Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

I wonder what is the hold up here in Riverside County it just a mess with the towers lately...I was down in Temecula for the Fourth of July Fireworks at Ronald Regan park and both 4g and 3g was down BIG time...my poor note had no data connectivity ...and this was most of temecula too...

And I dont see how you had any 4G at the park when both my evo lte and lg viper had no lte connection. 3G only.

Mapped a little more today in Moreno Valley. The best speeds I've seen so far are 16.65 down and 5 up on Indian. Anyone else mapping Moreno Valley yet?

I was the first one to map that area off of Harley Knox I'm surprised it reaches that far

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was the first one to map that area off of Harley Knox I'm surprised it reaches that far

Yea, it is slowly spreading. Service is still not that great though. It's hard to get it to stay on 4G but, I'm sure in a few more weeks things will be a lot better.

Yea, it is slowly spreading. Service is still not that great though. It's hard to get it to stay on 4G but, I'm sure in a few more weeks things will be a lot better.
there are so many completed towers just waiting on backhaul things will start picking up soon

there are so many completed towers just waiting on backhaul things will start picking up soon

So those completed towers just show as 3G on the Sponsor maps right? And when they get the backhaul connected they will just turn on the LTE or does it require another visit from technicians?

About 2 weeks ago I noticed a fiber optic data truck on the 15 fwy doing some work in Fontana near a 3G only Tower. And that area has LTE live about 2 miles north and south of it on the 15..

Does anyone know if this is a Sprint tower off of 60 and Redlands Blvd in Moreno Valley? I drove by and saw someone in a boom lift working on it. Hoping some 4G is coming to this side of town!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.940767,-117.163498&ll=33.940886,-117.163534&spn=0.001064,0.001635&safe=off&hnear=0x80db586d5c571a93:0xfd3a6decbff9e1e2,33.940767,-117.163498&gl=us&t=h&z=20

Does anyone know if this is a Sprint tower off of 60 and Redlands Blvd in Moreno Valley? I drove by and saw someone in a boom lift working on it. Hoping some 4G is coming to this side of town!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.940767,-117.163498&ll=33.940886,-117.163534&spn=0.001064,0.001635&safe=off&hnear=0x80db586d5c571a93:0xfd3a6decbff9e1e2,33.940767,-117.163498&gl=us&t=h&z=20

I live in an area where 4g lte has been turned on for nearby previously 3g accepted towers for several months now, however, I find my phone to still connects to 3g the majority of time.  I would be fine with the 3g connection if it were consistently 0.5mb/s and above, BUT 3g speeds have NOT improved since 4g lte. I find most of the time my 3g connection runs less than 160kb/s. I thought once 4g came online, 3g speeds would improve. Why hasn't it, and should I ever expect it to improve? Please forgive me if I this has already been answered (I'm sure it has, but I couldn't find it with the search terms "3g faster 4g"). Thanks

I live in an area where 4g lte has been turned on for nearby previously 3g accepted towers for several months now, however, I find my phone to still connects to 3g the majority of time.  I would be fine with the 3g connection if it were consistently 0.5mb/s and above, BUT 3g speeds have NOT improved since 4g lte. I find most of the time my 3g connection runs less than 160kb/s. I thought once 4g came online, 3g speeds would improve. Why hasn't it, and should I ever expect it to improve? Please forgive me if I this has already been answered (I'm sure it has, but I couldn't find it with the search terms "3g faster 4g"). 

Sprint turns on 3G updated sites in clusters meaning that a bunch of towers are turned on at the same time to avoid having interference with other legacy sites. When a 3G site has been marked as accepted it means that the equipment  has passed inspection but not necessarily turned on to broadcast 3G. Hope it helps

• Like 1

Looks like they're doing work on the tower by Baseline and H in San Bernardino. I'll go from 1.5+ down one minute then <.15 the next. But before this I've never gotten speeds that high here before so it's progress.

I called customer support out of curiosity and they said they were in fact working on it and it should be done by the 12th. I just wasn't LTE at home already

Looks like they're doing work on the tower by Baseline and H in San Bernardino. I'll go from 1.5+ down one minute then <.15 the next. But before this I've never gotten speeds that high here before so it's progress.

I called customer support out of curiosity and they said they were in fact working on it and it should be done by the 12th. I just wasn't LTE at home already

Why do you need LTE at home?

I just got LTE here in fontana for a few minutes in my house!! then it went away. I got 5mbps down and 1mbps up. I live on the cross streets of live oak and walmac pl. in southridge. Im guessing they are just testing it right now but hopefully they get it turned on. The nearest tower is the one across the street from kaiser high school so it must have been that tower

And 3G here is getting a little bit better. Im now getting up to .55mbps down! Its crap but ive never gotten that high before. Lol its always been .00-.25 down or it would be so bad that it would say test failed. The bars are still the same with 1-2 but data is getting a little better. My hopes are for that LTE that turned on for like 3min. C'mon sprint!

Well im guessing they kept the tower on across kaiser high school here in fontana. Im getting LTE in my living room and kitchen. And sometimes in my upstairs hallway. Its kind of spotty so it turns back to 3G sometimes. I got a peak of 12mbps down! But usually around 2-7mbps down. Hopefully it gets better so i can use it instead of my slow wifi. I dont get the LTE in my room so its lacking building penetration.

• Like 1

Well at least you know you'll be getting it real soon!B-)

Yah it was on and off yesterday. But i guess where my house is, its barely getting the LTE because it switches to 3g often. The tower is about a mile away.

Alot of more LTE coverage in the Coachella valley with in this week :) , I'll try to map it, just glad I have some at the College, wifi is only decent in the summer courses :/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Alot of more LTE coverage in the Coachella valley with in this week :) , I'll try to map it, just glad I have some at the College, wifi is only decent in the summer courses :/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like they're finally starting to turn things on.  I've yet to get 4G in my area but I've been seeing some error messages on my phone in the morning indicating a data outage overnight.  I'll take that as a positive sign that work is being done. :-)