Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

. . .   What is more annoying is the frequent suggestions and solicitations for donations on this site...those requests have gotten out of hand.

No one is soliciting, as no one makes a dime from this forum.  There are significant hosting costs, which as I understand it, is what donations support.  Yes, lots of people suggest becoming a Sponsor or Premiere Sponsor, simply because there is a ton of information available at those levels.  I am frequently one of those people, and one to whom I believe you referred in your post.  I am not a staff member of this forum.  I am a donor, because this site is absolutely unique in the amount of information that it provides.  If you don't want to donate, then . . . don't.  No one will hold it against you, and you will continue to have free access to those parts of the forum which are free (provided you abide by the clearly stated rules and are not a troll).

And for the record,at this moment in time, according to Sensorly maps (which we all know, have their limitations), Verizon has the best LTE coverage in Milwaukee/Madison (like they do just about everywhere).  However, Sprint appears to be firmly in second place and rapidly catching up.  AT&T appears to have significantly poorer LTE coverage in this market, and TMo simply has no presence at all.

• Like 2

No one is soliciting, as no one makes a dime from this forum.  There are significant hosting costs, which as I understand it, is what donations support.  Yes, lots of people suggest becoming a Sponsor or Premiere Sponsor, simply because there is a ton of information available at those levels.  I am frequently one of those people, and one to whom I believe you referred in your post.  I am not a staff member of this forum.  I am a donor, because this site is absolutely unique in the amount of information that it provides.  If you don't want to donate, then . . . don't.  No one will hold it against you, and you will continue to have free access to those parts of the forum which are free (provided you abide by the clearly stated rules and are not a troll).

That post pretty much says it all...

You just proved my point...how is your posting technically related to Spring 4G? It's not...thanks for your input

Donjohnson I suggest you settle down. Mods around here don't like trolling, and there are rules...

Lots of useful info here...and yes, 4G Sprint service is starting to expand, but dont let this persuade you from making a change to ATT or Verizon.

I recently relocated here from a market that has has 4G service from ALL providers...my personal Sprint phone was still far behind what my Verizon work phone did..and my girlfriends ATT was even better!

Try them all out..they will let you for 30 days...although it is a little time consuming returning to the stores to have your service swapped/exchanged/returned.

Also of note..while I do not like complainers and whiners myself, the recent posts here were NOT out of line at all..come on..it's America..let someone occasionally chime in. What is more annoying is the frequent suggestions and solicitations for donations on this site...those requests have gotten out of hand.

Please don't hit me.

Hey..I said my piece..I am not here to complain..I am here to learn about Sprint LTE and pass along any info I learn to others.

I discovered the 4G service yesterday at the Lakefront...was great..watched my HBO GO with no delays.

Why on earth were you watching tv if you're on the lakefront?

Why on earth were you watching tv if you're on the lakefront?

Cause most WI women are fat and I didnt want to have nightmares! The sight of a whale in a bikini could cause ones' eyes to explode!

I also noticed that I had 4G service all the way down to the Summerfest grounds and into the 3rd Ward area...

• Like 1

Hey..I said my piece..I am not here to complain..I am here to learn about Sprint LTE and pass along any info I learn to others.

I discovered the 4G service yesterday at the Lakefront...was great..watched my HBO GO with no delays.

Where on the lakefront was this?

I've noticed some LTE near Brady St. and Farwell, but it disappears quickly and I don't get it consistently when I'm walking around there. The one LTE speed test I was able to do wasn't that great either. Maybe it's a lot better now that more work has been done? I guess it depends on where on the lakefront you were at.

I know the area around Brady St. has decent 3G, but once you get around North Ave. it's not so great.

Edit: You posted just as I did. Nice to see LTE getting in to the Third Ward a bit. I haven't yet seen it there. Here's hoping we all see it more in the downtown area north of it!

Edited by norsairius

Yes, lots of people suggest becoming a Sponsor or Premiere Sponsor, simply because there is a ton of information available at those levels.

can you either pm some use full threads since im guessing you cant post them here. i recently choose to do the donor thing hoping it would give me more information but i feel like i am only finding the same stuff that i already knew....

can you either pm some use full threads since im guessing you cant post them here. i recently choose to do the donor thing hoping it would give me more information but i feel like i am only finding the same stuff that i already knew....

That is a really good question. There are literally hundreds of Sponsor threads.  My best suggestion would be to go to the Forums page ( http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index ), then scroll down to " Interactive S4GRU Maps " and " S4GRU Sponsors Forum ", and then just scroll through the topics. These contain sponsor-only content on more subjects than I can absorb. The one everybody looks at is the "NV Sites Complete" thread in Interactive Maps, which shows every single NV-accepted Sprint site in the US, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, and thus shows exactly how much progress there has been in Wisconsin (there has been a lot!).  Other people please feel free to chime in with specific suggestions.

And please feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions at all.

I would like to become a sponsor, but there was no prescribed level of giving on the PayPal site. I've seen someone say $100 but that seems awfully steep to me. Is that true?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

$100 is for premier sponsorship which gives you even more additional info like LTE 800 time frame / maps & TD-LTE 2500mhz deployment maps. 

A regular sponsorship gives you most of what you need in regards to information on the Network Vision deployment. We calculated that we need $20 from each new sponsor for website upkeep (notice we don't run ads) and for hosting the maps (which cost a lot per map ... $99 i think) & other misc. stuff in order to keep this site running.

I live in Greenfield...very close to hwy 100 and Layton...my phone has been "searching for service" since I woke up at 6am..

I usually only get one bar, maybe 2 if the stars are aligned properly..but rarely this, and never for this long non stop.

Wonder if work is being done near me..perhaps and upgraded tower..or just another Sprint service outage..

mmmmmm...??

I live in Greenfield...very close to hwy 100 and Layton...my phone has been "searching for service" since I woke up at 6am..

I usually only get one bar, maybe 2 if the stars are aligned properly..but rarely this, and never for this long non stop.

Wonder if work is being done near me..perhaps and upgraded tower..or just another Sprint service outage..

mmmmmm...??

I live right on 92nd and Layton pretty much. My phone has been working fine this morning so far... Got voice and data.

I wonder which tower you are connecting to... The 124th & Beloit one or the one in Hales Corners. I know I've seen NV panels on the Hales Corners Tower, and maybe a month ago, I was at the Beloit tower and there was an AT&T guy running the fiber backhaul to the site. So it could be one of those. I'm guessing at 92nd and Layton, I'm probably running off the 76th St. tower.

Was on my way home from work last night with the LTE Discovery app running on my Galaxy S4 when it picked up LTE on Highway 145, near Carmen Ave.   Here are the exact coordinates:  43.12308178, -88.01644458, which is about 1.5 miles from my home.  So it is getting close :)  I couldn't check in Sensorly.com tonight how close a 4G signal has been detected to my home, but last I checked it was just starting around 68th and Silver Spring.

Now, if I could just get the LTE by work, where I need it since we don't have wi-fi through out the whole building, I'll be a very happy Sprint user.