Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I also live in the southeast corner of Franklin, but none of the 1x800 switching has happened to me. I get a nice LTE signal in my yard (-100ish), but rarely connect indoors. Sigh, someday I'll be able to cut my landline. I've only seen 1x800 at my cabin north of the Dells.

I think I might have located the tower thats sending out 1x800. It's the tower in Racine county thats on 108th St in Franksville.

It's marked up as 3G complete on the map. If it's the one then that's a good 9 miles plus as the crow flies.

I'm impressed, the 800 network will be well worth the wait.

• Like 2

I had a real good experience with 1x800 as well. I was in the Dells a couple weeks ago at the Kalahari, and the only signal I got inside the building was the 1x800 voice, I had no eHRPD or EV-DO data connection. And if you look at the completed maps, the closest 1x800 site is a pretty good distance away.

Of course, there is the possibility that another 1x800 site is broadcasting and just not market complete yet though.

Is there anyone that is able to confirm NV equipment on the water tower in New Berlin by Calhoun and Cleveland? I drove by it with my family in the car on Sunday and was unable to pay close enough attention to it. I have not been in the area for over 2 months and rarely drive by it anymore. It looks different to me and studying the pictures on these forums I thought it may be NV. Anyone??

As for anything else I have been watching, no activity in Muskego or Big Bend/Vernon, or other New Berlin sites. The one on National above Racine Ave is hard to see because of the tree cover. It loaded with antenna from too many different companies for me to tell.

Is there anyone that is able to confirm NV equipment on the water tower in New Berlin by Calhoun and Cleveland? I drove by it with my family in the car on Sunday and was unable to pay close enough attention to it. I have not been in the area for over 2 months and rarely drive by it anymore. It looks different to me and studying the pictures on these forums I thought it may be NV. Anyone??

As for anything else I have been watching, no activity in Muskego or Big Bend/Vernon, or other New Berlin sites. The one on National above Racine Ave is hard to see because of the tree cover. It loaded with antenna from too many different companies for me to tell.

I frequently drive by the tower at Cleveland & Calhoun, but I'm not really sure if Sprint's equipment is on the water tower itself or the cell tower right next to it.... In the sponsor maps, I've found 1 or 2 cell sites that weren't plotted exactly on the cell tower, but were within 30-40 yards of it. So when it comes to a site where there is more than 1 cell tower right next to each other, I'm not 100% certain which one is Sprint's. I'll drive past it again on my way home today and I'll pay extra attention. Last time I looked, I didn't think that I saw Sprint NV panels up there, but I'll look again.

I think I might have located the tower thats sending out 1x800. It's the tower in Racine county thats on 108th St in Franksville.

It's marked up as 3G complete on the map. If it's the one then that's a good 9 miles plus as the crow flies.

I'm impressed, the 800 network will be well worth the wait.

I live in Racine by the Kolhs Department store, and I have had 1x800 for about three weeks now. My signal strength is great on the 1x800, around -80ish, but my LTE when it connects at my house is -120ish. The 1x800 seems to be on most of the towers in Racine. 

I frequently drive by the tower at Cleveland & Calhoun, but I'm not really sure if Sprint's equipment is on the water tower itself or the cell tower right next to it.... In the sponsor maps, I've found 1 or 2 cell sites that weren't plotted exactly on the cell tower, but were within 30-40 yards of it. So when it comes to a site where there is more than 1 cell tower right next to each other, I'm not 100% certain which one is Sprint's. I'll drive past it again on my way home today and I'll pay extra attention. Last time I looked, I didn't think that I saw Sprint NV panels up there, but I'll look again.

I am pretty sure Sprint is sitting on the water tower now (or will be). A letter to the City on May 21st of this year spells out Sprints plan to relocate and upgrade the Antenna on a temporary pole to the water Tower. This is part of the letter...

Swap out of obsolete electronics cabinets, antennas and other equipment at the site. This will include relocation of the existing antennas from the temporary wooden pole to the water tank per the attached construction drawings. Landlord's acknowledgement of notice and consent will not increase the size or amount of space being used by Tenant under the Site Agreement unless specifically stated above.

I am pretty sure Sprint is sitting on the water tower now (or will be). A letter to the City on May 21st of this year spells out Sprints plan to relocate and upgrade the Antenna on a temporary pole to the water Tower. This is part of the letter...

Swap out of obsolete electronics cabinets, antennas and other equipment at the site. This will include relocation of the existing antennas from the temporary wooden pole to the water tank per the attached construction drawings. Landlord's acknowledgement of notice and consent will not increase the size or amount of space being used by Tenant under the Site Agreement unless specifically stated above.

I drove past the Cleveland & Calhoun water tower this morning, and from what I can tell, it does look like NV equipment on the top of the water tower. I'm not 100% sure, but I saw RRU's mounted behind what looked like Sprint's NV panels... I've seen this alot over the past few weeks. There must be a boatload of sites that are almost ready, but waiting for one piece or another to be finished...   :/

I live in Racine by the Kolhs Department store, and I have had 1x800 for about three weeks now. My signal strength is great on the 1x800, around -80ish, but my LTE when it connects at my house is -120ish. The 1x800 seems to be on most of the towers in Racine.

That's awesome. I called it a couple weeks out but had no idea we would see 800 that quickly.

I wonder if Kenosha is turned on as well. They've had their upgrades for awhile now.

The 5s will have 800 LTE so I am upgrading……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but no Tri-band 2600 LTE like the Android handsets later this year: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-352-teaser-iphone-gets-two-new-models-but-no-lte-band-trifecta-on-sprint/  granted Tri-band won't help a ton as not much of it is deployed yet and won't be utilized really unless you're in dense urban areas.....

The bonus on the 5s though is the NSA will have your fingerprint along with all your emails, texts and phone logs! ha, I kid, I kid. 

I keep having this feeling like Madison is set to pop on these towers in progress.  The Tokay Tower is a real puzzler.  After talking with the techs there when they were installing the Antennas, Fiber, etc. (on July 25th), they said the fiber was run to the site already (backhaul), they were finishing up the placement of panels and inspection would happen the following week....potentially turned on Aug 1.  They showed me all the pieces and walked me through the work, very nice guys.  Well, that's obviously come and gone, the equipment is all on the tower, new cabinets, fiber, etc, but it still isn't accepted or broadcasting.  I wish I could tell if data/messaging were getting worse around here indicating something happening, but its always terrible, so that's hard to measure.

Sounds like Milwaukee is in the same boat with their towers in progress?  If you guys get pictures of NV equipment on a non-accepted/broadcasting tower, make sure to put them in the sponsor section with the tower ID in the thread for "Sites in Progress" so Rickie can add them to the map. 

Do you know why they closed? I had developed a pretty good rapport with the workers there...

The real question is have you ever tried to park in that parking lot? :P   For right now you will have to stop by the store on Miller Park Way.

Looks like there is utility work going on over here on High Crossing blvd....and it looks like it might be fiber.  There haven't been any trucks besides the heavy machinery at the times I've driven by, but if anyone is heading out 151, might be worth a glance since there is a tower nearby.  :scratch:

I called Sprint customer service this morning cause of the continued lack of acceptable service at my home (hwy 100 and layton area)..they ran some test, or said they did...the loomis rd / hwy 894 tower has been having all kinds of issues according to the rep.

Lower east side 3G has been on and off lately, with some LTE signal being picked up. Hopefully that's the tower being upgraded. MSOE's campus has some LTE coverage now.

I've noticed this happening for the past few months. So they've been working on that tower for awhile I assume. Every time I've tested the short bursts of 4G, though, it's been fairly unusable. 

• Like 1