Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

They were putting up new panels on the water tower in whitefish bay today. I will try and take a pic today. I don't know if sprint is on the water tower or the cell tower next to the water tower.

• Like 1

Yesterday morning, at the tower right by my house in Fitchburg, WI (Near Seminole Hwy / PD), I saw a mess of trucks near the base and people on the tower. I was pretty excited and wanted to detour my run over there and ask a lot of questions, but its contained within a power station so you can't really get close to it at all. Does anyone know the name of the companies subcontracted in the Madison Area? Is there anyway to know this information?

I believe this is one of Sprint's biggest towers in the Madison area. I'm hopeful that this means something is going in. They have already done "capacity", "speed" and "voice" upgrades about 6 months ago according to network.sprint.com. Now the tower is absent on that page so I'm assuming that we will start to see more with the current activity?? It could be unrelated at all. I still can't imagine a future where Sprint is good here.

Yesterday morning, at the tower right by my house in Fitchburg, WI (Near Seminole Hwy / PD), I saw a mess of trucks near the base and people on the tower. I was pretty excited and wanted to detour my run over there and ask a lot of questions, but its contained within a power station so you can't really get close to it at all. Does anyone know the name of the companies subcontracted in the Madison Area? Is there anyway to know this information?

I believe this is one of Sprint's biggest towers in the Madison area. I'm hopeful that this means something is going in. They have already done "capacity", "speed" and "voice" upgrades about 6 months ago according to network.sprint.com. Now the tower is absent on that page so I'm assuming that we will start to see more with the current activity?? It could be unrelated at all. I still can't imagine a future where Sprint is good here.

Are you referring too the tower behind the Rocky rococo?

Or on the Amc theater side of Seminole?

here is a pic of the cedarburg site . you can see cables attached to the tower. and it looks like the south sector has been upgraded. https://www.dropbox.com/s/amhrbm0un931099/cedarburg.jpg

here is a pick of the whitefishbay water tower. yesterday the north side panels were installed. today they were working on the east side. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf36p10wkgai8et/whitefish.jpg

here is a pic of the cedarburg site . you can see cables attached to the tower. and it looks like the south sector has been upgraded. https://www.dropbox.com/s/amhrbm0un931099/cedarburg.jpg

here is a pick of the whitefishbay water tower. yesterday the north side panels were installed. today they were working on the east side. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf36p10wkgai8et/whitefish.jpg

Let the good times roll!

Any update on that town on PD?

There was no activity there this am. I don't see any new equipment either. I'll try to send a pic if I get a good shot. Maybe someone can identify what might be the correct equipment.

This is site "Ml17xc186E" It is on Waterford between 6th and 13th St. This is a Sprint only tower. This is the second time I have seen a tower being connected to a telephone line underground (the other one was on the tower on 43rd and Loomis Rd basically by the north bound Loomis Road exit). Where in the process of updating a tower would work like this be done?

Anyone?

They were putting up new panels on the water tower in whitefish bay today. I will try and take a pic today. I don't know if sprint is on the water tower or the cell tower next to the water tower.

I saw this last week when i drove by Bayshore mall. Clearly can see new panels on the tower. I flipped airplane mode hoping i would catch some LTE but my luck is obviously not that great. When im over in Whitefish Bay again i will try and grab some photos and test airplane mode again. We should be seeing our first LTE in the area "soon".

I saw this last week when i drove by Bayshore mall. Clearly can see new panels on the tower. I flipped airplane mode hoping i would catch some LTE but my luck is obviously not that great. When im over in Whitefish Bay again i will try and grab some photos and test airplane mode again. We should be seeing our first LTE in the area "soon".

That's great news! I was just thinking this thread has been quiet for the past week or so. Seems like the quiet before the storm that is LTE goodness. Glad Milwaukee is moving forward, just hope Madison isn't too far behind.

There was no activity there this am. I don't see any new equipment either. I'll try to send a pic if I get a good shot. Maybe someone can identify what might be the correct equipment.

I drove past that tower yesterday. I didn't see any activity or new equipment, I did see a few pieces of heavy machinery sitting idol however.

I was in Chicago this last weekend with my Evo LTE and oh man, was it glorious! I just kept running speed test after speed test. I can't wait for that sweet sweet LTE goodness in Milwaukee.

speed.jpg

• Like 1

I was in Chicago this last weekend with my Evo LTE and oh man, was it glorious! I just kept running speed test after speed test. I can't wait for that sweet sweet LTE goodness in Milwaukee.

Don't let AJ catch you!!! :D

• Like 2

So would you guys with knowledge of work being done on the towers and the "inside information" anticipate an LTE Milwaukee rollout earlier than what I was told yesterday on the phone by a Sprint CSR, "End of 2013, early 2014"?

So would you guys with knowledge of work being done on the towers and the "inside information" anticipate an LTE Milwaukee rollout earlier than what I was told yesterday on the phone by a Sprint CSR, "End of 2013, early 2014"?

As far as a launch goes, that's probably pretty accurate. Likely the very first LTE signals will go live sometime in May or June. But it will take at least 6 months of deployment for a market launch.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

As far as a launch goes, that's probably pretty accurate. Likely the very first LTE signals will go live sometime in May or June. But it will take at least 6 months of deployment for a market launch.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

That is what i have been thinking. I'm guessing 1 or 2 crews are currently active in the area with the ramp up starting mid to late summer. It would be nice to have LTE or hell just decent 3G for Summerfest, at Miller Park, and the Wisconsin State Fair this summer. Crossing my fingers.

• Like 3

That is what i have been thinking. I'm guessing 1 or 2 crews are currently active in the area with the ramp up starting mid to late summer. It would be nice to have LTE or hell just decent 3G for Summerfest, at Miller Park, and the Wisconsin State Fair this summer. Crossing my fingers.

I would love having lte available the next time I visit Miller Park. It would be nice streaming MLB tv over lte while enjoying a Brewers game.