HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Has any one figured out the Easter Egg under Software Infomation > More? You can click on Build Number and I tapped it a couple of times and it counted down from like 5 to 1. Now every time I tap it, it says "No need, you are already a developer".

In AOSP roms you have to do that in order to access the Developer options. I don't know if they are present by default in our new Sense build OR if you did it once and now it's just telling you there is nothing else to do. Someone take a look and see if you can see the Developer menu with debugging and those goodies. If not, try the easter egg and then look again. 

*I haven't flashed yet or I'd have a straight answer. :)

In AOSP roms you have to do that in order to access the Developer options. I don't know if they are present by default in our new Sense build OR if you did it once and now it's just telling you there is nothing else to do. Someone take a look and see if you can see the Developer menu with debugging and those goodies. If not, try the easter egg and then look again. 

Ahhh that makes sense. Just looking under settings now and I see the Developer options.

Has anyone had an issue with wifi? I still have my Sprint HTC One so I updated it to 4.3. I did a speedtest on my wifi network at home after the update and got about 5-6 mbit down. I did the same test on my T-Mo HTC One and got about 20 mbit down. Same server & everything. I ran the test multiple times and got the same result on both. FWIW the actual speed of my internet at home is around 30mbit when done on a computer.

My issue with WiFi is that it keeps turning on and off. Performed a factory reset, but nothing... Any suggestions?

Has any one figured out the Easter Egg under Software Infomation > More? You can click on Build Number and I tapped it a couple of times and it counted down from like 5 to 1. Now every time I tap it, it says "No need, you are already a developer".

It's part of 4.2 +. To get to developer options you have to do that first. I use a celebrite all day to move contacts and that is the first step on all newer phones.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

For those that have done the OTA or flashed the newest radio from the update, notice any difference? Better, worse signal, drops, etc?

4g lte seems to hang on better for me

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

LTE seems to be about the same. It still takes a while for it to pick it up at times, when I know there is LTE in the area.

Also, I'm not really liking the fact that the Signal Bars now reflect data strength. I really liked knowing the voice strength instead.

-Luis

• Like 1

Anybody having an issue with the "WiFi network Available" notification. I go in to Advanced WiFi settings and it is off but I still get notifications. If I check mark it to be on, exit out and get back in, it is now unchecked but still get notifications.

That explains some of it, but before it would say usb debug mode and usb connected. This is something new and is kind of annoying since it now takes up more menu space.

Anyone else notice the gmail/email notification previews suddenly reverted back to standard notifications?  I was able to preview the message with option to reply/forward using the notification pull down when i first updated but somehow it has reverted back to pre 4.2 behavior.  My friend has the Sprint HTC One and his still does the gmail/email preview so I wonder what I could have changed. Maybe I just need a factory reset :(

Has anyone looked into the enhancement of the recently updated GoogleNow? You are supposed to say "OK Google Now" instead of "Google" but on the Sprint One it still says to say "Google'. My friends One on Att says "OK Google Now". I tried uninstalling the update and reinstalling it and hardreset my device and nothing. Not sure why this is.

It takes a while for that to roll out to everyone. I got the update, but didn't have the "Ok Google" part for a couple of days. I reset my phone yesterday to install the 4.3 update (SWG) and was still using the old "Google" until just a couple of hours ago.

I've noticed sending MMS messages takes quite a bit longer compared to the 4.1 build. Loving the enhanced notifications part though.

that's because the pictures aren't compressed like before

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Can you change the font color on the top of the phone where the time and stuff is? My background has a lot of white and it makes it hard to see the icons.

Thanks.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UHEgzgw1uxw/Tuj3_yIpjqI/AAAAAAAAA14/rIS35gMhK_U/s1600/impossibru_onnanoko.jpg

-Luis

• Like 1

So recently I tried Sim Unlocking the phone through Sprint. I followed their directions and went to a Tmobile store, they tried putting a sim in the phone, and nothing. It prompted me to select a network but other than that it did nothing.

So I've been looking into rooting the phone, and Unlocking the Sim myself but I haven't been able to find any information as far as rooting with the new 1.55 HBOOT.

Anyone have any information?

-Luis

Anyone have any information?

As far as I know, Sprint will unlock its HTC One variant for international usage but not for domestic usage.  US MCCs are blocked.  Were you expecting some other result?

AJ

As far as I know, Sprint will unlock its HTC One variant for international usage but not for domestic usage.  US MCCs are blocked.  Were you expecting some other result?

AJ

Oh! I didn't know that. Thanks lol.

Is there anyway to actually Sim unlock to get it to work on Tmobile?

-Luis