Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Ha, use your phone downtown at all during a Badger Saturday!!! yeah right!!!  I used to live by the Big Ten and it was impossible to use a phone that entire day.  It doesn't help that there aren't many towers there at all really.

So, I work right next to Camp Randall and I'm uncertain about the status of that tower, on Old University on one of those apt buildings.  I can't get a good look at the panels.  The other one is over near Brittingham park, unsure of that status, and then one on an apt building off normal University Ave down near Park...again, no idea of that status as I can't see the antennas.

I do like your constant posts to Sprint's twitter accounts!!!  I'll do my best to ramp up that pressure with ya.

Glad you like my posts on Twitter!  I'm sure it really does nothing, but I feel if I keep being the squeeky wheel, then maybe they will toss some grease on it, and let us know what's going on.

That's only because no one has mapped it. As you can see, you can pick up LTE on 94 which is on the other side of the park from the tower.

At the fair all day yesterday. Like I said, the fairgrounds are out of reach of 4g signal. I have personally mapped most of the area while delivering mail, or traveling throughout the area in my mail truck. 

At the fair all day yesterday. Like I said, the fairgrounds are out of reach of 4g signal. I have personally mapped most of the area while delivering mail, or traveling throughout the area in my mail truck. 

Yeah... ditto. All day among the sheep and cows and stuff on a stick and no LTE.

Maybe it's because we're civil servants? lol

• Like 2

I was surprised how strong the LTE signal was at 94 and 18 from the Waukesha tower, unless there is another one live that we don't know about.

Spent the day in IL spoiled by LTE and 800 all over!

Yeah... ditto. All day among the sheep and cows and stuff on a stick and no LTE.

Maybe it's because we're civil servants? lol

I wonder if its becasue there are so many people in one area. The same thing happened for me during summerfest where I could t pick up LTE when at a concert but as I drove right past the park on my morning drive to work, I would have excellent signal and speed. Sprint always seems to struggle with very crowded areas but I can't make a comparison to other carriers as I have only ever used Sprint.

Lets remember that the tower closest to the Summerfest grounds is only marked 3G complete. Any 4G signals are probably coming from the Bay View tower and at a distance.

I am aware of that, but that doesn't change the night and day differences with connectivity that occurred during quiet periods and in evenings during the busiest time on the grounds.

I wonder if its becasue there are so many people in one area. The same thing happened for me during summerfest where I could t pick up LTE when at a concert but as I drove right past the park on my morning drive to work, I would have excellent signal and speed. Sprint always seems to struggle with very crowded areas but I can't make a comparison to other carriers as I have only ever used Sprint.

That's entirely possible, I guess. But I can't imagine so many Sprint customers in the area that it would bog the system. My guess is it just isn't operational at the moment as it tends to be a common thread that LTE goes up and down in some areas for a while. I can't say that's for sure, but who knows.

Besides.. I'm at the fair for the beer and fried butter anyway. And that cow with a hole in its side.

• Like 1

That's entirely possible, I guess. But I can't imagine so many Sprint customers in the area that it would bog the system. My guess is it just isn't operational at the moment as it tends to be a common thread that LTE goes up and down in some areas for a while. I can't say that's for sure, but who knows.

Besides.. I'm at the fair for the beer and fried butter anyway. And that cow with a hole in its side.

I'm sure the cell towers around state fair were overloaded. I was there yesterday and I could barely send a text, I kept losing my data connection, and went to roaming and back. It was barely usable. 

On a lighter note... I see on sensorly what appears to be much darker purple right around goerke's corners (i94 and Barker Rd). I drove right past there on 94 this morning but didn't pick up any LTE. But that purple is a little too dark for being as far away as it is from the other Waukesha tower that's live....

• Like 1

I'm sure the cell towers around state fair were overloaded. I was there yesterday and I could barely send a text, I kept losing my data connection, and went to roaming and back. It was barely usable. 

On a lighter note... I see on sensorly what appears to be much darker purple right around goerke's corners (i94 and Barker Rd). I drove right past there on 94 this morning but didn't pick up any LTE. But that purple is a little too dark for being as far away as it is from the other Waukesha tower that's live....

Looks like something similar happened by State St and Hawley Rd north west of the tower by Miller Park.

Looks like something similar happened by State St and Hawley Rd north west of the tower by Miller Park.

Yea, I saw that too. I believe there is a Sprint tower right near that spot of dark purple as well. Hopefully we will see those 2, and a couple more, go live this week!

That's from me last night.  I was surprised how strong it was.  I think the dBm level in my SignalCheck was in the 70s.

I should say..  at least the darker purple on I-94 itself.  I didn't get off of the freeway there.  Must have been someone else that mapped 18 itself.

That's from me last night.  I was surprised how strong it was.  I think the dBm level in my SignalCheck was in the 70s.

I should say..  at least the darker purple on I-94 itself.  I didn't get off of the freeway there.  Must have been someone else that mapped 18 itself.

That HAS to be coming from that goerke's corners site then. Maybe they were doing testing last night. I'm going to stop by there after work today and do all the airplane mode, prl update, and profile updates I can and see if I can connect too!

That HAS to be coming from that goerke's corners site then. Maybe they were doing testing last night. I'm going to stop by there after work today and do all the airplane mode, prl update, and profile updates I can and see if I can connect too!

I didn't have Sensorly turned on at first because I wasn't expecting anything new.  All of a sudden Signal Check gave an alert, I looked at my phone and I'm like umm..  this is new.  Opened Sensorly ASAP!!

I mapped the waukesha tower on 59/Arcadian and can confirm the signal at Goerke's corner is not the waukesha tower. It's the brookfield tower.

I don't know if this has been said but the building that tower is on near hwy 18 and I94 is the regional Sprint headquarters. I used to go there for training.

Haha, no kidding. That has not been said yet. That building should have been upgraded a long time ago then!