HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Anyone played around with the GoogleHome launcher on the HTC One? It is pretty cool. Basically makes the HTC launcher the same as the Nexus 5 "experience". Currently not on the android market and needs to be side loaded. So far I am liking it. You get the HTC One build quality and front speakers with pure android feel. Yes I know there are ROMs to do this and other launchers but I personally feel the launchers from the market never work properly and while I know how to root I personally prefer stock.

You wouldn't happen to have a link where I can download it, would you?

You wouldn't happen to have a link where I can download it, would you?

Found it. It was from this article.

http://phandroid.com/2014/02/05/how-to-install-google-now-launcher-google-search-3-2-update/

Direct link to download it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ina0fd8fwki5fo/GoogleHome.apk

• Like 1

I too am happy with the upgrade to Kit Kat. So far, I am liking the white battery icon. It is actually easier to see. I also liked the fact that I was able to customize the quick setting menu, and that it is easier to get to the quick settings menu.

Also, my battery life seems much better.

As for the Sprint Network Optimizer, it at least does not seem as annoying as the version that was on the Sprint EVO. Still, though, I think I will try to disable it.

Well you can rest assured that this version of Connections Optimizer is much more annoying than the last. Having Wifi automatically turn on all the time in the most unexpected locations. Places I have never even been to before and it's trying to connect to networks. 

I also noticed that battery life had gotten worse than when I had 4.3 I turned off Connections optimizer looking for a solution and low and behold, my phone lasts twice as long.

• Like 1

Just dowloaded Kit Kat this morning.  Turned off Connections optimizer and made a few other tweaks.  So far so good.  I like the addition of a swipe right panel addition to the lock screen.

As others have stated, I don't like the fact that the lock screen background can't be different from the home screen background.  

Peace,

DM

Noticed that there is not more flash player in 4.4.2. I had it before, but it is not on this version of Android. Any ideas?

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain Google has said they are moving to HTML5 instead of Flash so that isn't unexpected.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain Google has said they are moving to HTML5 instead of Flash so that isn't unexpected.

I know that is what they were doing, however, i had the flash app on my phone but it appears to no longer be there.  I'll have to load it from the old Evo LTE.

Does anyone know what makes the radio in the HTC one so bad? It seems to always prefer 3g to LTE, I'll be next to a friend with an iPhone on sprint or Galaxy s4 and they will be on LTE and I'll be on 3g. What makes it this way and what should I look out for when I'm buying a new phone? Should I be looking at radios just like we look for SoC chips?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what makes the radio in the HTC one so bad? It seems to always prefer 3g to LTE, I'll be next to a friend with an iPhone on sprint or Galaxy s4 and they will be on LTE and I'll be on 3g. What makes it this way and what should I look out for when I'm buying a new phone? Should I be looking at radios just like we look for SoC chips?

If I remember correctly, it's the way HTC writes their software to prefer a stronger more usable 3g connection as opposed to a weaker but probably faster LTE connection. Just the way the phone handles connections.

-Luis

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, it's the way HTC writes their software to prefer a stronger more usable 3g connection as opposed to a weaker but probably faster LTE connection. Just the way the phone handles connections.

-Luis

For what its worth, the rf performance on the One Max is actually pretty good compared to the One.  If the rf performance on the new m8 is at least just as good as the One Max then I will be very happy with that.

• Like 1

For what its worth, the rf performance on the One Max is actually pretty good compared to the One. If the rf performance on the new m8 is at least just as good as the One Max then I will be very happy with that.

Wish I had the money to upgrade again. Have you ever experienced a nexus 5 or s4? Does the one max rf performance equate with those?

Wish I had the money to upgrade again. Have you ever experienced a nexus 5 or s4? Does the one max rf performance equate with those?

Haven't tried the S4 but the N5 is a beast, especially if you put the .15 radio in. Check out the N5 thread. Google changed then radio in an update and some people are putting the bold radio back in.

Yes, I carry two devices regularly.  Either the n5/one or the n5/one max.  When it comes to lte performance there isn't any other device on sprint that comes remotely close to the nexus 5.  I also had the s4 for a couple of days when it first came out but touchwiz was just too frustrating to deal with so I ended up returning it.

• Like 1

I dont think i can go back to a phone without an IR blaster. The LG G2 should have the same RF performance as the n5 correct? 

edit: getting mixed reviews from the g2 forum here. I suppose I will wait another year and see whats out. Hopefully the next nexus will have an IR blaster or the m8 shows some promise in the radio performance.

I dont think i can go back to a phone without an IR blaster.

I know what you mean!

I really love the TV app on the HTC One. I can also see other future uses of the IR Blaster.

While I typically do not upgrade more than once every two years (or more), I am considering getting the HTC M8 when it comes out.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Is there theoretically anything you could do to improve the radio function with root and s-off? I.e. are we talking a software issue or is this hardware dependent?

For the most part no but if you are rooted you can flash a different radio that may improve performance but results will definitely vary so you will have to flash them all to see which one works best for you.

I know what you mean!

I really love the TV app on the HTC One. I can also see other future uses of the IR Blaster.

While I typically do not upgrade more than once every two years (or more), I am considering getting the HTC M8 when it comes out.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

I can't even flash an Aosp ROM because I can't do without the sense TV app, its incredible. I think it makes our phones much more powerful than other phones. It isn't raved about because people don't know what they are missing out on!

• Like 1