SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Mike, have you ever considered developing SignalCheck Pro for Windows Phone?  

No, you're actually the first to mention it I think.. many have asked for an iPhone version though. At this point, I don't think I would pursue it.. I don't have time for the Android one :) On top of that, I would have to learn a new environment and get my hands on some more phones. If there was a way to just port the Android version to iPhone and WP, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but this type of app has some very-specific routines that can't just be copied over to other platforms.

-Mike

No, you're actually the first to mention it I think.. many have asked for an iPhone version though. At this point, I don't think I would pursue it.. I don't have time for the Android one :) On top of that, I would have to learn a new environment and get my hands on some more phones. If there was a way to just port the Android version to iPhone and WP, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but this type of app has some very-specific routines that can't just be copied over to other platforms.

-Mike

I would like it for my Windows Phone.  But I assumed that Window Phone would not even begin to give you enough information to make it useful.

Robert

• Like 2

-Mike

I just purchased a Windows Phone (Lumia 1520) a few days ago to what it they were like.  After doing a little digging and tinkering I found that the ##DATA# dialer code works for the Lumia 1520 and boy are there a ton of goodies  :)

I would like it for my Windows Phone.  But I assumed that Window Phone would not even begin to give you enough information to make it useful.

Robert

Robert I have found quite a bit of info, we just need to start paying Mike full time to develop the WP SCP app.   :P

• Like 1

Oh Robert many goodies I have found, we just need to start paying Mike full time to develop the WP SCP app.   :P

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20140814_0003.jpg

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20140814_0004.jpg

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20140814_0005.jpg

Doesn't work on my AT&T 8X.  :(

Robert

Feature suggestion: I think it would be cool to have a database of Sprint market id's so that it would display in the app. It would be nice for those of us that are traveling by road. Sometimes the first three of the gci don't immediately stand out when I leave a market.

Check your location settings in your device's Settings menu -- not within SignalCheck itself. Make sure that the option to determine your location using mobile networks (it's usually separate from the GPS option) is enabled.

-Mike

000c5419178db9eea95b2a8c8a3a10d2.jpg

52f7b0ffd13d2bde4c165f73f4d27ae5.jpg

Does this look right?

Hey Mike, you have another beta tester here when you get it done. I Have the Samsung Ativ S Neo myself.

Robert I have found quite a bit of info, we just need to start paying Mike full time to develop the WP SCP app.   :P

Knock it off you two, I'm not going there! The one version I have now keeps me plenty busy. If someone steps up and volunteers to tackle my 5 remaining graduate classes, and convinces my work to cut my hours down from the 75/week I'm averaging this summer, maybe we can talk.. ;)

-Mike

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, I know you are just bubbling over with spare time, so I have a question:  I just bought a shiny new LivePro projector.  I would like to know what bands it is connecting to, but Google Play refuses to load SCP, saying that it is incompatible with my device.

Any insights?

Thanks in advance.

Mike, I know you are just bubbling over with spare time, so I have a question:  I just bought a shiny new LivePro projector.  I would like to know what bands it is connecting to, but Google Play refuses to load SCP, saying that it is incompatible with my device.

Any insights?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't gotten around to trying it with mine, but you could always side load it.

• Like 1

I am running a Sprint GS5 with CM11 and Verizon appears to be supplying my LTE to a Sprint phone.

I think it the wrong code or maybe my device/ROM is bugged. Any ideas @Mikejeep?

Well that is interesting! 311480 is Verizon, which is why you're seeing that. Moat likely there is something up with CM.. maybe they have the PLMN hardcoded to VZ for some reason. Can you send me a diagnostic report if you haven't already? I'm mobile and can't get to those on the phone.

-Mike

Mike, I know you are just bubbling over with spare time, so I have a question: I just bought a shiny new LivePro projector. I would like to know what bands it is connecting to, but Google Play refuses to load SCP, saying that it is incompatible with my device.

Google Play automatically blocks devices that don't have hardware it determines an app needs. It must be missing something that Google thinks is required. I can't override the block, but if you are rooted you can grab the APK off your phone and sideload it. Drop me an email if you can't do that.

-Mike

• Like 1

Without rooting you can still grab it from your phone and side load it. I use an app called "app backup & restore" by infolife. It's on the play store. They basically can backup the apk and you can send it to another device. Obviously doesn't work with paid apps.

• Like 1

I cannot figure it out...(and its probably because i'm slow..lol). But how do I know what LTE band I'm connected to when using this app?

I recently switched from a iPhone5s to a Galaxy S5...overall I see better speeds on the S5 (including what is obviously band 41 speeds over 70Mbps). But this is the first android phone i've had in a while, so I'm not sure how to figure this out.

Gotcha. I know I've seen B26, I just have yet to see B41 show up when I've looked. I might try disabling B26 and B25 today to force it to look for B41 just to see where it's available around here (Baltimore market).

Gotcha. I know I've seen B26, I just have yet to see B41 show up when I've looked. I might try disabling B26 and B25 today to force it to look for B41 just to see where it's available around here (Baltimore market).

You can not disable B25.