Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I work right near 164 and Dolphin Dr. I will map that area tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up. Now if I can only get 4g near Grant park in South MIlwaukee I will be in heaven.

That's so funny. I was glaring at that exact tower today trying to spot LTE equipment. I thought "nah, they will light up Waukesha last." Guess I was wrong! Too bad it doesn't reach Mooreland Blvd.

Sitting inside my house by Manhattan and Moreland in Waukesha and I have LTE inside my house. Use to have no signal at all.

Yea Waukesha! I mapped some LTE down Arcadian this morning on my way to work, then picked it up again at the top of the hill on Moreland Blvd near the county jail/courthouse and right into the parking lot of my building at work! (You can see just south of the airport on Airport Rd where the purple deviates into a parking lot :)  I even had it inside the building for a little while before it finally died out. I wasn't expecting it to see it at all once I stepped inside the building.

So is August 1sth the projected date for LTE going live in Madison proper?

This is what the Tech told me at the Tokay Tower, but I'm not holding my breath on "going live" (as in officially announced) or a ton of towers lighting up. I know of three that I've personally seen new equipment on that weren't broadcasting as of last week. There certainly could be more.

I'll be home Saturday from Michigan and I'll make the rounds.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Here is a speed test from down the block from our home. Actually drove by the tower on the way to a appointment. As someone who has complained about the signal at our house, as is roaming inside and outside our house, it's a beautiful change for once. And there is another sprint tower off of Bluemound Road on the north side of the quarries in Waukesha. Can't wait for that one to get turned on too.

post-18531-0-92135700-1375275311_thumb.jpg

Anyone know why i cant see anything mapped on sensorly.com? Maps show up but no mapped colors. Ive tried different computers and multiple browsers. My phone works but i would like to browse at work.

Anyone know why i cant see anything mapped on sensorly.com? Maps show up but no mapped colors. Ive tried different computers and multiple browsers. My phone works but i would like to browse at work.

Did you delete your temporary internet files? Enable cookies?

Sensorly is working fine for me today. I notice that sometimes there is a difference in the amount of new purple you see between the mobile app and the website, but the website is working for me with Google Chrome

I work right on South 76th and main in west allis. I've been losing 3g on and off all day and just had 4g for a bit. I think this bodes well for 4g at state Fair which is right across the street.

I work right on South 76th and main in west allis. I've been losing 3g on and off all day and just had 4g for a bit. I think this bodes well for 4g at state Fair which is right across the street.

I posted a picture early last week I think... I saw guys working on cell panels on a water tower that's on 84th St, right on the other side of i94 from where state fair park is. So I know that site is in progress. That would be really cool if that site went live the first day of state fair!

I work right near 164 and Dolphin Dr. I will map that area tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up. Now if I can only get 4g near Grant park in South MIlwaukee I will be in heaven.

Im totally with you on that.  i live on Poplar Ave which is closer to SM high school than to the lake,  and unfortunately my neighborhood has been a real sprint dead spot forever :(

Dschoenike

Edited by dschoenike

Im totally with you on that. i live on Poplar Ave which is closer to SM high school than to the lake, and unfortunately my neighborhood has been a real sprint dead spot forever :(

Dschoenike

Sprint has dead spots? I don't believe you. Lmao
  • Like 1

Well, it's Aug 1st, and I was told by the sprint sales rep at different locations that LTE would be live in Madison.  It's in the areas around Madison, but nothing in Madison.  I was wondering if Robert has heard of anything when Madison will be getting some better signal/coverage.  I was around camp randell yesterday, and my phone was roaming  on 3g, and I could not make a call or send a text.

Well, it's Aug 1st, and I was told by the sprint sales rep at different locations that LTE would be live in Madison. It's in the areas around Madison, but nothing in Madison. I was wondering if Robert has heard of anything when Madison will be getting some better signal/coverage. I was around camp randell yesterday, and my phone was roaming on 3g, and I could not make a call or send a text.

Middleton tower with nv equipment is still not active after 3 weeks when the build wss finished. I'm sick of the four dead spots on the same road I travel. Dropped call after dropped call to ne service at all. Hurry the **** up sprint and turn this shit on !!!

Middleton tower with nv equipment is still not active after 3 weeks when the build wss finished. I'm sick of the four dead spots on the same road I travel. Dropped call after dropped call to ne service at all. Hurry the **** up sprint and turn this shit on !!!

I have heard from a few sources that some of the towers are ready in Madison proper are ready to go, but they are still waiting on the completion of the backhaul.  You can always broadcast LTE, but if you don't have a backend connection, it is pretty useless.  I am not sure of exact timing of all this, but I have heard it should be starting to go live "soon".  Doesn't AT&T own the backhaul that Sprint will be using in Madison?

I have heard from a few sources that some of the towers are ready in Madison proper are ready to go, but they are still waiting on the completion of the backhaul. You can always broadcast LTE, but if you don't have a backend connection, it is pretty useless. I am not sure of exact timing of all this, but I have heard it should be starting to go live "soon". Doesn't AT&T own the backhaul that Sprint will be using in Madison?

I have heard from a few sources that some of the towers are ready in Madison proper are ready to go, but they are still waiting on the completion of the backhaul. You can always broadcast LTE, but if you don't have a backend connection, it is pretty useless. I am not sure of exact timing of all this, but I have heard it should be starting to go live "soon". Doesn't AT&T own the backhaul that Sprint will be using in Madison?

I've been told that site has been marked as complete. I know att, and charter own infrastructure in Madison, tds in Middleton. . If I had a dime for every time I heard sprint use the words "coming soon "
  • Like 1

So I see the Milwaukee area and a tower in racine is going, any one heard anything about a timeframe for at least the first tower in kenosha? We already have the 1x 800

You can become a sponsor and see the maps of towers that are complete and other info:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Well, it's Aug 1st, and I was told by the sprint sales rep at different locations that LTE would be live in Madison.  It's in the areas around Madison, but nothing in Madison.  I was wondering if Robert has heard of anything when Madison will be getting some better signal/coverage.  I was around camp randell yesterday, and my phone was roaming  on 3g, and I could not make a call or send a text.

I'd never, ever, lend and credence to anything a sales rep at any Sprint-owned or franchised store (except for the truly educated ones here at S4GRU) says about the 4G roll out. They just don't have the same access to reliable information as we do here. They have the same information as anyone in Care would have - which is just general information.