Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

What I noticed is that the CA gets turned off when the data is not in use. I had to run a speedtest in the background to capture service mode screenshot. SignalCheck was only showing LTE without any band information.

What I noticed is that the CA gets turned off when the data is not in use. I had to run a speedtest in the background to capture service mode screenshot. SignalCheck was only showing LTE without any band information.

It should show "CA-Add" in service mode when the data session is idle. Interesting...

Yes I can confirm the screenshot by latoso above with one of my own.

B412  in Jackson Heights/Elmhurst on Broadway from 72nd st to Elmhurst Ave. At Elmhurst Ave it goes back to regular B41.

TS 

Keep in mind, the "2" next to B41 just means it switched from the main carrier as primary to the second carrier. So you can still be attached to a CA site with or without that "2" displayed in signalcheck pro. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind, the "2" next to B41 just means it switched from the main carrier as primary to the second carrier. So you can still be attached to a CA site with or without that "2" displayed in signalcheck pro.

When my phone is connected to band 41(2) my battery drains barely last a day, regular band 41 my battery last 2 days

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When my phone is connected to band 41(2) my battery drains barely last a day, regular band 41 my battery last 2 days

That should not effect battery life at all, just means your connected to second carrier. 

Everyone, can you please confirm that on your engineering screens, the PCC remains populated, but SCC data disappears when your device goes IDLE.

Everyone, can you please confirm that on your engineering screens, the PCC remains populated, but SCC data disappears when your device goes IDLE.

Is that a regional or device issue? SCC remains populated even when data is idle on the G4.

I was in flushing main st and roosevelt Ave and i was downloading fishdom:deep dive, and band 25 was taking 19 minutes to download so i reset my connection and got connected to band 41(2) and the downloaded in less than 2 minutes 928b4e3ac2c371d245725f029fb0aa11.jpg

• Like 1

So as all the other towers are getting a second carrier. I've noticed that the sector around Bronx Community College around University in the Bronx hasn't been updated for 3 years no update - 1x advanced voice nor a second carrier has been added while other sectors in the area have been updated as well. Is there a particular reason why this site has not had any updates and will sprint get to updating it at some point or is it just kind of a lost cause.

A couple things to take note of since I've come home:

1. My house now sits in Band 41 coverage. Inside my home it flips between Band 41 and Band 26 now, completely skipping over Band 25. Speeds range from 6.5-15Mbps down depending on which band I'm on.
  2. I found out that a site near my home got 8T8R antennas so the back of my house sits in Sprint Band 41 coverage but the front of my house sits in Clear Band 41 coverage now. I think Sprint may have adjusted the Clear Band 41 site a bit because this never used to happen.
  3. My phone is flying on Band 41 in many areas of Brooklyn despite it not being a CA device. I only ran one speed test yesterday but I managed to get this. After that i felt no reason to run any speed tests.

Overall Sprint seems to be back on top of their game in the network performance category.

EDIT: I don't know why it is saying my carrier is Boost. I'm on Sprint so that's weird.

• Like 3

So as all the other towers are getting a second carrier. I've noticed that the sector around Bronx Community College around University in the Bronx hasn't been updated for 3 years no update - 1x advanced voice nor a second carrier has been added while other sectors in the area have been updated as well. Is there a particular reason why this site has not had any updates and will sprint get to updating it at some point or is it just kind of a lost cause.

Got an address?

Am I the only one having certain issues with the phone getting stuck on B26 on occasion. Seems like I'm dropping to B26 at random locations, which didn't occur before.

Also, seems to take much longer to switch to B25/41 from B26 idle or not. 

Could just be my Nexus 6P, but this didn't occur before the second carrier came online.

Am I the only one having certain issues with the phone getting stuck on B26 on occasion. Seems like I'm dropping to B26 at random locations, which didn't occur before.

Could just be my Nexus 6P, but this didn't occur before the second carrier came online.

Yeah i have the same issue, i have a clear site one block away before never switched to sprint site and now keeps reconnecting to band 25 and 26 all day, i guess they still testing band 41(2) because it never happen before

• Like 1

I've noticed a gain in the RSRP so it does switch and disconnect periodically could be a testing issue as well. On Nexus 6 P myself

• Like 1