Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Does Google Voice use your same phone number or does it give you a different number? I've never used so I don't know how it works

I have the Magicjack app that allows me to call using data as well but it gives me a phone number with an area code from Florida. I just use it to call people that I don't want knowing my personal number.

Does Google Voice use your same phone number or does it give you a different number? I've never used so I don't know how it works

I have the Magicjack app that allows me to call using data as well but it gives me a phone number with an area code from Florida. I just use it to call people that I don't want knowing my personal number.

With full integration it is your Sprint number. Sprint is the only carrier to have that feature.

• Like 1

With full integration it is your Sprint number. Sprint is the only carrier to have that feature.

Really? I did not know that.

Will Sprint ever deploy small cells in crowded places such as Citi Field or Yankee Stadium?

Really? I did not know that.

Will Sprint ever deploy small cells in crowded places such as Citi Field or Yankee Stadium?

I am certain they will. What I can tell you is, I did go to a yankee game last year and the nearest Clear site was broadcasting B41, and it was pretty fast. (20-30mbs)

So I would not be surprised if we see an additional Sprint B41 site come online near the stadium very soon. 

I haven't checked out Citi yet so not sure about that.

I still do not get the fascination over VoLTE talking and surfing simultaneously. Maybe because I don't recall every having it or using it (on other carriers), but especially because I have yet to get a good example/reason of why it would be necessary. But that's for another thread. 

In regards to using Google voice full integration/Hangouts dialer, I downloaded it a while back but haven't figured out how to use it properly to simulate Talk and surf (to see what all the big deal was about ) but I was lazy to go search for proper instructions on how to do it. lol

As for NYC, I love the progress that has been made since last year. No complaints. Even in the areas I've ventured into Long Island have improved. I go out there every three weeks and every time the network gets better on the areas we go to.

It's funny, 2 years ago, my friends on Verizon and T-Mobile were happy and those on Sprint were not. Now they are not so happy and the ones on Sprint are loving the network.  :D

TS

Am I going crazy or is it that whenever the weather conditions are bad service is affected negatively by it. I've noticed that when it's raining too hard my service will be like non existent and now it's snowing pretty much the same thing. Is it only me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still do not get the fascination over VoLTE / talking and surfing simultaneously. Maybe because I don't recall every having it or using it (on other carriers), but especially because I have yet to get a good example/reason of why it would be necessary. But that's for another thread.

TS

I had AT&T when the iPhone 4 came out and the whole web surfing while being on the phone thing. It's legit and it's very useful and I think Sprint would make good use of it. If VoLTE is the only way to get that then I'm all for it.

Okay so then can you please explain to me why my 3G speeds are still of the legacy quality hmm? Cause you're right it makes zero sense for me to have almost every 4G band with legacy 3G because why would Sprint do that, idk it's mind boggling.

What exactly would you be expecting in terms of 3G? 3-4mbps? The average I have seen post NV has been 1-1.5mbps which is expected.

Keep in mind that they are sharing the same backhaul (data pipe) so more LTE data means less 3G data available.

I had AT&T when the iPhone 4 came out and the whole web surfing while being on the phone thing. It's legit and it's very useful and I think Sprint would make good use of it. If VoLTE is the only way to get that then I'm all for it.

I believe that a good 60-70% of people don't know or care about that feature. My coworker had AT&T for years, and switched to Sprint a year ago. Hasn't mentioned that once. 

talking and surfing is pretty invaluable especially if you are navigating in your car, or just walking directions and you need the data connection. To speak to someone at the same time, or insurance claims as i needed recently or anything related. Sending out emails as well if that's part of your job. Makes it a lot more efficient and convenient at the same time! So the ability to talk and surf if wiFi isn't available is a pretty big deal and would be a welcome feature. I came from at&t and Tmobile. So its something I always had before sprint. Would welcome back!

• Like 2

What exactly would you be expecting in terms of 3G? 3-4mbps? The average I have seen post NV has been 1-1.5mbps which is expected.

Keep in mind that they are sharing the same backhaul (data pipe) so more LTE data means less 3G data available.

3-4mbps lol we can only dream for 3G speeds like that. No I'm expecting the average. Everything shares the same backhaul? That seems like it would make for a cluttered experience, 3G & each band of LTE on the same backhaul? That probably would explain why things have been sluggish.

I believe that a good 60-70% of people don't know or care about that feature. My coworker had AT&T for years, and switched to Sprint a year ago. Hasn't mentioned that once.

Yeah, most people don't even know they can talk and surf that's why. The only reason I knew was AT&T was using that as marketing tool to sell the iPhone back then. They had a Super Bowl commercial for it. I remember it like it was yesterday. lol

talking and surfing is pretty invaluable especially if you are navigating in your car, or just walking directions and you need the data connection. To speak to someone at the same time, or insurance claims as i needed recently or anything related. Sending out emails as well if that's part of your job. Makes it a lot more efficient and convenient at the same time! So the ability to talk and surf if wiFi isn't available is a pretty big deal and would be a welcome feature. I came from at&t and Tmobile. So its something I always had before sprint. Would welcome back!

I guess after 16 years of being a Sprint customer, it never occurred to me to use my phone as such. There was always a workaround for me.

3-4mbps lol we can only dream for 3G speeds like that. No I'm expecting the average. Everything shares the same backhaul? That seems like it would make for a cluttered experience, 3G & each band of LTE on the same backhaul? That probably would explain why things have been sluggish.

Yeah, why pay for a dedicated fiber just for LTE? Let everyone reap the benefits.

I still do not get the fascination over VoLTE / talking and surfing simultaneously. Maybe because I don't recall every having it or using it (on other carriers), but especially because I have yet to get a good example/reason of why it would be necessary. But that's for another thread.

In regards to using Google voice full integration/Hangouts dialer, I downloaded it a while back but haven't figured out how to use it properly to simulate Talk and surf (to see what all the big deal was about ) but I was lazy to go search for proper instructions on how to do it. lol

As for NYC, I love the progress that has been made since last year. No complaints. Even in the areas I've ventured into Long Island have improved. I go out there every three weeks and every time the network gets better on the areas we go to.

It's funny, 2 years ago, my friends on Verizon and T-Mobile were happy and those on Sprint were not. Now they are not so happy and the ones on Sprint are loving the network. :D

TS

My job requires me to constantly be emailing and calling my clients so talking and being able to pull up an email at the same time is something I do everyday. Is a must for me and to suddenly lose that would be a big blow to me, unless of course I'm on wi-fi.

At&t is great but the data caps can certainly be frustrating and with Sprint providing unlimited data, I won't have to watch my usage.

At&t is now offering rollover data and maybe that will help me a lot but I still want unlimited.

A friend of mine averages 9-10gb of data a month and never has to worry about caps or overage fees. Awesome feeling.. Makes me jealous all the time.

I'm very impressed at how much Sprint has improved. They have come a long way from 2011-2012 when I had them.

• Like 1

SVLTE and SVDO are available on some older Sprint handsets if you absolutely need it and don't want to or can't figure out how to use google voice and the hangouts dialer.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

At&t is great but the data caps can certainly be frustrating and with Sprint providing unlimited data, I won't have to watch my usage.

At&t is now offering rollover data and maybe that will help me a lot but I still want unlimited.

A friend of mine averages 9-10gb of data a month and never has to worry about caps or overage fees. Awesome feeling.. Makes me jealous all the time.

I'm very impressed at how much Sprint has improved. They have come a long way from 2011-2012 when I had them.

I don't think I would ever switch to another carrier tbh. Even when I get my own like phone line it's gonna be on Sprint. Sprint holds it down and they're more understanding in terms of if you can pay you're bill at a certain time they'll letchu keep your phone on until you can come up with the money.

And then on the service side; I've seen major improvements from them since they started this whole network revision. Sprint is awesome and they can only get better in the coming years.