Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Its possible its coming from either the bronx or Washington heights! Or it could possibly be a cluster launch! What kind of speeds were you getting?

Considering your signal is pretty good, Id bet on a Manhattan site..

Couldn't complete a speed test before it switched back to b25. But download started in the teens.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well look what I found too! This time in upper Manhattan. Might be coming across from the Bronx though. Great day for b26.

ymunevyg.jpg

With that signal, you can be pretty sure the offending site was only a block or two away.

Deleted due to double post but to repeat myself. I am dropping to Verizon wireless. Roaming calls when I take a call on LTE. Anyone else experience this?

so I turn roaming off on my HTC One max. Called out the phone would not complete the call. Called myself from my apartment landline, call would not connect to the device. Able to send, and receive text messages but unable to use voice service with roaming disconnected!

Edit: Forced my device into 3g and is only connecting to Verizon 1x towers. Sprint towers in my area are completely down. Able to call out but unable to receive calls in straight CDMA 1x setting. Noticed this first when I missed a fall from my friend when I got back to the Bronx at 4pm via google voice. If not for that I would not have known anything was wrong. There is no evdo in 3g both PCs carriers for voice and data are inoperable currently. So if anyone experiences this it seems to be a triband device issue not a issue if youbjsve single band device still. Was going to activate my nexus 5 for comparison but sprints site won't let me activate currently or else I would have tested that as well.

Edit#2: was finally able to activate my Nexus 5 on network and not replicate my issues that I'm having with the HTC One max I can connect just fine to Sprint's 3G network but cannot do the same on the one max. have to travel around and see if it is isolated to my area or if my device is now faulty!:-(

Edit#3: this is what happens when you mess with frequency settings I fixed my issue SMH. I caused it!

1x800 may be a bit more prevalent than what I can observe. Even with Digiblur's PRL the N5 still seems to prefer 1x1900.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PCS signal is super strong in NYC..not much reason to switch.

PCS signal is super strong in NYC..not much reason to switch.

No but the point was the N5 should favor 800 in the presence of both signals with this PRL. Just has peeked my curiosity as to why it doesn't.

No but the point was the N5 should favor 800 in the presence of both signals with this PRL. Just has peeked my curiosity as to why it doesn't.

You have the 800 PRL loaded?

So I'm upstate near Woodbury Commons. And my phone is locking onto LTE and not letting go. The signal is weaker than what I get at home. But it's not letting go. Why does my stronger signal at home keep going back to 3g. :(

Both sites say 3g/800/lte complete.

So I'm upstate near Woodbury Commons. And my phone is locking onto LTE and not letting go. The signal is weaker than what I get at home. But it's not letting go. Why does my stronger signal at home keep going back to 3g. :(

Both sites say 3g/800/lte complete.

Higher SNR in Woodbury, less crowded site.

The network is smart and will let your device know when it should and shouldn't be on LTE. Maybe the network feels your device would do Vetter on LTE than on 3G.

I have 3 different lte bands nearby and it still thinks I should be on 3g. Something still seems off. Lte speeds are fine near me. Doesn't seem too congested at all. I always need to toggle airplane to get any lte.

I have 3 different lte bands nearby and it still thinks I should be on 3g. Something still seems off. Lte speeds are fine near me. Doesn't seem too congested at all. I always need to toggle airplane to get any lte.

where are you located in the city? Before they turned on band 26 I would drop down to 3G in my apartment when I walk to certain areas especially the back of the bathroom. but now the towers have been adjusted for tilt due to additional propagation of 800 lte and it stays on band 25 even when I'm all the way in the far corner of the bathroom which lead into the hallway of my building, in terms of location! So whenever they turn on additional cell sites they may adjust the tilt and you may continue to experience LTE throughout your apartment Or house! You have the s3 which is single band so if and when they do adjust the tower by you it should penetrate farther. Hope that is helpful!

where are you located in the city? Before they turned on band 26 I would drop down to 3G in my apartment when I walk to certain areas especially the back of the bathroom. but now the towers have been adjusted for tilt due to additional propagation of 800 lte and it stays on band 25 even when I'm all the way in the far corner of the bathroom which lead into the hallway of my building, in terms of location! So whenever they turn on additional cell sites they may adjust the tilt and you may continue to experience LTE throughout your apartment Or house! You have the s3 which is single band so if and when they do adjust the tower by you it should penetrate farther. Hope that is helpful!

Yeah i have the s5 now. The s3 was a champ for holding onto LTE in my apt. I hope it's cause of b26. Cause right now my wife's q10 is embarrassing my s5. I'm in Washington Heights btw.

Yeah i have the s5 now. The s3 was a champ for holding onto LTE in my apt. I hope it's cause of b26. Cause right now my wife's q10 is embarrassing my s5. I'm in Washington Heights btw.

once additional sites come online I don't think you'll have issues. Just gotta grin and bare it for now. I was internally super frsutrated myself but the benefit is two fold!
  • Like 1

Ehh was at a lounge in Brooklyn for a birthday. Full LTE outside but once we went downstairs it was one bar of 3G. My friends iPhone on AT&T had 4 bars of LTE. was jealous..

• Like 1

once additional sites come online I don't think you'll have issues. Just gotta grin and bare it for now. I was internally super frsutrated myself but the benefit is two fold!

Just about every site in my neighborhood is 3g/800/lte b25 accepted. Just hoping when more b41 and b26 sites come online my issues will disappear.

• Like 1

Was in the West village today and look who finally broke the 37 mbps theoretical speed.

babytyta.jpg

And then I used Ookla at the same spot. You guys were right. Big difference.

ygyze6ev.jpg

Woo-hoo. Ok I'll stop doing speed tests now. I know how much it drives people crazy.

• Like 5

Was in the West village today and look who finally broke the 37 mbps theoretical speed.

And then I used Ookla at the same spot. You guys were right. Big difference.

Woo-hoo. Ok I'll stop doing speed tests now. I know how much it drives people crazy.

b41

Ehh was at a lounge in Brooklyn for a birthday. Full LTE outside but once we went downstairs it was one bar of 3G. My friends iPhone on AT&T had 4 bars of LTE. was jealous..

Get yourself a tri-band phone and make your friend jealous :)

I've noticed this on my g2 and n5 with the prl loaded. When on LTE, phone calls always ended up on 1900. If I disabled LTE, the phone would park on 800 and never move. Strange.

I picked up on confirmed band 26 on dyckman on the 1 line in Inwood, myself this morning and connected to all three panels broadcasting band 26 as it handed off on my active connection walking to the train this morning as well. I don't see how band 41 will be utilized efficietly when the other two bands propergate too well compared to TD LTE frequency.

• Like 1