Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

So the site on the building at goerkes corners along i94, I mentioned about seeing white boxes next to one of the panels. Well, I did verify on my way home from work last night, there was one white box on either side of a panel, then a few hours later, when I drove back out that direction for my volleyball game, they were painted brown to blend in.

So I'm assuming those 2 boxes were RRU's, and the fact that there is two of them, one on either side of a panel... would that indicate that both LTE and 1x800 are being installed at that site?

On another note, I drove by another Sprint site that's on top of a building on 21st and Pierce in Milwaukee, it looks like a NV panel with an RRU behind it to me....

pierce.jpg

And I know we're supposed to be careful about posting too much info in a non-sponsor forum, but I don't want to use the Milwaukee/Minnesota/ Dakotas forum cuz there's too many people talking about different areas. I feel like we could have our own little topic just for the greater Milwaukee area, like separate from Madison even :)

pamyve2e.jpg

Here's that Middleton tower. Not broadcasting LTE yet,

but I believe that's a 1900 and an 800 RRU on there, so when they do light it up, it'll be glorious.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Driving to the grocery store today I decided to check the progress on the Middleton tower. Parking accross the street from the tower, I run lte discovery mode and interesting enough, I notice the signal has reverted back to rev-a. I'd assume it would have to do with the other tower's in the area being upgraded?

Driving to the grocery store today I decided to check the progress on the Middleton tower. Parking accross the street from the tower, I run lte discovery mode and interesting enough, I notice the signal has reverted back to rev-a. I'd assume it would have to do with the other tower's in the area being upgraded?

Aug 1, keep your eyes on it. I bet it goes live then. 

Also, someone in Madison want to put another set of eyes on the tower at Rimrock Rd off the Beltline. I think the top or second to top rack has NV equipment on it, as you can see RRUs (I think). Didn't have time to stop and was cruising by on the belt-line (as a passenger).  After seeing that Middleton tower in person, I think I can really spot them from afar now. I could have been wrong though.

The tower behind Super Walmart off South Towne Dr. has NO work on it. In fact, there are huge, I mean huge, tractor tires leaned up against the fence all the way around.

So the site on the building at goerkes corners along i94, I mentioned about seeing white boxes next to one of the panels. Well, I did verify on my way home from work last night, there was one white box on either side of a panel, then a few hours later, when I drove back out that direction for my volleyball game, they were painted brown to blend in.

So I'm assuming those 2 boxes were RRU's, and the fact that there is two of them, one on either side of a panel... would that indicate that both LTE and 1x800 are being installed at that site?

On another note, I drove by another Sprint site that's on top of a building on 21st and Pierce in Milwaukee, it looks like a NV panel with an RRU behind it to me....

pierce.jpg

And I know we're supposed to be careful about posting too much info in a non-sponsor forum, but I don't want to use the Milwaukee/Minnesota/ Dakotas forum cuz there's too many people talking about different areas. I feel like we could have our own little topic just for the greater Milwaukee area, like separate from Madison even :)

That's NV equipment fer sure. 

I think as long as we keep the tower locations vague (cross streets) and then keep tower IDs out of the non-sponsor section, we adhere to the guidelines fine. I do agree about those Minnesota punks cloggin' up the threads! ha. 

• Like 1

Aug 1, keep your eyes on it. I bet it goes live then.

Also, someone in Madison want toth put another set of eyes on the tower at Rimrock Rd off the Beltline. I think the top or second to top rack has NV equipment on it, as you can see RRUs (I think). Didn't have time to stop and was cruising by on the belt-line (as a passenger). After seeing that Middleton tower in person, I think I can really spot them from afar now. I could have been wrong though.

The tower behind Super Walmart off South Towne Dr. has NO work on it. In fact, there are huge, I mean huge, tractor tires leaned up against the fence all the way around.

I hope it goes live aug 1st. Driving 3-4 blocks east of the Tower I get zero bars. Which i find funny because the new antena is pointing directly in that direction.

So long as you don't put up things like LAT, LONG copied from the maps, or specific tower IDs, pictures and general locations are fine, since anyone could look up and see that. 

That's NV equipment fer sure. 

I think as long as we keep the tower locations vague (cross streets) and then keep tower IDs out of the non-sponsor section, we adhere to the guidelines fine. I do agree about those Minnesota punks cloggin' up the threads! ha. 

Hey! I grew up in Wisconsin, does that count?

That's even worse! You deserted us, then come back and yak it up in the Milwaukee forum! And you stole Greg Jennings too!

They can have Jennings. We have receivers that don't get hurt every other game.

On a side note...it sounds like the cluster theory might turn out to be true. It's just strange that no sites in larger cities like Madison, Waukesha, Brookfield, and Menomonee Falls have gone live when the panels and RRU's are just sitting there...

That's even worse! You deserted us, then come back and yak it up in the Milwaukee forum! And you stole Greg Jennings too!

Ha, well I hate the Vikings (and all MN sports) and I am still very much a Packer and Badger fan. i still come down to games some times, so there! Ok, I am running off topic now.

They can have Jennings. We have receivers that don't get hurt every other game.

On a side note...it sounds like the cluster theory might turn out to be true. It's just strange that no sites in larger cities like Madison, Waukesha, Brookfield, and Menomonee Falls have gone live when the panels and RRU's are just sitting there...

Very true about the receivers. I'm happy with the current crew :)

I don't think that there are a bunch of completed sites just sitting out there not being turned on, I'm guessing these crews are starting to ramp up and get more efficient. The UW Waukesha one is being worked on as we speak, and we just saw the RRU's get mounted next  to the panels on the Goerke's Corners building.... I also saw a crew working on the water tower on 84th St just north of i94... So that's 3 sites (Milwaukee, Brookfield, Waukesha) that are basically in progress. Who knows how long the 21st and Pierce panels have been up there, but I'm just very happy to see alot of stuff moving now. Not to mention I saw the AT&T fiber guy at the radio station-mounted tower near 124th and Beloit. So we know the backhaul for that one is done now. I watch the sites complete map and sensorly every day cuz I know more sites will be popping up any time now! 

• Like 1

I snapped this of the tower just off Hawley. Any NV equipment?

Wow, that's a whole-lotta panels. I really can't tell there. So many of those look alike. I'd say the 3rd ones from the left look like it because I see the RRU's mounted up there with them, but I think Samsung is using bright white panels, not grey ones... So I'm stumped.

I've recently become a sponsor and help out what is a very useful and informative site. Not only the forums but the articles as well.

I was pleased to see in the maps that the site here in Hartford that is slated for NV is only a few blocks from my house. In looking at the Samsung pics here there is no NV equipment on it yet. There does appear to be smaller equipment on it but I do not think it's Sprints. There is privacy fencing at the base so I won't be able to see the boxes. That tower was put up about two years ago, but I thought it was just going to be for municipal (police and fire). I'm sure it's a way for the city to get some extra income if they lease out space to Sprint. According to SignalCheck and Netmonitor I don't attach to it at all, and the two towers that I do are not marked for upgrades (at least not yet). It'll be interesting to see what happens those two, they are on the outskirts of town, this one is more central. Has Sprint decommissioned towers as they add new equipment? Either way I am excited that I will be able to check this guy pretty frequently to see once work starts.

On a different note. I was at the Brewer game last Sunday and had LTE in my seat the entire time. I did not run a speedtest, but it was good enough that I was able to stream the USA vs El Salvador match via Slingbox with no lags or freezing.

• Like 1

A little bird told me Baraboo and some other markets will be marked 4g complete early next week. Hopefully this brings about some new lte around our area as well.

Would that little bird be the coverage maps on sprint.com? :P Been showing on there for a couple days.

Not at all. Haha.

4g launch calls ftw!

I would have included it in my list (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4302-sprint-to-launch-lte-in-new-york-philadelphia-portland-and-other-cities-on-july-30/) but I didn't know what Sprint would be calling that area. Is Baraboo the largest city in that area?

I've recently become a sponsor and help out what is a very useful and informative site. Not only the forums but the articles as well.

I was pleased to see in the maps that the site here in Hartford that is slated for NV is only a few blocks from my house. In looking at the Samsung pics here there is no NV equipment on it yet. There does appear to be smaller equipment on it but I do not think it's Sprints. There is privacy fencing at the base so I won't be able to see the boxes. That tower was put up about two years ago, but I thought it was just going to be for municipal (police and fire). I'm sure it's a way for the city to get some extra income if they lease out space to Sprint. According to SignalCheck and Netmonitor I don't attach to it at all, and the two towers that I do are not marked for upgrades (at least not yet). It'll be interesting to see what happens those two, they are on the outskirts of town, this one is more central. Has Sprint decommissioned towers as they add new equipment? Either way I am excited that I will be able to check this guy pretty frequently to see once work starts.

On a different note. I was at the Brewer game last Sunday and had LTE in my seat the entire time. I did not run a speedtest, but it was good enough that I was able to stream the USA vs El Salvador match via Slingbox with no lags or freezing.

Why do people say they went to the "brewer" game? Last time I checked there are more than one player on the field.
  • Like 1