HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

The best analogy I can use in this scenario is this...imagine you got a Intel core i3 processor. Intel can't send you a driver to update that processor to a core i7. Why? Because the hardware just isn't there. Same goes for making a phone tri-band that isn't...The hardware isn't inside phone. Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Thank you for the simple explanation! That was what I was attempting to say in my previous post.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

Really? :wall:

It's just there. It's part of the way the phone works. Nothing to implement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ah, like i said before there is very limited LTE in Tucson and none where i live so i don't have much experience with it unfortunately..

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Be on the lookout for minor software update that fixes issues regarding SIM Card not installed, radio signal display change and HD voice improvements.

http://www.android.gs/sprint-htc-one-getting-3-05-651-3-ota-update-its-not-android-4-4/

Just got the update notification. Looks to be it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Yep.. I just got the update as well...   The No SIM card issue was driving me nuts... hope that goes away.

Also, signal bars are back to the way they were before, I think now it shows 1x voice...

• Like 1

Yep.. I just got the update as well...   The No SIM card issue was driving me nuts... hope that goes away.

Also, signal bars are back to the way they were before, I think now it shows 1x voice...

Really? Any can you get some shots with SignalCheck Pro in the status bar with LTE and 1x? Odd that they would backtrack on that since it's the direction all other smartphones are headed here soon.

Really? Any can you get some shots with SignalCheck Pro in the status bar with LTE and 1x? Odd that they would backtrack on that since it's the direction all other smartphones are headed here soon.

I can confirm the change.  I'm currently at 1x @-72 and LTE @-98 with full bars.

Yep.. I just got the update as well... The No SIM card issue was driving me nuts... hope that goes away.

I can confirm the change. I'm currently at 1x @-72 and LTE @-98 with full bars.

I just got the the latest update also!

And I agree that the master signal bars seem to be showing the Voice 1x signal, became the single bars are identical to the Signal Check 1x signal bars.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

I can confirm the change.  I'm currently at 1x @-72 and LTE @-98 with full bars.

Yes, but those two actual signal strengths are almost the same.

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen numerous reports that Profile and PRL updates aren't working since the update. I can confirm mine is doing this post-update, but I didn't check it before installing. Has anyone tried to resolve the issue?

Mine has not. Ever since 3.05.651.5 it fails when trying to update the profile and PRL. Do they even test this stuff?

• Like 1

Just got put into an HTC one, from a Galaxy s4. I went through 8 phones, and they finally approved of a different phone for me haha. What is everyones favorite features?

Just got put into an HTC one, from a Galaxy s4. I went through 8 phones, and they finally approved of a different phone for me haha. What is everyones favorite features?

You went through 8 phones? Damn bro, what kinda issues where you having?

You went through 8 phones? Damn bro, what kinda issues where you having?

Sim card slot failure, Wifi 2.4ghz was getting no signal, where another was getting full bars, Antenna failure, Charging port failure, One un activated itself, and would refuse to reactivate. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. All were refurbished devies. So this is device number 9 I have had since I joined sprint, I think back in May/June 2013. If it compares to anything I have had 9 Devices before the Gs4, 2 basics phones, samsung blackjack, Samsung captivate, samsung infuse, Samsung gs2 skyrocket, Gs3, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy note 2, and then the gs4. It is the fault of the Advanced exchange system, it never would allow another device to be exchanged after 3. I am liking the HTC one right now, but have learn the GCI that the One reports in my area ha

Sim card slot failure, Wifi 2.4ghz was getting no signal, where another was getting full bars, Antenna failure, Charging port failure, One un activated itself, and would refuse to reactivate. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. All were refurbished devies. So this is device number 9 I have had since I joined sprint, I think back in May/June 2013. If it compares to anything I have had 9 Devices before the Gs4, 2 basics phones, samsung blackjack, Samsung captivate, samsung infuse, Samsung gs2 skyrocket, Gs3, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy note 2, and then the gs4. It is the fault of the Advanced exchange system, it never would allow another device to be exchanged after 3. I am liking the HTC one right now, but have learn the GCI that the One reports in my area ha

Wow! Sorry to hear about all of your problems.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

• 2 weeks later...