HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Should have waited to see if they'd fix it. :( Did a hard reset and that fixed the issue for me, but had to spend a couple of hours setting my phone back up again.

You'll probably have the issue again when you updated.  Since this is a new update, you'll just go through each one until they are all done.

Well, I downloaded the latest update, and so far, it seems to have fixed the problems that the previous updates caused.

I was able to update both my Profile, and my PRL.

Also, my 4G antenna seems to be working better.

• Like 1

Well, I downloaded the latest update, and so far, it seems to have fixed the problems that the previous updates caused.

I was able to update both my Profile, and my PRL.

Also, my 4G antenna seems to be working better.

Agreed.  Updated mine this morning and while I was running around at lunchtime, I did a speed test on Sensorly and 4G was working well.  I'm about to leave and will run another test on the way home.  

I updated my Profile & PRL too, but my numbers under "About / Software Information" didn't change for the PRL.  Maybe it's not supposed too.  Dunno. 

My battery has drained a lot faster today.  Not thrilled about that.  Everything else seems to be working well though.

Peace,

DM

• Like 1

That sounds like a problem with your phone.

Personally, I would take your phone to a service center.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

It resolves itself for at least a couple of days when I reboot it, so I wouldn't say it's a hardware issue just yet.

The SIM card error is still happening for me too  :(

Same here.  Took five days after the update to show up, but it is there as of this morning.  The difference this time (compared to before the update) is I did not have data service at all when I noticed the "No SIM card" icon.  Prior to the update, I would get the icon, but 4G & 3G worked just fine.  But now, "Restart" & "Shut Down" don't fix it, but toggling "Airplane mode" on & off does seem to fix it.  

Nice try Sprint.

:td:

I had sim card error once also. After digging around the interwebs I found that others have turned off phone, removed sim, replaced sim, then restarted phone. Issue disappears as it did for me. Seems to be that the card loses contact after a bump or what not. 

I had sim card error once also. After digging around the interwebs I found that others have turned off phone, removed sim, replaced sim, then restarted phone. Issue disappears as it did for me. Seems to be that the card loses contact after a bump or what not. 

This worked for me some time ago. I believe I posted in here when it happened. I've seen the SIM error once since, but it was only for a few minutes, and cleared itself without any interaction from me.

I don't have my One with me at the moment, but you should be able to go in and check for updates and the kitkat with sense5.5 update suppose to be available.  Can anyone else verify?

http://phandroid.com/2014/01/31/sprint-is-the-first-us-carrier-to-update-the-htc-one-to-android-4-4-kitkat/

I don't have my One with me at the moment, but you should be able to go in and check for updates and the kitkat with sense5.5 update suppose to be available.  Can anyone else verify?

http://phandroid.com/2014/01/31/sprint-is-the-first-us-carrier-to-update-the-htc-one-to-android-4-4-kitkat/

"No updates available" when I tried.

HAHA ...its about time Sprint is ahead of the other carriers in something.

Just got the update this morning. The only thing I've noticed with it that I don't like is you can't change the lock screen style anymore. It appears you can add widgets by swiping right, but you can't set the main lock screen to anything specific, like you could in 4.3.

• Like 1

Just got the update this morning. The only thing I've noticed with it that I don't like is you can't change the lock screen style anymore. It appears you can add widgets by swiping right, but you can't set the main lock screen to anything specific, like you could in 4.3.

Does SignalCheck app work fine?

Does SignalCheck app work fine?

Pro seems fine for me after the 4.4.2 update. However, I think my phone's back to being confused about Mobile data being set to LTE/CDMA rather than CDMA Only here in nTelos land, like it was before the previous minor update.

David

Sent from my CM 10.1 Touchpad using Tapatalk

I'm only running the Lite version, but it appears to work fine.

I was glad to finally be able to turn Blinkfeed off and gain another home screen. I felt it should have been that way from the beginning. A full-screen widget seemed more sensible and given users more flexibility. I like the ability to set up custom settings the way you like too. I took a few things out of mine and rearranged it to be more to my liking. All in all, the update seems decent, though more seat time is needed to verify.

Updated my one to 4.4.2. I must say I am quite happy with the subtle changes. Fixes the few complaints I had that led me to the Nexus 5. If only the one was triband...may be my next device will be the next HTC if they continue their current course of business.

Here is a minor list of changes I have noticed from playing with it a little (I am no expert at these writes like some of the members here).

-Blinkfeed can be turned off.

-There are additional quick settings in the notification drag down when you go to modify the list (the order of individual settings can also be changed).

-The UI for the widgets on the lock screen are a little different (I can't remember how they were exactly prior to the update).

-The notification bar on top is transparent like on the N5 and all icons are white like the clock, battery indicator, etc.

-Hangouts is integrated into and switching to the HTC messaging app or third party messaging apps is the same process as the N5.

-There is a "Do not disturb" quick setting that can be added in the notification drop down that can also be set for a certain time limit and added exceptions.

Again, this is a quick little update, if I have left any please feel free to add or let me know I can add it in. Hope this helps, thanks guys.

• Like 1

Updated my one to 4.4.2. I must say I am quite happy with the subtle changes. Fixes the few complaints I had that led me to the Nexus 5. If only the one was triband...may be my next device will be the next HTC if they continue their current course of business.

I'm kinda glad it's not triband because then simultaneous LTE and CDMA would stop working.  :)

That's the way KitKat is. It's the same on the N5.