HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

And this is why I always take my time flashing any major release, thanks for the heads up bro.

It's only the firmware package (that is a separate flash/push), rom is fine BUT I hear ya. :)

Also, airplane mode toggle widget will not work with 4.3 and neither will LTE Discovery.

I have updated yet (finding it hard to let go) but LTE Discovery is working fine on 4.3 CM as he built in the toggle to work, just needs root access BUT he is working on the no root method which should be in a release soon. The new app is gonna blow you all's mind, for reals!

I am very confused right now....my phone is S-off and bootloader is unlocked but for some reason, after upgrading, i do not have root access.

Posted Image

Boot into recovery (you may have to flash/push TWRP again since you took the OTA) and then back to System and it should install the SU binary. You also might need to manually flash SU. These are things you normally would have to deal with if you flash the rooted stock version but taking the OTA update like you did may be causing you trouble.

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

It's only the firmware package (that is a separate flash/push), rom is fine BUT I hear ya. :)

Yeah I know and if I didn't take the wait and see approach I would have had to deal with these issues for sure versus just updating twrp and flashing everything else all at once with no issues like I just did. :tu:

• Like 1

I have updated yet (finding it hard to let go) but LTE Discovery is working fine on 4.3 CM as he built in the toggle to work, just needs root access BUT he is working on the no root method which should be in a release soon. The new app is gonna blow you all's mind, for reals!

Boot into recovery (you may have to flash/push TWRP again since you took the OTA) and then back to System and it should install the SU binary. You also might need to manually flash SU. These are things you normally would have to deal with if you flash the rooted stock version but taking the OTA update like you did may be causing you trouble.

When I boot into recovery i get a red triangle with an exclamation point.

That means you have no recovery installed.

Push recovery with fastboot.

On the Rich Man's HTC, sipping moonshine.

I haven't done this stuff in forever, will that wipe my data? If so I'm just going to say screw it for now and deal with the new versions of the google apps.

I haven't done this stuff in forever, will that wipe my data? If so I'm just going to say screw it for now and deal with the new versions of the google apps.

If you do it correctly, no it won't.

On the Rich Man's HTC, sipping moonshine.

No, not at all, let me put a small package together with ADB, the recovery and short instructions and I'll PM you the link to grab it. All you are going to have to do is boot into bootloader and execute 1 command to push recovery and 1 command to reboot.

Llig, look at your firmware version and tell me what it shows. I have a feeling that you are on the new firmware since you tool the OTA and I'll need to give you the latest recovery version.

*Also, I noticed you asked if you can do it without a cable.  Download Goomanager from the Playstore and open it.  I know you were having trouble with root so this may not work BUT if you do have root access, you can install TWRP by going into the app and "Install OpenRecoveryScript" and it'll download the latest for our phone and install it. 

No, not at all, let me put a small package together with ADB, the recovery and short instructions and I'll PM you the link to grab it. All you are going to have to do is boot into bootloader and execute 1 command to push recovery and 1 command to reboot.

Llig, look at your firmware version and tell me what it shows. I have a feeling that you are on the new firmware since you tool the OTA and I'll need to give you the latest recovery version.

*Also, I noticed you asked if you can do it without a cable.  Download Goomanager from the Playstore and open it.  I know you were having trouble with root so this may not work BUT if you do have root access, you can install TWRP by going into the app and "Install OpenRecoveryScript" and it'll download the latest for our phone and install it. 

I tried the goomanager and it didn't work and i tried using the fastboot method and that comes up with an error as well.

C:\Users\Front Office\Desktop\android sdk\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130729\sdk\pl

atform-tools>fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7.img

target reported max download size of 1526722560 bytes

sending 'recovery' (4 KB)...

OKAY [  0.226s]

writing 'recovery'...

FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))

finished. total time: 0.261s

Has anyone had an issue with wifi?  I still have my Sprint HTC One so I updated it to 4.3.  I did a speedtest on my wifi network at home after the update and got about 5-6 mbit down. I did the same test on my T-Mo HTC One and got about 20 mbit down. Same server & everything.  I ran the test multiple times and got the same result on both.  FWIW the actual speed of my internet at home is around 30mbit when done on a computer.

C:\Users\Front Office\Desktop\android sdk\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130729\sdk\pl

atform-tools>fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7.img

target reported max download size of 1526722560 bytes

sending 'recovery' (4 KB)...

OKAY [  0.226s]

writing 'recovery'...

FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))

finished. total time: 0.261s

The img needs to be renamed to recovery.img, zipped up and also contain an android-info.txt file within the firmware.zip.

fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

The img needs to be renamed to recovery.img, zipped up and also contain an android-info.txt file within the firmware.zip.

fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

I found my problem....had a bad download....its not supposed to be 4KB. Redownloaded and was able to flash it.

• Like 1

If I select Recovery from bootloader i get the HTC screen that says entering recovery but it doesnt load TeamWin...it just starts Android. So confused right now.

After you fastboot flash recovery recovery.img you need to reboot the phone completely once, so just do fastboot reboot.  Then boot into bootloader and then recovery.  If that still doesn't work, flash the recovery again and try again.

*This is why you don't take OTA's, you shouldn't have to deal with this madness.  Once you get the recovery figured out, I would suggest flashing a "Stock Rooted" version of the rom because will most likely continue with headaches from staying on the stock rom. 

Has any one figured out the Easter Egg under Software Infomation > More? You can click on Build Number and I tapped it a couple of times and it counted down from like 5 to 1. Now every time I tap it, it says "No need, you are already a developer".