Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Is it just me but is LTE down in Canyon hills & Canyon lake?

Seems to me it is hit or miss. When it first went live I had a solid signal at my house, now it seems to be in 3G more often.

60% of the time it works every time!

*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

Why does all my posts keep getting flaged ? For some reason im supposedly asking to many questions and juse because I said the word* gay* my account could be terminated

Wow, some folks just don't get it.

I tried to keep this out of the forums but it seems that you refuse to reply by pm, therefore let me explain something to you (as well as to others in case they are curious).

I sent you a pm to refrain from using such phrases since basically its immature and definitely not appropriate for these forums.

There are other forums for that. I also mentioned to use the search button since most of your questions have been answered. And while we are a friendly bunch and most likely will answer your questions, (regardless of how many times its been asked),  it really boils down to preventing bloating up a thread with stuff when it can easily be searched on.

Also, Not once did I ever mention termination to you in my PM for any of the aforementioned issues. I also didn't even flag you with a infraction (to which I could have since your previous comment was reported by a member as well as bringing the issue back into the forums).

So, if you or any member have an issue or a decision made by any staff member, feel free to bring up the appeal through the appropriate channels such as Private Messaging, email or if need be directly to the admin, but lets try to keep these forums clean and bloat free as possible.

TS

• Like 1

lol ragequit.

Serious question though. Is backhaul harder to bring to towers in Riverside/SBD compared to other metro areas? There seem to be a fair number of 3G approved towers already.

• Like 1

lol ragequit.

Serious question though. Is backhaul harder to bring to towers in Riverside/SBD compared to other metro areas? There seem to be a fair number of 3G approved towers already.

Sometimes there is a delay in wiring availability, or just circuit provisioning.

Sprints shareholders approved softbanks take over bid today of 78 percent of the company the deal is expected to close in early july do you think network vision will still be going ?? If so will it be faster as far upgrading all the towers ??? And will 4g lte start ramping up more coverage?? Will 4g lte advanced be more available much faster since thats what softbank uses and will virginmobile boostmobile be part of sprint/softbank,, how much is 78 percent of the sprint company like will softbank use use and own sprint towers like virginmobile does?? And do all the upgrades much faster and the company will be named sprint softbank or just sprint still?? Will unlimited be available since softbank has a 5gb data cap in japan??? Answer all my questions somebody

The new company will be called (appropriately enough) New Sprint.  It's too soon to know about the rest, but the head of Softbank supposedly got interested in buying Sprint because of the poor data experience he had with US carriers.  His goal was to create a premium experience for users.

I looks to me like all of the major and not so major carriers will have LTE by next year and they'll be more similar than different in terms of data performance (i.e. fast enough).  The next round of competition will be price.

The new company will be called (appropriately enough) New Sprint.  It's too soon to know about the rest, but the head of Softbank supposedly got interested in buying Sprint because of the poor data experience he had with US carriers.  His goal was to create a premium experience for users.

I looks to me like all of the major and not so major carriers will have LTE by next year and they'll be more similar than different in terms of data performance (i.e. fast enough).  The next round of competition will be price.

I wouldn't waste your breathe (fingers?). The particular person is long gone. Was spamming the site. 

• Like 2

Just got LTE in Ontario kinda near the airport! Mapped it on Sensorly so it should show up soon.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nice! What cross streets? Live very near so I can also try some mapping!

Near Holt Blvd & Imperial Ave. It's a weak signal but I'm indoors right now and I usually don't get the best reception in this house. Hopefully I'll be able to map more when I leave.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wouldn't waste your breathe (fingers?). The particular person is long gone. Was spamming the site. 

lol wow. So much for diplomacy and trying to be nice. I should have just gone with my first instance and banned him from the get go.

Sorry members for having to put you through that. Carry on.  :D 

• Like 1

Hopefully my comment is of interest to others as well.

In other news, I got my first taste of Sprint LTE in Los Angeles.  20Mb down/7Mb up.  I can't wait for it to roll out here in the Riverside market.  The responsiveness when on LTE is impressive.

• Like 4

Seriously unusable data at my house right now. My router went down so I was forced to use my celluar data on my phone, and it would be totally fine if I had LTE or decent 3G since I have unlimited but nope. I didn't even realize how mediocre this data is. You guys may think I'm just insulting the company (which I'm trying not to) but this is just unbelieveable. I keep going to the little circle dot everytime I try using 3G for more than a minute. And while of course im waiting for something to load on the slow 3G it goes to the circle which is 2x worse than edge. Ive gave sprint enough time to see if they have potential and they dont and i completely regret going to them regardless of cost efficiency. Either way im paying for my cell phone as might as well pay for something thats actually usable.

Seriously unusable data at my house right now. My router went down so I was forced to use my celluar data on my phone, and it would be totally fine if I had LTE or decent 3G since I have unlimited but nope. I didn't even realize how mediocre this data is. You guys may think I'm just insulting the company (which I'm trying not to) but this is just unbelieveable. I keep going to the little circle dot everytime I try using 3G for more than a minute. And while of course im waiting for something to load on the slow 3G it goes to the circle which is 2x worse than edge. Ive gave sprint enough time to see if they have potential and they dont and i completely regret going to them regardless of cost efficiency. Either way im paying for my cell phone as might as well pay for something thats actually usable.

Your post is considered a rant and thus a violation of S4GRU posting rules that all members agree to upon signing up. 

Specifically this section...

Negative comments. Negative comments about Sprint and/or S4GRU are allowed. However, negative comments must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently and cannot have an attack tone. Rants will not be allowed. We do not host Sprint's complaints. Complaints about Sprint should be directed to their customer service channels.

Criticism of Sprints service is allowed here but it must be constructive in nature and be contributing to the thread. We all know that legacy Sprint is abysmal so we don't need to clutter the thread with complaints about the legacy network. 

Tim

• Like 2

Sprint is hardly dead. In fact, the Softbank deal being approved makes it less likely they're going away any time soon. All that's left now is to buy the rest of Clearwire...

Which, in case you missed it on Wednesday, just got 1 step closer to being complete with Dish finally backing off.  :)

Edited by smotrs

I doubt any work will be done during the summer on the south parts of Riverside county with these temperatures, as of right now I'm in 125 degrees from the Coachella valley :(

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

So today I noticed 4G light up on my phone in Moreno Valley beside March Air Force Base on Riverside Dr near Alessandro Blvd and also at Heacock and Alessandro. Tried to do a speed test but didn't keep long enough (was driving). Will attempt to map it tomorrow unless someone beats me.

I ended up mapping the LTE I found off of Riverside Dr in Moreno Valley near March AFB today. I wasn't able to get a signal for what I found off of Alessandro and Heacock again. Has anyone saw any more 4G in Moreno Valley?

Here is a speed test I did:

post-9272-0-80514700-1372903684_thumb.png

I ended up mapping the LTE I found off of Riverside Dr in Moreno Valley near March AFB today. I wasn't able to get a signal for what I found off of Alessandro and Heacock again. Has anyone saw any more 4G in Moreno Valley?

Here is a speed test I did:

I was getting 4g going down iris near heacock. Speeds were around 7 Mbps. Hopefully they update the tower on kitching/JFK soon.

Visited the shakeys on Sierra in fontana and the LTE was decent. I was getting 1-2 bars between 2-5mbps down and .50-2mbps up. The only problem was it switched between 3G and LTE sometimes. It was irritating because i was on the Internet and it would switch down to the .05-.30mbps speed of 3G sometimes. I know its still not officially released but tmobile has their 4g lte here not officially released too and my cousin is getting between 6-15mbpsdown and 3-8mbps up. So hopefully the LTE speeds kick up a notch.

I wonder what is the hold up here in Riverside County it just a mess with the towers lately...I was down in Temecula for the Fourth of July Fireworks at Ronald Regan park and both 4g and 3g was down BIG time...my poor note had no data connectivity ...and this was most of temecula too...

I wonder what is the hold up here in Riverside County it just a mess with the towers lately...I was down in Temecula for the Fourth of July Fireworks at Ronald Regan park and both 4g and 3g was down BIG time...my poor note had no data connectivity ...and this was most of temecula too...

I was also there and the only time I had no connectivity was at Ronald Reagan the rest of Temecula was fine. That place was so packed it was like a concert the towers got overloaded and booted us off and don't think it was just sprint I had a friend with a Verizon mifi that had full LTE signal and the data connectivity was useless also to be honest when the network put me back on 3g as the fireworks were going off it was faster than Verizon's overloaded LTE. You can't complain for how many people were there it was nuts and my first time going.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1