Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I personally prefer FiOS internet over Optimum, but I like Optimum TV over FiOS TV.

I was going to switch to FiOS last year just to try it out. But after I found out they didn't have it in my area, I got pretty pissed. Optimum has stopped bleeding customers to Optimum though, they've actually been getting back a lot of customers so that's good.

what part of queens? sunnyside?

Yes sir, was at my future in-laws house and just happened to fire up the ZIng. I'll bring mine to work tomorrow and test here in Manhattan and see what I find.

Flashed the test prl this weekend and picked up 1x800 at two sites in the riverdale area in the bronx, one in yonkers and one in ossining.

I did the same and picked up 800 from 6 different sites in the bronx, almost perfectly usable. But it was a different story in manhattan. I did connect from 11st to a Site on 30th st on 1x800, quite impressive in Manhattan.

Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 2

Guess my post was pertaining to long island not NYC so that's why it was removed...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes the Mods will just move your post to the appropriate location, should be in the LI thread.

I'm in the Bronx (the Parkchester area, to be exact) and while there are places where I get LTE, for sure, there are also places that had LTE before July 30th (the official launch date for LTE in the Bronx and Brooklyn) that no longer show LTE today.  I can't say that I haven't seen improvemenst at all, because there was a point when my phone was completely unusable.  Still, it is really bothersome, because I want to stay with Sprint, considering that my plan is better than any plan from any other carrier, but the inconsistency in service makes it very difficult. I just don't understand how LTE can be there the day before the official launch, but then disappear when LTE officially launched. I was so excited when I read that LTE would launch in the Bronx on July 30th, because when it comes to most issues the Bronx often gets treated like the "red-headed stepchild" in NYC, but we were finally first with something good, or so it seemed. My biggest gripe is with a press release that says Sprint will official launch/offer LTE in the Bronx, but then, in my experience, it seems as if they're still testing it. One would think that sites that had LTE before the launch would maintain that on and after the launch, but that it just not the case. What is Sprint doing?  I certainly have no idea, but they better sort it out very soon: my patience are wearing thin and thinner each day.

• Like 1

I'm in the Bronx (the Parkchester area, to be exact) and while there are places where I get LTE, for sure, there are also places that had LTE before July 30th (the official launch date for LTE in the Bronx and Brooklyn) that no longer show LTE today.  I can't say that I haven't seen improvemenst at all, because there was a point when my phone was completely unusable.  Still, it is really bothersome, because I want to stay with Sprint, considering that my plan is better than any plan from any other carrier, but the inconsistency in service makes it very difficult. I just don't understand how LTE can be there the day before the official launch, but then disappear when LTE officially launched. I was so excited when I read that LTE would launch in the Bronx on July 30th, because when it comes to most issues the Bronx often gets treated like the "red-headed stepchild" in NYC, but we were finally first with something good, or so it seemed. My biggest gripe is with a press release that says Sprint will official launch/offer LTE in the Bronx, but then, in my experience, it seems as if they're still testing it. One would think that sites that had LTE before the launch would maintain that on and after the launch, but that it just not the case. What is Sprint doing?  I certainly have no idea, but they better sort it out very soon: my patience are wearing thin and thinner each day.

My assumption is you probably haven't looked too deep into this site. Sprint is doing all it can to get all the sites up and running as soon as they are ready to go. They do also turn sites on and off for testing purposes. So patience is going to be important if you plan on sticking with sprint. The main issue in completing most sites is the lack of backhaul (high speed fiber to power the net) and other unforeseen things. But if you spend 15 minutes browsing through this forum you will find a wealth of information that is not only promising, but also pretty exciting. 

Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 4

My assumption is you probably haven't looked too deep into this site. Sprint is doing all it can to get all the sites up and running as soon as they are ready to go. They do also turn sites on and off for testing purposes. So patience is going to be important if you plan on sticking with sprint. The main issue in completing most sites is the lack of backhaul (high speed fiber to power the net) and other unforeseen things. But if you spend 15 minutes browsing through this forum you will find a wealth of information that is not only promising, but also pretty exciting.

um I have to agree

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I've read this site and many other sites, I just don't post very often, but don't let my post count fool you into thinking that I don't understand a basic concept, such as testing or upgrading a network.  My point is that they shouldn't have a press release saying that LTE will launch in an area, then when it does I actually end up with less LTE coverage than I did the day before the launch.  If they're still testing, that's fine.  I'm not disputing that.  It's just saying don't make a press release.  I've been reading about Network Vision for years.  It's nothing new to me. I've also been waiting for years. I didn't just become a Sprint customer.  I'm telling you my actual experience where I live.  I wasnt expecting condescension.  All I read in your post are assumptions about what I have or haven't done.  Along with my plan, possibilities about where Sprint will once everything is complete are the only reasons I stick around.  I would have left a long time ago if I wasn't excited about what is to come. 

I've read this site and many other sites, I just don't post very often, but don't let my post count fool you into thinking that I don't understand a basic concept, such as testing or upgrading a network.  My point is that they shouldn't have a press release saying that LTE will launch in an area, then when it does I actually end up with less LTE coverage than I did the day before the launch.  If they're still testing, that's fine.  I'm not disputing that.  It's just saying don't make a press release.  I've been reading about Network Vision for years.  It's nothing new to me. I've also been waiting for years. I didn't just become a Sprint customer.  I'm telling you my actual experience where I live.  I wasnt expecting condescension.  All I read in your post are assumptions about what I have or haven't done.  Along with my plan, possibilities about where Sprint will once everything is complete are the only reasons I stick around.  I would have left a long time ago if I wasn't excited about what is to come. 

But your experience is not representative of everyone else's. I for one know that my tower got turned on a week after the announcement. I do not attribute that to the announcement made by Sprint though. I take it as, by chance they turned on my tower again and I have LTE access now. Similarly your tower may be down for a while before it gets turned back on. If you've been lurking around here long enough, you;d know that LTE isn't just a flip of a switch and that they can take down a tower for optimization at nearly anytime they need. It might be a couple weeks or a couple months (like me) before you see that tower back on again.

By the way your posts were borderline ranting so you might want to tone it down a bit.

That I know of no other site including Sprints own has given the level of accurate information that this site does. So basically I can honestly say, that whatever any other site says, state, or write down on paper really means nothing. As mentioned before, even when an area is announced as having LTE, that does not mean that every single site is turned on or upgraded. One day it can be turned on and due to unforeseen circumstances, it could be turned off the next day. Be it just for testing, waiting for permits, corrections or further upgrades.

One may or may not agree with the way Sprint is progressing on the upgrades or on how they are announcing that an area is complete, but I rather have them say (for example) that the Bronx is 95 compete even when the site closest to me does not or got it turned off. It tells me that they are working on it and soon enough it will join the rest of the sites in full functionality and be 100%.

Discussing the good, the bad and the ugly can be done in a rational and sensible debate otherwise it can be construed as crossing the line and ending up as a continuous rant. 

TS

Legacy towers are starting to speed up. There is a tower near my home that used to get sub-10kbps speeds and pings over 4,000ms. Because the towers around it got updated to LTE, the ping is below 100ms and the speeds are from 200 to 600kbps. Suprisingly usable for internet.

• Like 2

I still bounce back and between EVDO and 1x here in South Jamaica, Queens, even with a decent connection. The data speeds are virtually the same, although pings on 1x are slightly better.

613988856.png

I just hope LTE is up and running here by the time the next iPhone comes out in Sept/Oct, I'm not even anticipating any 3G improvements at this point, that ship has sailed.

Edited by Sonic13
  • Like 1

Yesterday afternoon my iPhone said "No Service" for about 2 minutes. Before and after that though I got "Could not activate cellular service."

Also yesterday and today I've been having trouble sending picture messages and group messages going out.

Very odd.

Does anyone know why I am getting the little "o" which represents 1x almost everywhere I'm going. I have LTE in my area and lately I'm having a problem with 3G and LTE. Anyone else experiencing this in Brooklyn?

Edited by LTEBrooklyn