Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Is there any insight into the rollout for Brooklyn (mostly around 11234 and 11209) I'm real happy for y'all in the North half of the 5 boros but we need help down here desperately.

Still looking for 3G improvements cuz I won't drop for a new contract to get more of the same abuse.

Show me the network and I'll show you the money Sprint! (and a contract and new GS3, now hustle!)

Sent in Semaphore using Flags and Glow Sticks. And an EVO....

Yeah. Definitely 11234. That's where I'm from. But 3G hasn't been a problem for me except at home. I am directly between the edge of two towers so my phone will switch from 2bars to one bar when I am at home. But then again, that's why I have an Airave.

Edited by Paynefanbro

Yeah. Definitely 11234. That's where I'm from. But 3G hasn't been a problem for me except at home. I am directly between the edge of two towers so my phone will switch from 2bars to one bar when I am at home. But then again, that's why I have an Airave.

They told me if I wanted a airwave but I told them no for what if I pay for my service why should I use my house Internet for it. But soon in queens their should be LTE

Kinda surprised by your answer. My 3g Svc is generally pretty crappy. Not just at home but out and about around here. I rarely get better than 400kbps and often closer to 100-150 kbps. Driving around my phone often won't keep up with a YouTube stream (not HQ!) I've even had issues streaming from Play Music. I'm on the edge of bouncing to TMO prepaid. They Have a deal ending today I might just jump to. Bottom line: if I'm gonna have sub par svc, might as well pay cheap for it. That's why I'm asking about 11234.. Will it get better in a few weeks or is it gonna be a couple of months

Kinda surprised by your answer. My 3g Svc is generally pretty crappy. Not just at home but out and about around here. I rarely get better than 400kbps and often closer to 100-150 kbps. Driving around my phone often won't keep up with a YouTube stream (not HQ!) I've even had issues streaming from Play Music. I'm on the edge of bouncing to TMO prepaid. They Have a deal ending today I might just jump to. Bottom line: if I'm gonna have sub par svc, might as well pay cheap for it. That's why I'm asking about 11234.. Will it get better in a few weeks or is it gonna be a couple of months

Have any of the towers been down ? Cause they are working on putting up LTE in the whole city if you have dropped calls and all that its part of it

I guess it depends on where in 11234 because I have posted several speedtests where I get over 1mbps. I haven't seen a speed lower than 800kbps in a long time. At least when I am outside.

Edited by Paynefanbro

Sounds like my service in Jamaica, I hardly do anything except browse the web, other tasks are either a hassle or impossible. I think the tower near me is overloaded, it was a recipient of a data speed upgrade (not related to Network Vision) but even when I'm within 100 feet of it my DL speeds are generally around 0.3 Mbps (while upload speeds are just under 1Mbps), it's better than what I get closer to home but it's still slow.

I'm don't plan on leaving Sprint though.

Edited by Sonic13

Sounds like my service in Jamaica, I hardly do anything except browse the web, other tasks are either a hassle or impossible. I think the tower near me is overloaded, it was a recipient of a data speed upgrade (not related to Network Vision) but even when I'm within 100 feet of it my DL speeds are generally around 0.3 Mbps (while upload speeds are just under 1Mbps), it's better than what I get closer to home but it's still slow.

I'm don't plan on leaving Sprint though.

Yeah man, I feel your pain. I forgot how often my words are also "upside down" with upload beating downloads.

I've been very loyal to Sprint for quite a while. I don't plan to leave Sprint for too long I just can't wait as it is.. If they'd been more forth coming on their schedule or got off their asses and band-aided theit current equipment (heck if they'd have followed up on my tickets and given my complaints more than just empty lip service and empty promises) I might have been inclined to stick around.

Now they'll have to impress me enough with NV if/when it gets here to make me switch back. Moving to Tmo prepaid will drop my bill from $120+ to about $65/mo. so NV will have to be very impressive then to woo me back. All because of weak customer service and weak customer relations.

I'll continue to monitor these forums from time to time. Much thanks @Robert for this place. Sprint should thank you too. If not for the info here I'd be leaving with my back turned for good..

Bye for now,

J.

Sent in Semaphore using Flags and Glow Sticks. And an EVO ;)

I would like to start off this topic by saying nothing consumes my time more than looking for an 4g lte signal for my galaxy s3.... so one day I typed in google sprint 4g lte nyc in and I got this review for a iPhone 5 on the lte network and while reading the review the person who reviewed the iPhone gave details that the only tower in nyc was in the bronx so after I got super excited I did more Googling and typed sprint 4g lte tower bronx NY and what came up was excerpts from a post on a blog how his friend bust out the info that there was a tower in the bronx zoo area so long story short after a game of basketball in the park off allerton Ave in the bronx I just wondered if I would get 4g signal so I changed the network Mode to lte

On my phone and when it rebooted my phone had a very surprising 4g signal on the top of the screen not only it was one of the happiest times in my life the speed was remarkable here is my results on speed test

I would like to start off this topic by saying nothing consumes my time more than looking for an 4g lte signal for my galaxy s3.... so one day I typed in google sprint 4g lte nyc in and I got this review for a iPhone 5 on the lte network and while reading the review the person who reviewed the iPhone gave details that the only tower in nyc was in the bronx so after I got super excited I did more Googling and typed sprint 4g lte tower bronx NY and what came up was excerpts from a post on a blog how his friend bust out the info that there was a tower in the bronx zoo area so long story short after a game of basketball in the park off allerton Ave in the bronx I just wondered if I would get 4g signal so I changed the network Mode to lte

On my phone and when it rebooted my phone had a very surprising 4g signal on the top of the screen not only it was one of the happiest times in my life the speed was remarkable here is my results on speed test

Where exactly on allerton avenue ?

Haven't posted here in a while...but just got a bunch of points on Sensorly around bainbridge area (in the bronx)..that has very strong LTE signal and covers a pretty decent amount of space..Keep it coming sprint...almost in my area...almost

Another quick note, ATT has been at the 4G deployment for a looong time, and as far as I can see on Sensorly, there coverage around the country isnt as strong as one would think, Sprint seems to be catching up fairly quickly, so for all those that are having a hard time waiting, really should think twice before leaving to an inferior network(within a year or less) with a higher price.

What were the results? I'm curious for travel purposes.

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2

I see some purple in jersey on the Palisades in Englewood.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That appears to be a signal coming across the river, if I was guessing.

Robert

I guess it depends on where in 11234 because I have posted several speedtests where I get over 1mbps. I haven't seen a speed lower than 800kbps in a long time. At least when I am outside.

I'm mostly around mill basin out bay ridge. I don't do too many speed tests, I can just tell when my data is snappy and when it isn't. When Google maps takes 3 minutes to load up traffic, and I'm already in the entrance to the Belt, and that happens timer and again.. Well, it's just not working out..

Sent in Semaphore using Flags and Glow Sticks

Have any of the towers been down ? Cause they are working on putting up LTE in the whole city if you have dropped calls and all that its part of it

Dropped calls have never been a problem for me, even now.

And the issue is across too much of Brooklyn for me to buy into one or two towers being the cause. Seems most towers round here cover about .5 mi or less..

Dropped calls have never been a problem for me, even now.

And the issue is across too much of Brooklyn for me to buy into one or two towers being the cause. Seems most towers round here cover about .5 mi or less..

It's not how much space they cover, as much as tower density. There are so many towers that your phone will constantly switch, and on top of that, you are surrounded by brick and metal structures which will kill that connection. In my experience much of Brooklyn has usable service.

Edited by Paynefanbro

It's not how much space they cover, as much as tower density. There are so many towers that your phone will constantly switch, and on top of that, you are surrounded by brick and metal structures which will kill that connection. In my experience much of Brooklyn has usable service.

Yup true but with the NV it should be better