Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Up here in the North Wisconsin market, I usually drop B26 at around -115 to -118 with my G3.

Edit: No, that's roughly about what I'm at when I drop back to EVDO (give or take 5 either way)

Edited by MarshieZballer

Up here in the North Wisconsin market, I usually drop B26 at around -115 to -118 with my G3.

If I'm reading your post correctly, if its dropping off at -98 I would highly doubt it's optimized properly.

He is saying that EVDO is at -98 when B26 drops off. It'll go from a -118 B26 signal to a -98 EVDO signal.

-Anthony

• Like 1

He is saying that EVDO is at -98 when B26 drops off. It'll go from a -118 B26 signal to a -98 EVDO signal.

-Anthony

Thanks, now that you say it, I understood it!  :)

I think it's bed time... haha

• Like 1

And those are roughly equivalent signal levels on LTE and EV-DO, so the transition point is more or less appropriate.

AJ

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, I feel like Sprint's losing A LOT of revenue (from higher churn) because of these squatters.

Not a squatter, a straggler.  There is a significant difference.

AJ

Does this delay all of Southern California including San Diego?

San Diego is delayed by the Mexican IBEZ, which work is progressing on rebanding in Mexico. San Bernardino County rebanding should be complete before Mexico is done.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Any update on the Canadian IBEZ situation? Or even whether or not this God forsaken area of the country(North Dakota/Northern Minnesota) will ever see B26?

It seems to be that Canada seems to be the culprit for the most part, and I've found out that it's difficult to get any information on what's going on with the Canadian rebranding. All 800ta.org covers is the US rebranding. The ibez areas have shrunk within the last 6 months with the introduction of 1x800 for sites up to about 65 miles from the border, but no B26 so far. :(

It seems to be that Canada seems to be the culprit for the most part, and I've found out that it's difficult to get any information on what's going on with the Canadian rebranding. All 800ta.org covers is the US rebranding. The ibez areas have shrunk within the last 6 months with the introduction of 1x800 for sites up to about 65 miles from the border, but no B26 so far. :(

So it looks like Telus is shutting down their MIKE iDen network on Jan. 29, 2016. So how long will it take sprint to fire up LTE 26 here in Seattle after that? Will they be able to start right away or will we have to wait for something?

• Like 1

So it looks like Telus is shutting down their MIKE iDen network on Jan. 29, 2016. So how long will it take sprint to fire up LTE 26 here in Seattle after that? Will they be able to start right away or will we have to wait for something?

Depends on whether or not there is still conflict with Canada. Also, I believe PCS only antennas were deployed in Seattle. So those would have to be replaced along with adding an 800 RRU.

Sent from my LG G4

Depends on whether or not there is still conflict with Canada. Also, I believe PCS only antennas were deployed in Seattle. So those would have to be replaced along with adding an 800 RRU.

Sent from my LG G4

From what I've read this is it but I may be wrong. I think that sprint should start putting up 800mhz equipment now in preparation for the frequencies to become usable so that 800mhz can be turned on as soon as possible. Right now you are right, we only have 1900mhz equipment as far as I know.

Hopefully there is not also Public Safety Agencies in Canada that need clearing.

From what I've read this is it but I may be wrong. I think that sprint should start putting up 800mhz equipment now in preparation for the frequencies to become usable so that 800mhz can be turned on as soon as possible. Right now you are right, we only have 1900mhz equipment as far as I know.

I think it may be somewhat market dependant as far as 800 installation in IBEZ areas are concerned. Most of the sites in the Cleveland market already have at least the dualband antenna installed, and 1x800 lit up rather quickly in the secondary IBEZ once Sprint decided to activate it about 3 or 4 months ago.