Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I'm pretty sure u can be on 800 voice and 1900 LTE at the same time. When u have 800 voice and LTE on, likely when u make a call, your bars level on phone will be high, but as soon as u hang up, the phone will reflect the LTE signal

Yes of course you can, but so far from the few PRL's I have tested that prioritize 1x 800, I have been unable to connect to LTE. 

Hey digi, which PRL would prioritize 1x 800 for voice and still keep me on LTE, especially since there seems to be a big influx of 1x 800 sites up and running in NYC, would probably be reasonably stable.

Any stock PRL except for the Iphone ones and the temporary Note2 one.

Any stock PRL except for the Iphone ones and the temporary Note2 one.

So is their any reason why my phone would never connect to those 1x 800 sites around me unless I use  21086x.prl? Even when my signal is holding on for dear life on 1900 then eventually 1x but never 800.

So is their any reason why my phone would never connect to those 1x 800 sites around me unless I use  21086x.prl? Even when my signal is holding on for dear life on 1900 then eventually 1x but never 800.

If you are using 21086 then you will never have 1x800 nor any LTE.

If you are using 21086 then you will never have 1x800 nor any LTE.

Im pretty sure i used 21086 for this screen cap, (would initially connect to LTE and of course disconnect after a few seconds) but I will try a few of the PRL's I tried before so i can verify.

2013-08-10%2002.34.02.png

Edited by nexgencpu

Im pretty sure i used 21086 for this screen cap, (would initially connect to LTE and of course disconnect after a few seconds) but I will try a few of the PRL's I tried before so i can verify.

I remember 21087 the most out of all of them...   it was the milestone PRL.

Sprint PRL 21087(800SMR/1XAdvanced PRL - Chicago IL is the first system in public PRLs for the 800SMR band!):

Sprint PRL 21086 to 21087 changes - 05/07/2012

Sprint PRL 21087 Analysis - 05/07/2012

I remember 21087 the most out of all of them...   it was the milestone PRL.

Sprint PRL 21087(800SMR/1XAdvanced PRL - Chicago IL is the first system in public PRLs for the 800SMR band!):

Sprint PRL 21086 to 21087 changes - 05/07/2012

Sprint PRL 21087 Analysis - 05/07/2012

Bizarre, I will try a couple other PRL's when i get back from work. Thanks..

Bizarre, I will try a couple other PRL's when i get back from work. Thanks..

The latest 56xxx series is the way to go. 800smr is set to scan first with VZW 3g roaming. Or you can always run the one in the sponsor area that I made with 800smr as high priority with the test SID as well.

• Like 1

The latest 56xxx series is the way to go. 800smr is set to scan first with VZW 3g roaming. Or you can always run the one in the sponsor area that I made with 800smr as high priority with the test SID as well.

I have not been able to connect 1x 800 as effectively with 56015 as I have with the sponsor PRL. But the sponsor PRL forces 1x 800, whereas the 56015 is more logical and chooses the 1900 signal which is obviously closer and better signal. Only on two occasions did i connect to 1x 800 on 56015, both were for a second before I went back to 1900. One occasion, 1x on 1900 was nonexistent inside the building. Hence, 800 would have helped even if the tower was far away, but it still did not connect to it. 

And just for the record, the 1x 800 speed test was meant as a reference about its speed rather than a means to use it for data. 

I also had no issues connecting to 4G over the 34010 sponsor PRL, as seen in the screenshots. I am using the Photon Q. 

I have not been able to connect 1x 800 as effectively with 56015 as I have with the sponsor PRL. But the sponsor PRL forces 1x 800, whereas the 56015 is more logical and chooses the 1900 signal which is obviously closer and better signal. Only on two occasions did i connect to 1x 800 on 56015, both were for a second before I went back to 1900. One occasion, 1x on 1900 was nonexistent inside the building. Hence, 800 would have helped even if the tower was far away, but it still did not connect to it. 

And just for the record, the 1x 800 speed test was meant as a reference about its speed rather than a means to use it for data. 

I also had no issues connecting to 4G over the 34010 sponsor PRL, as seen in the screenshots. I am using the Photon Q. 

PRLs don't pick networks based on signal strength.  On the 56xxx PRLs 800 and 1900 are both at the same priority.  If you are already connected to 1900 then your phone is "happy" and will not scan for another network until it needs to do so.  When it does scan it will look for 800 first.  If it finds it then it will use it of course. 

I recommend you guys read up on the 2 PRL articles I wrote on The Wall here at S4GRU.

U mentioned on a earlier post that the iphone prl and note2 prl will not work. If I force a custom prl, will it work on iphone?

U mentioned on a earlier post that the iphone prl and note2 prl will not work. If I force a custom prl, will it work on iphone?

Yes. From everything I recall reading, it will work. The iPhone used to have the 550xx PRL, and 560xx if corporate, but then got the 510xx series of PRLs. 

Yes. From everything I recall reading, it will work. The iPhone used to have the 550xx PRL, and 560xx if corporate, but then got the 510xx series of PRLs.

Yep, thru broke it off that series to add 800smr back to the series.

So had LTE today & the speeds are blazing fast.

ezyrymev.jpg

Heres my location on Sensorly

qybyhe5u.jpg

This is the fastest speeds i've ever had & its the early afternoon so maybe these speeds will be consistent. They do need to improve signal density cause I lost it as soon as the bus turned onto Francis Lewis

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by IsaiahL
  • Like 5

Service in Queens is by far the best place i've had LTE so far. When I got to Manhattan service was there but the speed was not. 2 bars in Queens = 3-6mbps up & down , 2 bars in Manhattan = 1-2mbps down & .50up & even with the low ping its slow. Sprint really has some fine toning to do to the Network so that everywhere that has LTE speeds will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by IsaiahL

Service in Queens is by far the best place i've had LTE so far. When I got to Manhattan service was there but the speed was not. 2 bars in Queens = 3-6mbps up & down , 2 bars in Manhattan = 1-2mbps down & .50up & even with the low ping its slow. Sprint really has some fine toning to do to the Network so that everywhere that has LTE speeds will be the same. Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Doubtful queens has better coverage then brooklyn as of now.

The stock PRL for the iPhone 5 is 51xxx series. The PRL has SMR 800 listed on a lower priority, so, if you lose 1900, the phone will scan for 800.

Which prl do I need for the opposite? Scan for 800 and if none found, then scan for 1900.

Doubtful queens has better coverage then brooklyn as of now.

I can't tell you about southern and eastern parts of queens, but northern queens (far more contiguos LTE and faster speeds) has waaay better coverage than northern brooklyn. A lot of places on Sensorly that were reported as LTE active (in brooklyn) have since lost LTE and speeds have been between 1-5 mbps when on LTE.

• Like 1

I can't tell you about southern and eastern parts of queens, but northern queens (far more contiguos LTE and faster speeds) has waaay better coverage than northern brooklyn. A lot of places on Sensorly that were reported as LTE active (in brooklyn) have since lost LTE and speeds have been between 1-5 mbps when on LTE.

speeds are one thing, but as for coverage, initially when LTE was announced in the Brooklyn market, it did take some time for previous LTE sites to go back up, but as of now, most if not all are up.

Which prl do I need for the opposite? Scan for 800 and if none found, then scan for 1900.

The only one that does it is the sponsor PRL. All official PRLs supporting 800 are at the same priority as 1900, so it won't prioritize the 800. You may want to try the other testing one here.

Is that a live signal or is that through a modded PRL?

Let's just hope that 800Mhz spreads and that it finally gets on a roll! Posted Image

is prl version 25015 and im only been able to connect sometimes when im indoors.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4