Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Is it usable though? I've been stuck on weak b41 that was unusable.

That update they pushed isnt shy about using B26 for capacity, Ive seen instances where B25 or 41's signal is decent, and yet it would still switch to the less loaded B26.

First post.

Speedtest was in palisades park, NJ B41

I go to school in the city (manhattan) and i always leave LTE on. Much more reliable than my crappy CUNY wifi. Note 4 LTE tether for my laptop hehe.

Only problem is sometimes, It drops to b25. I hate b25. I love b26 and b41 but not complaining.

Man the pings have gotten really great as of late...

That update they pushed isnt shy about using B26 for capacity, Ive seen instances where B25 or 41's signal is decent, and yet it would still switch to the less loaded B26.

I can concur I've noticed that band 25 is not being used as much instead band 26, in its steed is being used and is actually getting a little overloaded at times especially at peak hours these past few days.

yesterday I walked in to get something and go and I was standing in the bathroom... and looked down at phone and noticed 4g let lol was super excited I think all yesterday I had in on note 3... did the 1 in afternoon speed test and 1 in the am this am... 1/14 speed test.. NO LTE today makes no sense. but its cool knowing I got it in the house so that means LTE real soon in this area. But Im curious I downloaded the app and paid for it but it doesn't say the band that the internet is connected on... ? 

that screenshot was wrong... I will post correct one in next post

post-42753-0-41845100-1423932756_thumb.png

yesterday I walked in to get something and go and I was standing in the bathroom... and looked down at phone and noticed 4g let lol was super excited I think all yesterday I had in on note 3... did the 1 in afternoon speed test and 1 in the am this am... 1/14 speed test.. NO LTE today makes no sense. but its cool knowing I got it in the house so that means LTE real soon in this area. But Im curious I downloaded the app and paid for it but it doesn't say the band that the internet is connected on... ? 

that screenshot was wrong... I will post correct one in next post

Paid for the Signal Check Pro app? If so, and you are using a Note 3, it's not going to say a band, because all you connect to is Band 25. It will just say LTE. 

• Like 1

That is what I've experienced in Boston too. My phone will latch onto Band 41 at all costs.

My phone does the same thing. In my room I get 1-2 bars of B41 and my phone will randomly just have itself parked on it. It's fully unstable too. Usually get around 5mbps down and 1mbps up.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

@BlameTheAlcohol you've definitely got to invest in a spark device. The single band device era is over. If you want to stay Samsung then get the Note 4. If not get an HTC phone. M9 is launching next month according to what I've been hearing. So is the GS6 so you have tons of options coming up.

• Like 2

My phone does the same thing. In my room I get 1-2 bars of B41 and my phone will randomly just have itself parked on it. It's fully unstable too. Usually get around 5mbps down and 1mbps up.

Here when my phone parks on Band 41 speeds are still very high. If I drop off of Band 41 speeds are still high. The other day, I ran a speed test on campus and had 25Mbps on Band 25. On Band 41 I get 60Mbps+

• Like 2

Blamethealcohol, check if you can get pushed to early Triband/Spark device upgrade. Especially in a congested market like NYC, it's Spark or nothing. A warning - if you need talk and surf, you lose that with Triband because of the necessity to go to single radio frequency path handsets for TD-LTE. Sprint will eventually solve this problem with VoLTE but won't make that transition until they can offer reliable voice on LTE.

• Like 2

I def want to upgrade soon now that I see they are pushing forward after 3 years of false promises but I don't do upgrades unless they were giving me note 4 for free. And why no talk and surf? I get that with my phone now and with galaxy s3 wasnt that triband?

All triband phones will not support talk and data. Use Wi-Fi to get around that.

I def want to upgrade soon now that I see they are pushing forward after 3 years of false promises but I don't do upgrades unless they were giving me note 4 for free. And why no talk and surf? I get that with my phone now and with galaxy s3 wasnt that triband?

No, your GS3 is/was not tri-band. 

ANY tri-band device does not support SvLTE.

• Like 1

Hey guys, when do you think Sprint is going to start rolling out WiFi calling? I know my phone supports it but it's pretty much a wasted feature with the carrier I'm on.

Hey guys, when do you think Sprint is going to start rolling out WiFi calling? I know my phone supports it but it's pretty much a wasted feature with the carrier I'm on.

Start? Well they started rolling out wifi calling about a year ago.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-adds-wi-fi-calling-to-improve-voice-coverage/

Start? Well they started rolling out wifi calling about a year ago.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-adds-wi-fi-calling-to-improve-voice-coverage/

When then [emoji24]. Well how do I enable it lol. I have an iPhone 6. Is it everywhere or just select locations?

When then [emoji24]. Well how do I enable it lol. I have an iPhone 6. Is it everywhere or just select locations?

That's a no-go on iOS, Android only at the moment. It's been mentioned by an executive that it's coming to iPhone, but no ETA as far as I know.

That's a no-go on iOS, Android only at the moment. It's been mentioned by an executive that it's coming to iPhone, but no ETA as far as I know.

Woooooow. I'm sleep. Wake me when I can access the WiFi calling network [emoji24][emoji24]

IM still dumbfound at the fact that this LTE came went away for a few hours and came back to stay I'm guessing even though my wifi is retarded its good to know I can somewhat rely on it when Im outside and don't have to drive into an LTE area just to use my phone. and PCS carrier what does that mean?

Has anyone been able to confirm the presence of a second PCS carrier yet? Sprint is doing a whole lot of network testing and provisioning in NYC.

Not that I've come across as of yet. My device in absence of strong band 41 signal. Parks on band 26 for the time being as well.