Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Sprint seriously needs to reorganize their schedule for network optimization. My girlfriend lives by two cell sites that have been completed with support for all three bands for months now, and she still only gets 3G in her house. If I go to the living room and do a PRL update though, I can grab 2 bars of band 25. Band 26's range is so bad, makes me wonder why they turned it on since its basically unusable.

Tell her to use the Sprint Zone app to report it.

• Like 1

Something magical just happend! Sprint fired up another B41 site, I now no longer jump to B25 at home, I bounce between Clear B41 and Sprint B41....WOW! just WOW! 

I can't tell if you're excited or irritated. Is it constantly switching back and forth, or are you just mad to have both clear b41 and sprint b41. 

I can't tell if you're excited or irritated. Is it constantly switching back and forth, or are you just mad to have both clear b41 and sprint b41. 

Well before id jump between B25 (6mb at best during off peak hours and 1mb during peak) and Clear B41. Instead now its just Sprint B41 and Clear B41 (averaging between 15-25mb so far and about the same on the clear site)

I am ecstatic... 

• Like 4

I reported it three times. I'm probably gonna call next time I sleep over.

I'm jealous of you nextgencpu, I want b41 at home :(

I'm lucky enough to get B41 at home, but average speeds are around 10-13mbps, vs. 300mbps I have on TWC :)

lm*o <<<lolol I spoke to Sprint last night about the whole upgrade that still hasn't begun yet. So just an update for the Ridgewood and Partial Bushwick area customers. The update on Myrtle Decatur and Myrtle Wyckoff will be done Jan. 2015... voice that is LM*O I was like huh... I been complaining about data problems mostly... who uses the phone anymore I WANT LTE ALREADY I WANT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING THE GOOD STUFF! So she said oh that will be done Feb 2015... I started laughing at her again said... "OH YEA Which one 800 or 1900 and 2500mhz at the same time... she said oh Spark... I laughed and said your sure. She said oh wait no... 800... I said I thought Spark was Tri-Band... she said well yes that is but we can't get work permits all at once. I asked her ok why would you want to wait to completely change an entire service when these services are non existence. Why do something 3 times... she was speechless. SO my point of this whole post is to let everyone know Month by Month it should get better. With the 2500 mhz frequency up and running by June 2015... with the start of the data LTE to begin operating Feb. for 800mhz, March for 1900mhz and May? June for 2500mhz she mentioned both months for those bands. So within next six months I pray that I get to experience this as it occurs the Spark update. These promises sound more reasonable than the lies I mentioned last week they were feeding me. Lets keep our fingers crossed!  :rolleyes:

lm*o <<<lolol I spoke to Sprint last night about the whole upgrade that still hasn't begun yet. So just an update for the Ridgewood and Partial Bushwick area customers. The update on Myrtle Decatur and Myrtle Wyckoff will be done Jan. 2015... voice that is LM*O I was like huh... I been complaining about data problems mostly... who uses the phone anymore I WANT LTE ALREADY I WANT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING THE GOOD STUFF! So she said oh that will be done Feb 2015... I started laughing at her again said... "OH YEA Which one 800 or 1900 and 2500mhz at the same time... she said oh Spark... I laughed and said your sure. She said oh wait no... 800... I said I thought Spark was Tri-Band... she said well yes that is but we can't get work permits all at once. I asked her ok why would you want to wait to completely change an entire service when these services are non existence. Why do something 3 times... she was speechless. SO my point of this whole post is to let everyone know Month by Month it should get better. With the 2500 mhz frequency up and running by June 2015... with the start of the data LTE to begin operating Feb. for 800mhz, March for 1900mhz and May? June for 2500mhz she mentioned both months for those bands. So within next six months I pray that I get to experience this as it occurs the Spark update. These promises sound more reasonable than the lies I mentioned last week they were feeding me. Lets keep our fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

You shouldn't bother customer service reps about this. They only know so much. That's why sites like this exist, we'll provide you the information you want if you're nice about it. Shouldn't be expecting educated answers from someone whose job it is to just make a customer happy. She's not a cellular enthusiast like most of us here.

• Like 6

LTE in my neighborhood just went to hell. 2Mbps down and 3 up in the suburbs at 9:30PM. Not quite sure how, as a few weeks ago I was getting 10-12 at this time. Very concerned.

EDIT: Now getting 7Mbps+ not even 10 minutes later. Was consistently 2Mbps before, now speeds are going back and forth between 7 and 20 Mbps. What is going on here?

EDIT #2: Back below 2Mbps consistently again. 

LTE in my neighborhood just went to hell. 2Mbps down and 3 up in the suburbs at 9:30PM. Not quite sure how, as a few weeks ago I was getting 10-12 at this time. Very concerned.

EDIT: Now getting 7Mbps+ not even 10 minutes later. Was consistently 2Mbps before, now speeds are going back and forth between 7 and 20 Mbps. What is going on here?

EDIT #2: Back below 2Mbps consistently again.

my guess would be either tuning the antenna or launching of B41. My speeds tanked once B41 went live because Sprint didn't increase backhaul yet.

my guess would be either tuning the antenna or launching of B41. My speeds tanked once B41 went live because Sprint didn't increase backhaul yet.

This all occurred within 20 minutes following 9:30PM. ALU would have teams out here working this late on a Saturday?

This all occurred within 20 minutes following 9:30PM. ALU would have teams out here working this late on a Saturday?

Quite possibly. I'm not 100% certain. They could be provisioning backhaul or doing something on the backend that's messing with your speeds.

• Like 1

Currently at a site awaiting NV. No Sprint panels to be seen, except these new thin panels. -45 signal there. Is it possible Sprint is using temp panels until the site is rebuilt?

You were probably staring at Legacy hardware. Signal strengh was way too strong for it not to be with in view.