Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

? Isn't the game already live in front of you?

There is an MLB At Bat app and MLB At the Park app that allow you to see recent plays, scores, pitch counts, and stream the gameday audio to hear Uecker that are available. Too bad it doesnt work at Miller Park. You get a strong signal but absolutely no bandwidth. I was at the game the other day and texts were not even going through.

There is an MLB At Bat app and MLB At the Park app that allow you to see recent plays, scores, pitch counts, and stream the gameday audio to hear Uecker that are available. Too bad it doesnt work at Miller Park. You get a strong signal but absolutely no bandwidth. I was at the game the other day and texts were not even going through.

Miller Park doesn't have free wifi? Maybe we're still a few years from every park having it. If they have this replay app and other features out, you would think they would make ballpark wifi a priority.

I was using the mlb tv last season from my seats when I was a 10 pack ticket holder. I was still useing the og evo 4g, and had great wimax speeds at my seats and had no proublem streaming the live games on my phone.

Looks like LTE is coming to the South Side (near 6th & Becher, Milwaukee). I noticed my GS3 has been flipping to roaming mode and back. (Non roaming Base Station ID 630, Roaming Base Station ID 30961) so I decided to get a couple field test apps to see why. Turns out BOTH stations are eHRPD! I've attached screen shots. To be honest, I have ZERO clue what the screen shots say, I had to do a lil research to figure out the basics. If anyone can explain the finer points, that would be great. I have an Airave that's been active and running but my GS3 REFUSES to camp on it today. I would imagine it will after work on the tower is complete.

EDITED: I can't upload photos for some reason. I'll post them as soon as I'm able.

Edited by Jeffas332

Looks like LTE is coming to the South Side (near 6th & Becher, Milwaukee). I noticed my GS3 has been flipping to roaming mode and back. (Non roaming Base Station ID 630, Roaming Base Station ID 30961) so I decided to get a couple field test apps to see why. Turns out BOTH stations are eHRPD! I've attached screen shots. To be honest, I have ZERO clue what the screen shots say, I had to do a lil research to figure out the basics. If anyone can explain the finer points, that would be great. I have an Airave that's been active and running but my GS3 REFUSES to camp on it today. I would imagine it will after work on the tower is complete.

EDITED: I can't upload photos for some reason. I'll post them as soon as I'm able.

Here are the screen shots:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=AEB715D107B9C9BA&id=AEB715D107B9C9BA!281 (This is the roaming tower)

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=AEB715D107B9C9BA&id=AEB715D107B9C9BA!280 (This is the Sprint tower that always gives me problems)

• Like 1

......Too bad it doesnt work at Miller Park. You get a strong signal but absolutely no bandwidth. I was at the game the other day and texts were not even going through.

Same deal here when I was there this last Saturday the 20th. I had full bars but couldn't use data and texts were really delayed. I didn't get a text from 6pm until I was walking back to bus after the game.

I have been in Milwaukee the last 2 weekends though and have seen what appears to be shiny new white panels on towers in multiple places. I have also seen work equipment at sites, as well as guys up on towers.

So i saw an article awhile back about the top 10 worst markets for Cell phone coverage. Milwaukee was in the top 10. I'm curious if this will be a good reason for Sprint to put 800 coverage into effect right away as the towers come online with NV.

Sure hope so. I tried Sprint for a week last month with an iPhone 5. Network data performance was , in a word, dreadful.

You aint whisteling Dixie, my friend. I'm experiencing pretty major problems right now. These problems are recent in my part of Milwaukee. Back in early March, I started seeing inconsistancies in service but only during a block of time, from 1500 till about 0230 or so on any given day. The rep I was working with, Christy McClurg, did a lot of research and reaching out to find out that it was a capacity issue and she said that the tower was about to be upgraded at any time. She sent an Airave to my home and while it worked for others, it didn't work for my phone, a GS2E4GT. As time mounted, I asked for a service credit. She suggested I get the credit and since I was close to an upgrade, authorized the upgrade to a GS3 at a steeply discounted price..

Once the GS3 arrived, it worked wonderfully with the Airave. But as of last Saturday (20 Apr 13) the GS3 stopped camping on the Airave and now hops around from tower to tower (some Sprint, some roaming and Airave, PRL & profile updated) without any real rhyme or reason. The tower closest to me was EVDO-Rev A data, but now it's reporting eHRPD data. However, when I move to another area of the city, like my office, I experience no issues whatsoever.

Yeah, my phone has started to consistently be on 1x and my data has been slower lately, when they are working on towers, does the phone performance get worse?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yeah, my phone has started to consistently be on 1x and my data has been slower lately, when they are working on towers, does the phone performance get worse?

According to the conatct I'm in touch with at Sprint, there is sometimes a performance problem with capacity and signal strength while they're working. My question is this: Once work has begun to upgrade a tower to NV, how long does it take to complete, including any necessary inspections and acceptance from Sprint?

I watched the Chicago thread when they were receiving upgrades and network issues are common place with tower upgrades. I have been seeing some inconsistency as well with my signal where i would normally not have a problem. The issues i have been having could be from work being done to the towers. Time will tell. Lets hope we see our first tower come online with LTE...soon.

• Like 2

According to the contact I'm in touch with at Sprint, there is sometimes a performance problem with capacity and signal strength while they're working. My question is this: Once work has begun to upgrade a tower to NV, how long does it take to complete, including any necessary inspections and acceptance from Sprint?

I watched the Chicago thread when they were receiving upgrades and network issues are common place with tower upgrades. I have been seeing some inconsistency as well with my signal where I would normally not have a problem. The issues I have been having could be from work being done to the towers. Time will tell. Lets hope we see our first tower come online with LTE...soon.

I live in the Chicago thread [well, technically, not in the thread, but in the area], and can attest that there have been some problems during the upgrade process, as the crews mount and connect the new hardware and do all the testing and adjustments. There have been problems with connections, signal strength, texting, time-of-day, and others. But, they are normally not too devastating, nor do they seem to last for more than a couple of days at a time.

As to how long it takes for things to go live, I have heard of cases where it was only a couple of weeks from the visible start of work (I say "visible", because there is much behind-the-scenes design, permitting, hardware sourcing, etc.), and others where it has been much longer. 2 examples from my part of Chicagoland: I bought my GS3 in October, and on the way home from Best Buy, passed a crew working on a tower near Wonder Lake, IL. That tower went live with 4G and 800 about 12 weeks later. On the other hand, towers in Crystal Lake where I live were reported to have 3G NV upgrades in September, yet do not have 4G after more than 6 months, neither on the sponsor map nor on Sensorly. (2 of the 3 do have 800SMR, but for some reason, their upgrades have not shown up on the sponsor map.)

So, It could be a short time or it could be a longer time. But when it arrives, the results are amazing. And I am hoping right along with you because my daughter lives near UWM, and she is harassing me mercilessly about Sprint. (But I pay for her phone, so she can't be too merciless.)

• Like 1

... And I am hoping right along with you because my daughter lives near UWM, and she is harassing me mercilessly about Sprint. (But I pay for her phone, so she can't be too merciless.)

When it comes to new gizmos and dealiebobs, I'm all about instant gratification. So I completely understand your daughter's need for speed. :)

Back in like November, my tower (at PD and Seminole) in Madison had like zero voice and text service. I called Sprint, obviously, and they told me it was for NV upgrades and LTE. However, after more calls and conversation, they back tracked on this and said it was for non NV related issues.

So, I'm not sure anything NV was done (speeds are still abysmal here) since no sites have been accepted as complete in our area according to Robert.

I have nothing new to report. Here's a shot of our tower as of today 4/22/13

4a6y5yha.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Work will likely start after the New Year. Milwaukee is definitely due.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Does nv work happen on towers at night time? I was running speed test's in my apartment at midnight last night. One test I was getting 2.5 meg down with full bars, the next test would not even connect to 3g, down to only one bar, and couldnt get a 3g connection for 30 minutes. My friend accross town also had the same issues on the tower he connects to at home, at night. Otherwise I have no issues during day time. I know the switch from legacy equipment to nv equipment in Chicago had connection issues, thats why I ask.

Edited by mr.phoneguy

Does nv work happen on towers at night time? I was running speed test's in my apartment at midnight last night. One test I was getting 2.5 meg down with full bars' date=' the next test would not even connect to 3g, down to only one bar, and couldnt get a 3g connection for 30 minutes. My friend accross town also had the same issues on the tower he connects to at home, at night. Otherwise I have no issues during day time. I know the switch from legacy equipment to nv equipment in Chicago had connection issues, thats why I ask.[/quote']

I had the same problem lastnight. Phone showed I had 3g but no data. My friends phone on the same network only had 1x not sure what was going on.

Just talked to a Sprint rep and he informed me that they are completing 3g upgrades on the towers in the area and that is why my data has been shady lately.... Won't be long before the lte work gets in full gear...

Just talked to a Sprint rep and he informed me that they are completing 3g upgrades on the towers in the area and that is why my data has been shady lately.... Won't be long before the lte work gets in full gear...

I would take that with a grain of salt. You will most likely find that there is more info on this site about upgrades than any rep knows about. I just want 800 coverage and LTE data so i can actually use apps without waiting, buffering, freezing, or failing to load.