Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Just think Milwaukeeans (Milwaukeeites?), with all the people leaving Sprint in droves in SE Wisconsin, you'll have the new blazing network all to yourselves!

I cannot make any excuses for Sprint in Milwaukee. They are just plain late. Much later than originally planned. And since it is a Samsung market, it confuses me. Samsung is the most aggressive of all the OEM's. They are already starting or started some 4th Round markets and plans to be starting all markets by early Summer.

Why does Milwaukee continue to languish? I don't know. It's painful to watch from here. There has to be a specific problem there preventing a start. I'd love to know what it is. I've reached out to a Samsung engineer who has provided us info in the past. Hopefully he'll have some info, even though he works on another region. I'll report back should I find out more.

I do believe early work has started in the market. But will not feel confident without you guys starting to see activity in the field.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I'm looking forward to hearing from that Samsung guy. Being a Sprint customer in the Milwaukee market is very frustrating...

• Like 1

Wonder if admin are getting frustrated with the constant complaining and questions of Milwaukee users :)

If Robert was, and you'd be all banned for 7 days and this thread closed for eternity. =)

Don't ask me how I know this xD

Wonder if admin are getting frustrated with the constant complaining and questions of Milwaukee users :)

No. I can handle this type of complaining. I understand. It's when people get ugly about it or angry or start ranting or keep posting the same thing over and over. Then I get frustrated.

Also, I don't suspend people for complaining. I suspend people for not accepting warnings, fighting with staff publicly, mistreating other members, or significant violations of our posting guidelines.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to hearing from that Samsung guy. Being a Sprint customer in the Milwaukee market is very frustrating...

I'm grasping at straws because I don't want to assume Sprint doesn't value our market. Merger with another carrier in this region? I know the US Cellular thing has been talked about, but I'm grasping at straws to explain what doesn't make sense. Is the network here a big mess and needs a lot of work before hand?

I'm grasping at straws because I don't want to assume Sprint doesn't value our market. Merger with another carrier in this region? I know the US Cellular thing has been talked about, but I'm grasping at straws to explain what doesn't make sense. Is the network here a big mess and needs a lot of work before hand?

I can't explain the delay, but from something that Robert posted a while ago, it sounds like the Milwaukee and north Wisconsin markets would see upgrades at the same time, just lie the Michigan markets. This week north Wisconsin sites started going live, so I'm guessing out won't be long before the Milwaukee markets starts to see sites go live with LTE.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I can't explain the delay, but from something that Robert posted a while ago, it sounds like the Milwaukee and north Wisconsin markets would see upgrades at the same time, just lie the Michigan markets. This week north Wisconsin sites started going live, so I'm guessing out won't be long before the Milwaukee markets starts to see sites go live with LTE.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Wow! I guess I will have to keep spamming/twitting @sprintcares about the horrible internet speeds in Madison. This morning, it's fine, but in 2 hours, I might be lucky enough to get 112 down and 20 up. I guess more screen shots is due.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Well, like Dkoellerwx said, I think it is encouraging to see that an LTE accepted site popped up in Northern Wisconsin. I'm sure Sprint is well aware of their data capacity issues. I bet the little cash bump from Softbank will give them the ability to speed up the process a little bit and maybe have more crews working at the same time. It's been a long wait for Milwaukee, but it'll be coming soon! And it will be worth it. I was like a little kid in a candy store when I went down to Chicago for a weekend recently and got to experience the LTE down there.

Well, like Dkoellerwx said, I think it is encouraging to see that an LTE accepted site popped up in Northern Wisconsin. I'm sure Sprint is well aware of their data capacity issues. I bet the little cash bump from Softbank will give them the ability to speed up the process a little bit and maybe have more crews working at the same time. It's been a long wait for Milwaukee, but it'll be coming soon! And it will be worth it. I was like a little kid in a candy store when I went down to Chicago for a weekend recently and got to experience the LTE down there.

I was up in Tomah this weekend, and they have LTE, which was blazing! It was really hard to come back to buffering....buffering...buffering....buffering when I was listening to Pandora.

I spoke to an acquaintance that works at the New Berlin Sprint Switch. He works for Ericsson. He confirmed that Network Vision is only happening in North Wisconsin Markets at this time.

I know him from when he worked for Sprint and we go to the same comic book store. I saw him at C2E2 in Chicago on Sunday and that's what he told me. Anything Network Vision related happeing in South Wisconsin is simply prep work. No real work on it has been done.

I spoke to an acquaintance that works at the New Berlin Sprint Switch. He works for Ericsson. He confirmed that Network Vision is only happening in North Wisconsin Markets at this time.

I know him from when he worked for Sprint and we go to the same comic book store. I saw him at C2E2 in Chicago on Sunday and that's what he told me. Anything Network Vision related happeing in South Wisconsin is simply prep work. No real work on it has been done.

Uggg! And I just saw that people in Point are getting LTE.....Thanks for the info....it seems like I will have to go north to get LTE.....

Pathetic. You'd think they would at least add it around Miller Park to give us hope!

Wow! I guess I will have to keep spamming/twitting @sprintcares about the horrible internet speeds in Madison. This morning, it's fine, but in 2 hours, I might be lucky enough to get 112 down and 20 up. I guess more screen shots is due.

Go easy on them. One of them went out of her way to assist me in a major signal issue and has kept me as current as possibe with some of the upgrades going on around Milwaukee - although this forum fills in the gaps.

I'm going to get a call back from someone from Dan@sprint.com's office tonight around 5pm (third time in 6 years I've done this :) ). I sent him/them a rather lengthy email with specific points of coverage (lack there of) and a few other items. I know it won't help at all as those people have less information about things than even the entry level CSRs, but it'll sure make me feel good afterwards.

Go easy on them. One of them went out of her way to assist me in a major signal issue and has kept me as current as possibe with some of the upgrades going on around Milwaukee - although this forum fills in the gaps.

Great but to what effect? I've done the same but nothing rectified the horrible throughput speeds.

Great but to what effect? I've done the same but nothing rectified the horrible throughput speeds.

It took some time (over a month) to nail the problem down FIRMLY to a tower near me (SID 630). Their remote software was reporting normal operation during the hours of 1500 to about 0200. It was when an engineer dug a little deeper that the actual problem was discovered. The site was due for some upgrade (prep work for LTE, maybe?) and they bumped that site to the top of their list and it was fixed swiftly after that. Great data throughput, strong signals and no more flippy floppy between Sprint towers and roaming.

Now I just have a minor problem at my office (Moorland & Calhoun area) and near the Waukesha Co. courthouse.

I live near the courthouse and the signal here is awful.

Yeah it's pretty crappy. It's worse by the communications center.

I can go on about the problem I had. It went from a bad signal issue to a really nice credit, to a HUGE problem with my credit card thanks to Sprint, to all is perfect and happy with a new phone and a even bigger credit.

If this is accurate, I really hope when they start work they have enough resources to get it done fast. AT&T, Verizon, and even US Cellular have LTE here for Pete's sake! So frustrating...better light up 800 right away too!

• Like 1

If this is accurate, I really hope when they start work they have enough resources to get it done fast. AT&T, Verizon, and even US Cellular have LTE here for Pete's sake! So frustrating...better light up 800 right away too!

I've been scouring (sorta) the topics here and find no real reason why we're so delayed in getting this upgrade? Is there a real reason why the Milwaukee market is so late?

Edited by Jeffas332

Same here. Trying to appease my appetite for Sprint NV knowledge for my market. I've thought about it, but really can't come to a solution that makes perfect sense. The Chicago market is pretty much done, so it's not a resource issue. Back haul maybe? AT&T has been jerking us around at work with contract stuff and my employer is not happy about the length of time for deployment of a new fiber line. I don't know man...it's like the cell phone gods are intentionally trying to screw us!

I know in the end that the wait will be worth it. In the mean time....I'm waiting for a triband device as my contract is up...

Edited by Jswets
  • Like 1

THE FIRST THREE SITES WERE ACCEPTED IN THE MILWAUKEE MARKET TODAY!!!

All three are LTE. They will be shown in the NV Sites Complete Map for Sponsors in an hour or so. Congratulations!!!!

Robert

:jester:

• Like 6

And this is why S4GRU is the place for Sprint NV information. It was I feel like months ago that Robert posted that the North Wisconsin and Milwaukee markets would run at the same time. And what do you know!

All three are LTE. They will be shown in the NV Sites Complete Map for Sponsors in an hour or so. Congratulations!!!!

Robert

• Like 3

Robert

How quickly, after acceptance, do sites go live?