Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

im on 82 st and northern blvd jackson heights queens, i added a screen shot something is not right the bsl gives me an adress in the bronx

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Holy crap! Maybe you should report that to Robert or another moderator.

• Like 2

im on 82 st and northern blvd jackson heights queens, i added a screen shot something is not right the bsl gives me an adress in the bronx

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

That site is right off the coast of the Bronx!!! that might explain why your getting it from there! thats incredible how far that signal is traveling! (rikers island and laGuardia are sitting between you and that site!!!)

Edited by nexgencpu

That site is right off the coast of the Bronx!!! that might explain why your getting it from there! thats incredible how far that signal is traveling! (rikers island and laGuardia are sitting between you and that site!!!)

Signal travels further over water. You can maintain a strong LTE signal going between Port Jefferson in northern Long Island and Bridgeport Connecticut on a ferry.

• Like 1

Indeed it shall rock.

I'll be glad to turn data off and just have 1x 800 for texting. My iPhone will last forever when indoors.

Ah just like the blackberry days in high school.

My phone goes into 1x too much these days anyway so my iphone batt is getting killed. In my house as well I only get 1 bar, so that'll help

• Like 1

When should manhattan have LTE ?? It's so spotty and slow

Spotty it is. The lower east side part of manhattan mostly has a great connection as well as the upper west side. As for mid town, it's hit or miss for now. Manhattan has so many obstacles in its way that it most likely will be finished last from all the Boros.

Its a little off topic but when my phone updates its application, it can take hourspto download when I am on 3g or 4g. The data times out and it stops downloading and it obly dowbnloads when data is in use. When I am on wifi, it dowbloads in seconds. Do you guys having same issues?

Its a little off topic but when my phone updates its application, it can take hourspto download when I am on 3g or 4g. The data times out and it stops downloading and it obly dowbnloads when data is in use. When I am on wifi, it dowbloads in seconds. Do you guys having same issues?

Not quite sure what u mean phone updates your application. If u meant ur phone downloading apps, then the answer is your wifi is faster. Or at times u have a bad signal so your throughput is bad on 3G/4g. That's probably not what your asking though.

Not quite sure what u mean phone updates your application. If u meant ur phone downloading apps, then the answer is your wifi is faster. Or at times u have a bad signal so your throughput is bad on 3G/4g. That's probably not what your asking though.

When downloading app or existing app updates over 3g/4g, it takes very long due to data time out. It has nothing to do with data speed. It downloads when I using the phone that requires data.

• Like 1

When downloading app or existing app updates over 3g/4g, it takes very long due to data time out. It has nothing to do with data speed. It downloads when I using the phone that requires data.

The App Store probably prioritizes it's bandwidth to wifi users over mobile 3G/4G. Just a guess

There is a discussion around here about the play store stalling when on mobile data. Whether 3g or 4g good or poor signal. Some say to pause the Download or restart it and then it'll fire right up.

Sent from my Android HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 4

With the reactivation of that tower, I have seamless LTE coverage from my home to my summer job. 3G was already very useful, but things got 10 times better with LTE available the whole way.

Ever since that 800 Bronx post, nobody else confirmed that.

• Like 1

Ever since that 800 Bronx post, nobody else confirmed that.

If they were testing it might have been very brief.  I think one of the issues in NYC is that we have very tight cell spacing so getting a weak 1900 signal is pretty rare unless you're in a basement or deep in a building.  I was at Randall's Island on Saturday at a softball game and had line of sight to the tower originally posted as 800, but couldn't connect, but also had -60ish of a signal strength on 1900.

That being said, my friend and I decided to ride the Staten Island Ferry last night to enjoy the weather.  She didn't know it, but it was also to see if I could get an 800 signal, since in the middle of the harbor signals are all over the place.  My signal bounced between Bayonne, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and lower Manhattan.  Sadly, no matter how much I cycled, no 800.