn't there. Same goes for making a phone tri-band that isn't...The hardware isn't inside phone.

• Like 1