Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Maybe the OP was a troll?

I doubt he was trolling. On that same note, just got off the phone with sprint rep (for unrelated reasons), and he did mention that there is a site not far from me that should be broadcasting 800. Take that with a grain of salt!

Could be. How do I get it back?

Regular sponsorships are active for 6 months from the last donation. At the end of the sponsorship, you are may acquire a premier sponsorship at a reduced price (PM robert) or you may put another donation for another 6 month normal sponsorship. 

Decided to flash the test PRL....and viola! 1x800 in my neighborhood! Also connected to more than one site broadcasting 800. Signal strength increased about  -8dBm. The only thing I'm unsure of is what PRL would prioritize 800 and allow me to still use LTE. Also, what is stopping my phone from natively connecting to these sites considering that the Default PRL has 800SMR support.

Here are 1x and 1x800 shots, connected to the same site

2013-08-10%2003.04.56.png2013-08-10%2002.34.02.png

• Like 1

Rockefeller Center finally has 4g as of 2 hours ago

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

What sort of signal strength? Try signal check app to get dBm signal strength, also If your still in the area, map it with sensorly, if you got a few moments..btw welcome to the forum..

Edited by nexgencpu

I wonder if there'd be more LTE coverage in Queens if it was served by Optimum. If I remember correctly, Queens and Brooklyn began receiving LTE around the same time, but Brooklyn, which is served by Optimum, has outpaced Queens quite a bit.

Idk, it's just an observation.

I wonder if there'd be more LTE coverage in Queens if it was served by Optimum. If I remember correctly, Queens and Brooklyn began receiving LTE around the same time, but Brooklyn, which is served by Optimum, has outpaced Queens quite a bit.

Makes sense, both Bronx and Brooklyn are served by Optimum whereas the rest are mainly TWC territory.

What do u mean its served by optimum? It's using optimums wifi bandwidth for LTE?

Wow! Never knew optimum had fiber! Always thought it was just cable.

I'm not from New York, don't really know anything about Optimum. But if they're a cable provider, that means they probably provide internet as well right? If they provide internet, that means they have fiber.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I'm not from New York, don't really know anything about Optimum. But if they're a cable provider, that means they probably provide internet as well right? If they provide internet, that means they have fiber.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Quite possibly the best ISP in all of the Tri-State area!

Always hated cablevision, they treated you like crap and knew they could because they were the ony provider untill fios came around, maybe thats why they changed there name. No were not the cable company were OPTIMUM your tv, phone and intetnet company

Always hated cablevision, they treated you like crap and knew they could because they were the ony provider untill fios came around, maybe thats why they changed there name. No were not the cable company were OPTIMUM your tv, phone and intetnet company

I enjoy Optimum's service. Especially that free Internet speed upgrade that DOUBLED my speed. I think that they are actually one of the best when it comes to customer service. They will sit on the phone with you for hours until you fix your internet. If they can't figure it out over the phone, they'll send a technician the next day. I once had a technician get into an accident but they sent another one to my home, on the same day, to get my internet back up and running.

They really only renamed their service. The company is CSC Holdings and a lot of their stores still say Cablevision.

Anyway, they must be doing something right if they are a major backhaul provider.

I enjoy Optimum's service. Especially that free Internet speed upgrade that DOUBLED my speed. I think that they are actually one of the best when it comes to customer service. They will sit on the phone with you for hours until you fix your internet. If they can't figure it out over the phone, they'll send a technician the next day. I once had a technician get into an accident but they sent another one to my home, on the same day, to get my internet back up and running.

They really only renamed their service. The company is CSC Holdings and a lot of their stores still say Cablevision.

Anyway, they must be doing something right if they are a major backhaul provider.

100/35 MBPS NO CAP! $55/month. Can't go wrong

• Like 1

Maby there customer service is better now, dont know, i switch to fios when it was availabe in my area.

About 10 years ago i lost my internet conection I called up and they said the problem wasnt the modem but my line had to many splices, I ran a new line from the main splice direct to the modem and it still didnt work, so i was than able to exchange it at the optimum store

I know the name change was just for there service, its all just smoke and mirrors because they want to get away from the lable "cable company"

• Like 1

Maby there customer service is better now, dont know, i switch to fios when it was availabe in my area.

About 10 years ago i lost my internet conection I called up and they said the problem wasnt the modem but my line had to many splices, I ran a new line from the main splice direct to the modem and it still didnt work, so i was than able to exchange it at the optimum store

I know the name change was just for there service, its all just smoke and mirrors because they want to get away from the lable "cable company"

Same happened to me. I thought I had broken my modem but instead the person that initially set up my service had messed up the wiring. The person that they sent replaced the wires and now service is impeccable.