Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I have all the insight on which city is getting done.

Wausua is done, Union Grove should be done, Kenosha/Racine next

and....today is River Hills,WI

So are they just waiting for back haul to light up? I'm in Wausau all the time and haven't seen it on my Evo or Gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have all the insight on which city is getting done.

Wausua is done, Union Grove should be done, Kenosha/Racine next

and....today is River Hills,WI

I did drive past the one and only site that actually sits in River Hills today and saw numerous people at the base of the tower.

So are they just waiting for back haul to light up? I'm in Wausau all the time and haven't seen it on my Evo or Gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just what I'm thinking, I live in Wausau and still nothing here, I went by one site and the backhaul is ready at that site. Wonder what they are waiting on.. Spring? Wonder where everyone seems to be getting the wrong info from.

I did drive past the one and only site that actually sits in River Hills today and saw numerous people at the base of the tower.

See told you.

Just what I'm thinking, I live in Wausau and still nothing here, I went by one site and the backhaul is ready at that site. Wonder what they are waiting on.. Spring? Wonder where everyone seems to be getting the wrong info from.

I know its all done, now its up to Sprint on when to turn it on. Who knows, maybe they have some sort of switch or something.

Again guys, and ladies...I really do appreciate this info but how to separate noise from (LTE) fact? How do we know this work scattered throughout WI isn't (just) 3G upgrades (capacity and speed) vs. LTE upgrades?

Again guys, and ladies...I really do appreciate this info but how to separate noise from (LTE) fact? How do we know this work scattered throughout WI isn't (just) 3G upgrades (capacity and speed) vs. LTE upgrades?

Because i work for the company doing the installs. LOL

There are no sites in Wausau, Madison, Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee or Waukesha that have been accepted complete yet by Sprint. Although work has started, LTE is not imminent. There have only been two sites accepted in Wisconsin markets...one in Irma (which is a GMO) and one in Sheboygan (full build).

There are dozens of sites worked on or being worked on. And there have been many GMO sites worked on, especially. And as each site is inspected, given a correction list, the correction list gets fixed and reinspection occurs and is accepted, these sites will go live. It's not as if they are done and sitting there, just waiting for a switch to be flipped.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

There are no sites in Wausau, Madison, Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee or Waukesha that have been accepted complete yet by Sprint. Although work has started, LTE is not imminent. There have only been two sites accepted in Wisconsin markets...one in Irma (which is a GMO) and one in Sheboygan (full build).

There are dozens of sites worked on or being worked on. And there have been many GMO sites worked on, especially. And as each site is inspected, given a correction list, the correction list gets fixed and reinspection occurs and is accepted, these sites will go live. It's not as if they are done and sitting there, just waiting for a switch to be flipped.

Are you saying backhaul or whatever kind of work to the madison/milwaukee sites have most likely started?

Are you saying backhaul or whatever kind of work to the madison/milwaukee sites have most likely started?

I was referring to actual site equipment installation in my post. But yes, backhaul is underway too.

Im guessing part of the work to be completed is backhaul. They were ramping up for some massive fiber pulls, and all I can get from recieving guys is its for cell towers. No specific carriers were mentioned.

I can't badger the guys too much. They get enough from local citizens.

Either way it seems Sprint will finish LTE before AT&T even rolls out 3g outside Wausau.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Im not trying to be a d*ck or anything but according to who??? I literally know which jobs will start and when. I know what company is subcontracting us to do these jobs. I know when these jobs are complete. I know which materials is being used for each job. And who did you say you worked for again?

Do i believe the work is done? Yes. Do i believe there is swtich? Not necessarily, but sprint does have power to turn on/off. Im starting to imagine three guys trying to pull a lever with a massive pipe wrench. LOL

Im not trying to be a d*ck or anything but according to who??? I literally know which jobs will start and when. I know what company is subcontracting us to do these jobs. I know when these jobs are complete. I know which materials is being used for each job. And who did you say you worked for again?

Do i believe the work is done? Yes. Do i believe there is swtich? Not necessarily, but sprint does have power to turn on/off. Im starting to imagine three guys trying to pull a lever with a massive pipe wrench. LOL

We receive reports from sources within Sprint when sites are inspected and accepted as complete. So it's according to Sprint.

In our Sponsors section we have maps that show every accepted site in the country. To date, no sites have been accepted in the Milwaukee market. Only two have been accepted in the North Wisconsin market. There have been quite a few accepted in the Wisconsin portion of the Minnesota market.

• Like 2

I understand the difference between equipment being installed and sprint accepting a site as complete, I have simply been interested in hearing where equipment has been installed to gain an understanding of where LTE is even possible at this point in the Milwaukee area.

• Like 1

We just had new fiber circuit pulled into my office and it took AT&T no less than 5 months to finish from the date the contract was signed. The actual work only took about a month, but that it was a several mile pull. Probably lots of that going on, and I'm sure this crappy spring hasn't helped either...

I thought Sprint Launched La Cross, WI or is this market consider some where in MN

I thought Sprint Launched La Cross, WI or is this market consider some where in MN

Yes, LaCrosse and Eau Claire are in the Minnesota market.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

This is site "Ml17xc186E" It is on Waterford between 6th and 13th St. This is a Sprint only tower. This is the second time I have seen a tower being connected to a telephone line underground (the other one was on the tower on 43rd and Loomis Rd basically by the north bound Loomis Road exit). Where in the process of updating a tower would work like this be done?